Nebuchadnezzar - A Man of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 17, 2020
I don't understand what part of his testimony leads you to think itis superficial. At the fiery furnace, sure.
It was all based on eye sight (flesh belief that cannot save).

Jan 17, 2020
I don't understand what part of his testimony leads you to think itis superficial. At the fiery furnace, sure.
1) he would need to become a Jew. No record that I know of saying he did.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It was all based on eye sight (flesh belief that cannot save).
God powerfully causing him to have understanding is about eyesight??

The LORD literally took away his very mind, and rebuilt it neuron by neuron.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That particular passage has always left me wondering. As far as I’m aware there isn’t really historical evidence of his actions as King after this revelation. Could it be he became one of the faithful? I really don’t know.
I rather think later Chaldeans would have erased such things from their history. An emperor going mad and then beginning to worship the God of one of the people they had enslaved isn't exactly something you want to carve on a monument..

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
[QUOTE="Aerials1978, post: 4163928, member: 292028"]Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.[/QUOTE]
This tells us that Nebuchadnezzar repented and believed on the one true God. Therefore he was justified by grace through faith. No man can call Jesus "Lord" except by the Spirit.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I rather think later Chaldeans would have erased such things from their history. An emperor going mad and then beginning to worship the God of one of the people they had enslaved isn't exactly something you want to carve on a monument..
True. The ancient world also had their forms of spin-doctors and censorship

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
True. The ancient world also had their forms of spin-doctors and censorship
archaeologists have found plenty of evidence of revisionist history in the whole mideast. carvings of people's names scratched out, statues faces broken off, erasing past rulers when new ones came to power. issuing new conflicting records. what remains for us to see of thousands of years past with which to piece together history is largely confined to the monumental, things difficult to deface, lasting, and the hidden things buried in tombs or by disaster, and so preserved - it wouldn't be a surprise to not have records of the 'righteous works' of this king to 'prove' to us that he has been saved. it's probable we wouldn't.

it is very significant, to me, that Daniel 4 is almost entirely written not by Daniel, but by Nebuchadnezzar. how many chapters of scripture are written by unbelievers? by the unredeemed? this is the edict of a king whom God showed great things, whom He chastised severely - yet not leading to death. doesn't He chastise sons?

and God put this in His word. why is this in Daniel? as an example of lip service? or as an example of His great love and mercy, to redeem even an ungodly, vain, heathen Gentile emperor such as this? the Bible is testimony of the person of God and His work of salvation as Messiah. ultimately, that's why Daniel 4 exists, IMO - it teaches us Christ. so we ought to look at it that way, looking for it speaking of Him, and that's how we rightly divide.
i can see Him in
Nebuchadnezzar being redeemed. so my opinion is that he is - if no one had guessed by now lol. to convince me that he isn't, one should show me Christ in Nebuchadnezzar being damned.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
It sure looks to me like King Nebuchadnezzar repented :)
Not only did he repent, but he also gave testimony to the one true God.

Gives support for this Song's Lyrics:
"But there's no distance too far, that I can't reach you
There's no place that's so dark , that I can't find you
Anywhere that you are, if you need proof
Take a look at these scars, and know I love you
Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter what you've done
you were never, you were never, never too far gone!"

Jan 17, 2020
God powerfully causing him to have understanding is about eyesight??

The LORD literally took away his very mind, and rebuilt it neuron by neuron.
Sight faith is of the flesh and cannot save. Biblical faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.