NBA Superstar Kobe Bryant Dead at 41 in Helicopter Crash

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Such a tragic accident. :cry: Praying for his family.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Helicopter crash. How very very sad.:cry: God have mercy on all five of the passengers who perished. And give strength and comfort to all who grieve this untimely loss. Amen.

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
Tragic. Praying for his family and the families of the others on board.

Not too far from me. Sounds like fog was the cause. I can testify, in San Diego we've had a marine layer all day here.

K

Kim82

Sad... So very sad... Yes we have to pray for his family and friends

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Kobe's 13 year old daughter was on the flight with him. :cry:
:cry: There were 9 victims in all. Reports say that the VIP transport Sikorsky S-76B helicopter was flying low due to fog and visibility was poor. All aboard were going to Kobe's 13 year old daughters basketball game when the crash occurred.
Here are the victims.
These seven plus Kobe and his daughter Gianna make 9 souls lost far too soon for those who love and miss them deeply. God have mercy.
USA Today Article & Video Reporting

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yes, it is tragic that he was killed. However, even more tragic was the death of his daughter. Her life was just beginning. And, not to be mean, but the deaths of the other seven people were every bit as tragic as Kobe's.

Anyone here think the News and Sports Media will pay as much attention to them? Will they spend hours documenting the lives of the others?

To be honest, the saddest part of this is that there are more people mourning Kobe's death than mourned the crucifixion of Christ.

just saying

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Eight people dead:

SCOTTSBORO, Ala. - Emergency crews were called to a deadly fire at the Jackson County Park in Scottsboro.

Crews were called to the park around 12:40 a.m. Authorities told WHNT News 19 B-Dock was destroyed.

The fire started on the shore side of the dock, creating problems for the fire crews and people trying to escape.

In a news conference, Scottsboro Fire Chief Gene Necklaus said eight people were killed. Seven people were taken to Highlands Medical Center, treated, and released. 35 boats were destroyed.

(story here)

8 dead after fire at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro | WHNT.com

This tragedy is every bit as horrible as Kobe's death...........and how many more around the Country/World? Will they receive the same coverage?

James 2:8) If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9) But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Acts 10:34) Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35) But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Not being callous, simply saying that the Media truly overdoes these kind of things, while ignoring the murder of sixty million plus babies, and the tragic death of peoples around the Country and World.

Praying for Kobe's family, especially because of his daughters death, and praying for all the families of the other seven. Praying for all families who suffer the loss of loved ones because of man made or natural disasters, or because of the acts of evil people.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Kobe was just a man in need of forgiveness and salvation- just like you and me ........

He was highly athletic which he was able to make a career from and connect with his daughter and bond a special father daughter relationship BUT, Kobe was a fallen man ....

he committed adultery against his wife and publicly apologized and made it right.

Was he pleasing in God’s sight.... only God knows the answer to that question.

In all the time and access to the public arena did he ever acknowledge or mention or lift up the Name of Yeshua/Jesus?

Aug 2, 2009
Very tragic. he was only 41. His daughter was still a child. I'm not a big basketball fan (not a sports fan), but the news here covered Kobe a lot since I live near LA and from what I've seen of him, he seemed a bit more humble than most celebrities, especially humbler than most athletes. And they are finding out now what a huge humanitarian he was. Apparently no one knew about that side of him. Yea he probably wasn't saved, but that's no surprise when it comes to star athletes (except for Tebo, but he's not really a star athlete). And the infidelity is probably very common among these star athletes too since they don't believe in God and a lot of women are attracted to them. He's not a saint. Never claimed to be, but it's still a tradegy.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Eight people dead:

SCOTTSBORO, Ala. - Emergency crews were called to a deadly fire at the Jackson County Park in Scottsboro.

Crews were called to the park around 12:40 a.m. Authorities told WHNT News 19 B-Dock was destroyed.

The fire started on the shore side of the dock, creating problems for the fire crews and people trying to escape.

