Near Death Experiences

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
wow, what a story

you saw him in a church rejoicing just few days before he died?
Yup. It was his last church service.

God chose him (he chooses us - John 15:16) and for whatever reason Benny was not yet saved before he died. He hadn't made it to a final destination yet, was just falling down a dark tunnel. God may have put him through that so he would repent and so he would be a strong witness to others. It's a powerful testimony and would lead others to Christ.

Important thing to realize is a person needs to get right with God before they die. There are no second chances if you die lost. In this incident it was not his time to die. If it were he would've gone straight to eternal darkness as a lost soul. A person should never wait until they die, hoping God will save them after death. We know after death comes judgment. The "cure" for cancer is offered now, not once you're dead.

The way God works is amazing. Aton Lavey was a famous satanist who was the founder of the church of Satan. Evangelists would visit him all the time, witnessing to him. Then when he was on his death bed he was shown hell and realized he was going there. Although satanists will deny his deathbed confession, a woman that was close to him at the time was apparently saved after hearing him screaming and crying for God to save him, as he was falling into flames. We will never know if he actually repented but it makes me wonder, as God chose to show him what was waiting for him, just before he actually died. If it actually happened then it would've been a powerful message to other satanists, but they deny it.

Last edited:
W

webchatter

It's been proven that hundreds of years ago, people were buried alive. Opened coffins revealed the scratches & messages written inside the coffin, & matter under the nails of the dead. Their technology back then was lacking. So it is also today.
We think we are so technologically advanced, that we know the exact moment of death, our machines prove they are dead. Well maybe that's not the case either.
Maybe these people having ndes never really died. Maybe their body & mind were so close to death that their spirit was stronger than their flesh, & they were able to percieve the important things of their true spiritual world.
In any case, it seems a miracle that they live today, after being so close to death.

Nov 26, 2012
Near death is not death, mind you.

tek

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Maybe these people having ndes never really died
The thing about NDE is that many NDE-experiencers talk about an out of body experience in which they accurately describe what was going on in operation room and elsewhere while they were unconscious. So it does look like their Spirit or Soul left the body. Here is one well documented case from UK for example
http://www.iands.es/bibliografia/Sartori_Fenwick.pdf

tek

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
NDE experience from Sandi R:
We were driving home from my grandmother's after a visit. It was a rainy afternoon. I was in the back seat with my two younger sisters. Two young men were racing and one lost control and hit our car head on. I remember hearing my mother yelling my father's name and then I lifted out of the car. I remember going through the car's roof and then being held in clouds of amazing color. The color was very brilliant, but was also very comforting. I could "see" and "feel" the color at the same time. It was as if I were being held in someone's arms. Like a baby is held. I knew God was there and someone else, but I was not for sure who the other "being" was. I have always assumed it was Jesus who was holding me. They were not in body form but was part of the cloud-like color. I felt absolutely no fear. Only peace and comfort. I then was back in the back seat of the car. Some time had elapsed, as there were police and EMT personnel helping my mother. Several people were around. The ambulance workers got us out of the car and took us to the hospital. I was checked last of all my family because I was the calmest. I had a broken collarbone but felt very little pain. I have never really been the same. I have no doubt about death. And have never been afraid of it.

tek

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
NDE from Rlonad

I unknowingly grabbed a 2300volt power cable. At that instant I was totally paralyzed. I had no control of my body. I couldn't
take a breath, nor remove my hand or even see. I don't know if my eyes were closed or open. Feeling the current run through my body was agonizing. I don't know how long this lasted. Sometime during this period I suddenly saw my cousin below me in the tree. He was very upset and screaming to me. This vision was extremely clear and confusing because I was facing away from him when I grabbed the wire. After that the pain stopped and everything went silent. I began drifting through this fog like darkness toward what seemed to be human forms ahead in the fog. I wasn't afraid because I thought they were somehow familiar to me. I traveled on into this fog into what seemed like an opening with a spot of light in the middle. Because of the length of time involved between this event and my recounting them the particulars may not be in the proper order. Yet everything that I recall is accurate as I know it.
I had my life flash quickly before me. As if I was watching a movie run very fast. I continued through what looked like a tunnel towards a light in the distance. As I approached the light it got brighter and I was enveloped in this unbelievable feeling of love and security. It's Impossible to describe
this feeling of contentment. All this time it was completely silent.
Then I was startled out of my ecstasy by a question that suddenly arrived in my mind. I didn't hear a voice yet it was as clear as if someone was standing before me. The question was "WHAT GOOD HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE". Being thirteen years old I had no idea it meant. I didn't respond maybe waiting for more information. Shortly the question appeared in my mind again. This time I
"said" I don't know what you mean. The next thing I knew I was floating in the universe amongst the stars. Suddenly amazed that I knew everything there was to know. Even reflecting to myself "so that's how it works". Then I woke up in my body thirty feet up draped across two branches facing the ground staring at the green grass thinking I was in heaven. At which time my earthly senses kicked in and I felt miserable.

tek

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
NDE from Marsh R
At some point, I was looking at my body from above as a nurse and a doctor stood by me. Behind them was a priest who was going to give me the last rites of death. At a corner was my husband, quietly weeping. Then I was suddenly in a tunnel that was very dark, but I continued forward because a voice, probably male was saying "come my child". I was not afraid, but apprehensive. I then stood in the light, but there was no walls floor or ceiling, The voice told me to come with him. I remembered suddenly that I had just had a baby, and I begged to be sent back because I was afraid of "who" would raise my baby. I remember telling the voice or being to come back for me when my daughter was grown and did not need me any longer. Suddenly, I was back to observing my body. The next moment the red hair nurse turned my face to my right, I vomited, and then woke up. Next I was in a hospital room. I asked for the red hair nurse so I could thank her and was told that I could not possibly have seen her because I had been unconscious and besides she had left to go on leave. I told my husband about all I had seen and heard and he told me never to repeat it because people would say I was insane. I have shared with maybe 3 people because it is very personal. It took about 3 years to fully recover from the stroke.