Naturism/nudism and the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FlickTiny

it would be wicked to run around naked and not try to do it in a way that kept people from lusting. nudists will often try to make rules which discourage lusting. someone's always gonna try to break that rule but it can be broken when it comes to someone fully clothed.

F

FlickTiny

i actually think by not taking into account that people can lust at clothes just as easily as a naked body, then you​ are the one that's ignorant of human nature, not nudists.

Feb 9, 2010
That's true because people will lust whether people have clothes on or not.

E

ember

almost a year since this thread went dormant...must be a time warp....

F

FlickTiny

look at western europe. asexual nudity is more commonplace there, so the people are used to it more, and it helps wither away lustful thoughts.

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
.... Show me a single evidence of biblical nudism or that suggests we are to attempt to replicate the pre-fall era lifestyles.
Since you asked for only a SINGLE example of Biblical nudism, here is one... John 21.7: "That disciple whom Jesus loved therefore said to Peter, 'It is the LORD!' When Simon Peter heard that it was the LORD, he put on his outer garment, for he was STRIPPED for work, and threw himself into the sea."

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
To find out more about Biblical nudism or Christians and Nudism, please check out the website **link removed** Personally, I am a member of the website because I am a nudist and a Christian. I see no conflict between the two. This website serves as a resource for Christians who are curious about how nudism relates to the church and to God.

God bless,
Kristian

Last edited by a moderator:

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The Bible is all about modesty. So "naturism" in public would not fly. In the privacy of your own home? Sure why not.

But I got a question to everyone here: Since ALL cultures almost nowadays do wear clothes. What do you guys make of the Sentinelese people? The unreached island that just arrowed down that missionary?

When they get the gospel, should we teach them to dress or not? Ive been thinking about it because to THEM being topless is NOT immodest, because they've grown up with it for centuries and to them its normal. Plus its REALLY HOT where they live, like SCORCHING heat. So why put on even more clothes?
Then again if they ever wish to leave the island, they would have to wear something.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
To find out more about Biblical nudism or Christians and Nudism, please check out the website **link removed** . Personally, I am a member of the website because I am a nudist and a Christian. I see no conflict between the two. This website serves as a resource for Christians who are curious about how nudism relates to the church and to God.

God bless,
Kristian
Uhh.... You guys dont do this in public, do you? Its fine in the privacy of your home but uhh, keep your clothes on outside in public, will you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
Uhh.... You guys don't do this in public, do you? Its fine in the privacy of your home but uhh, keep your clothes on outside in public, will you?
Don't do this in public? By 'this' I'm assuming u mean go nude around other people. If that's what you mean, absolutely we do. For nudists, nudity is NOT about sex. It is about enjoying life in the nude. For Christian nudists, it's about enjoying life as God created us ("And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed."), that is, in His likeness and in His image, and without clothes.

E

eternally-gratefull

Since you asked for only a SINGLE example of Biblical nudism, here is one... John 21.7: "That disciple whom Jesus loved therefore said to Peter, 'It is the LORD!' When Simon Peter heard that it was the LORD, he put on his outer garment, for he was STRIPPED for work, and threw himself into the sea."
If nudism was ok, Peter would have been fine when Jesus came, He would nothave to RUSH to put clothes on, And he would not have to Jump in the ocean to hide.

Peter was in a ship. Out to sea. With all men. Fishing. he was hot. So he took his garment off 9they did not have underwear in the day) but even then!!

Jesus came and Peter got scared. BECAUSE HE KNEW IT WAS WRONG.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Don't do this in public? By 'this' I'm assuming u mean go nude around other people. If that's what you mean, absolutely we do. For nudists, nudity is NOT about sex. It is about enjoying life in the nude. For Christian nudists, it's about enjoying life as God created us ("And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed."), that is, in His likeness and in His image, and without clothes.
So you go outside in public like that?

Sorry.... Thats not biblical you are in serious error.

Adam and Eve were given a garment by God after the fall. And the Bible exhorts women and men both to MODEST APPAREL. not to NO APPAREL

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
If nudism was ok, Peter would have been fine when Jesus came, He would nothave to RUSH to put clothes on, And he would not have to Jump in the ocean to hide.

Peter was in a ship. Out to sea. With all men. Fishing. he was hot. So he took his garment off 9they did not have underwear in the day) but even then!!

Jesus came and Peter got scared. BECAUSE HE KNEW IT WAS WRONG.
Peter got "scared"? He had to "rush"? He had to "jump in the ocean to hide"? Really? How in the world do you know his reaction was fear? Obviously, he was comfortable being naked, since that was a normal state of being for him and his cohorts. He would not be afraid to be naked. For you to say that he was, just does not make sense.

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
So you go outside in public like that?

Sorry.... Thats not biblical you are in serious error.

Adam and Eve were given a garment by God after the fall. And the Bible exhorts women and men both to MODEST APPAREL. not to NO APPAREL
Yes, I do go outside in public places where it is allowed, in the nude. I believe that it is biblical and not an error. The wonderful thing is, there will be one day, hopefully soon, when we will all be enlightened about the Truth. If I am wrong, so be it. If you are wrong, so be it. Main thing is that I live according to my understanding and my convictions. As all Christians should do. Some people believe that speaking in tongues is an unintelligible yet heavenly language and some believe it's just gibberish. We are not condemned one way or the other but, as I say, one day we will know the Truth about that also.

E

eternally-gratefull

Peter got "scared"? He had to "rush"? He had to "jump in the ocean to hide"? Really? How in the world do you know his reaction was fear? Obviously, he was comfortable being naked, since that was a normal state of being for him and his cohorts. He would not be afraid to be naked. For you to say that he was, just does not make sense.
Yeah He just rushed t get dressed. Then jumped in the water with his clothes on for nothing.

Thanks for the laugh..

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
Yeah He just rushed t get dressed. Then jumped in the water with his clothes on for nothing.

Thanks for the laugh..
I believe he got dressed so that he could jump in to the water and swim to Jesus. Have you tried to swim while carrying clothes? Not an easy thing to do. If he did indeed 'rush', which I don't read in my version of the Bible, I believe it was because he was eager to get to his Lord, not because he was embarrassed about being naked.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm a blood bought spirit filled child of the Living God. I am also a naturist now I am in predicament what is the Bible's stance on naturism?
You created this Screen Name in May of 2014, and you are just now activating it?

May I ask what your other Screen Name(s) is/are?

This is becoming routine here on CC. Screen Names long dormant suddenly being REBORN........... :)

One has to wonder why?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Oh, I SEE..............never mind............someone resurrected a zombie thread..............

How in the world do you guys find these things from 4 1/2 years ago?

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
You created this Screen Name in May of 2014, and you are just now activating it?

May I ask what your other Screen Name(s) is/are?

This is becoming routine here on CC. Screen Names long dormant suddenly being REBORN........... :)

One has to wonder why?
For me, long dormant now reborn on here, is because I had forgotten that I had created a profile on the site but I received an email message today that reminded me that I did. So, have come to explore it again.