In a news conference, Scottsboro Fire Chief Gene Necklaus said eight people were killed. Seven people were taken to Highlands Medical Center, treated, and released. 35 boats were destroyed.

(story here)

8 dead after fire at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro | WHNT.com

This tragedy is every bit as horrible as Kobe's death...........and how many more around the Country/World? Will they receive the same coverage?

James 2:8) If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9) But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Acts 10:34) Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35) But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Not being callous, simply saying that the Media truly overdoes these kind of things, while ignoring the murder of sixty million plus babies, and the tragic death of peoples around the Country and World.

Praying for Kobe's family, especially because of his daughters death, and praying for all the families of the other seven. Praying for all families who suffer the loss of loved ones because of man made or natural disasters, or because of the acts of evil people.
I also think how famous a person is, factors into what we hear. For instance, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died on the same day. She actually died first, but the ONLY death we heard about and was covered by the media, was MJ's.. Yes, Farrah's was covered but the majority of what we heard was about MJ, not Farrah. They were both equally famous well-known celebrities, yet Michael's death "eclipsed" Farrah's.

Aug 2, 2009
Turns out we might have assumed wrong about Kobe... I just read an article that says he and his daughter attended church on Sunday before they boarded the helicopter. People from his church community in Newport Beach said they saw him there with his family. Maybe they were saved after all.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Killed along with Kobe was his 13-year old daughter Gianna. What a tragic loss for his wife and family..

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Yes, it is tragic that he was killed. However, even more tragic was the death of his daughter. Her life was just beginning. And, not to be mean, but the deaths of the other seven people were every bit as tragic as Kobe's.

Anyone here think the News and Sports Media will pay as much attention to them? Will they spend hours documenting the lives of the others?

To be honest, the saddest part of this is that there are more people mourning Kobe's death than mourned the crucifixion of Christ.

just saying
1.) The media won't focus as much on the other people who died simply because people didn't connected to them in as much as they did with Kobe. If they did, the media would cover it to get higher ratings.

I was never a Kobe fan, or so I thought I wasn't. I always cheered against him only to see him hit the game winning shot against my team time and time again. I disliked Kobe because he was amazing. I've realized, after his death, that I am indeed a fan of Kobe. When you dislike someone for being so amazing at their craft, you're a "closet fan". It's the only way I can explain why this celebrity death has affected me the way no other celebrity death has in my lifetime.

2.) Of course there are more people mourning Kobe's death... the population has grown exponentially. Nevertheless, I don't see the point in bringing this up. The only purpose it has is to tear non-believers down for not accepting (and mourning) the Savior Jesus Christ. The goal is to get them to learn of and ultimately accept Jesus Christ... not necessarily "to mourn" Him.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I also think how famous a person is, factors into what we hear. For instance, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died on the same day. She actually died first, but the ONLY death we heard about and was covered by the media, was MJ's.. Yes, Farrah's was covered but the majority of what we heard was about MJ, not Farrah. They were both equally famous well-known celebrities, yet Michael's death "eclipsed" Farrah's.
Your last statement contrasts everything you said before it. The average Amish person probably knew who Michael Jackson was, where as they wouldn't have a clue as to who Farrah was. Understandably, the media would focus more on MJ. Their goal is to make money, so they have to go after stories viewers want to see.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
2.) Of course there are more people mourning Kobe's death... the population has grown exponentially. Nevertheless, I don't see the point in bringing this up. The only purpose it has is to tear non-believers down for not accepting (and mourning) the Savior Jesus Christ. The goal is to get them to learn of and ultimately accept Jesus Christ... not necessarily "to mourn" Him.
The reason for bringing it up is to show how people hold human beings in a much higher regard than they do Jesus Christ. As for non believers, I didn't make that distinction, you did.........sooooo

And, as I was pointing out the failure of the Media in such things, it certainly does reveal their true nature. Something all should know.