Need advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mariapho

Feb 21, 2018
Hello brothers and sisters. I need some advice about my son. He started doing bicycle training and he likes it a lot. But since then, I continually hear about accidents with bicycles and everytime he goes I am so afraid for him. My husband was a cyclist also for many years and he encourages him a lot. I want to do the same but fear stops me.
What must I do? I pray everytime he goes and surrender him to God. Is this the right way? I don't trust and believe God enough? Maybe God wants to learn me faith and trust?

Shc

Jul 12, 2017
Hello brothers and sisters. I need some advice about my son. He started doing bicycle training and he likes it a lot. But since then, I continually hear about accidents with bicycles and everytime he goes I am so afraid for him. My husband was a cyclist also for many years and he encourages him a lot. I want to do the same but fear stops me.
What must I do? I pray everytime he goes and surrender him to God. Is this the right way? I don't trust and believe God enough? Maybe God wants to learn me faith and trust?
This not an advice...but something I do when I find myself in similar situations.
I pray and surrender everything to God.

Hope that helps.

D

Depleted

Welcome to CC.

I was perplexed by your question, until I read your other posts. Putting the picture together with so few posts isn't such a good idea either, but It looks like you're developing a pattern of overwhelming fear. And I really do mean it's developing, not that you've always been like this. And I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was started by something you're supposed to be overwhelmed with, but now it's beginning to effect other parts of your life.

Get counseling. I suspect this is just starting, so a qualified counselor will be able to help you get grounded again.

Life can be overwhelmingly frightening, but you child riding a bike shouldn't be getting you this afraid.

A

Ariel82

Praying is good. Admit to God you are afraid and ask Him for help?

Maybe talk to your husband about your fears and have him pray with you?

I get scared too with my son and his wrestling but we have faith.

I have found friends who remind me that look at all the people who wrestle or ride bikes and never get hurt....sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't.

mariapho

Feb 21, 2018
You are right, I was not like this always. And this is not the only situation that I am afraid of. I do not want to speak with a counselor who is not christian, that's why I am writing here for advice. For me it is clear that these fears come from the enemy of my soul.

Welcome to CC.

I was perplexed by your question, until I read your other posts. Putting the picture together with so few posts isn't such a good idea either, but It looks like you're developing a pattern of overwhelming fear. And I really do mean it's developing, not that you've always been like this. And I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was started by something you're supposed to be overwhelmed with, but now it's beginning to effect other parts of your life.

Get counseling. I suspect this is just starting, so a qualified counselor will be able to help you get grounded again.

Life can be overwhelmingly frightening, but you child riding a bike shouldn't be getting you this afraid.

D

Depleted

You are right, I was not like this always. And this is not the only situation that I am afraid of. I do not want to speak with a counselor who is not christian, that's why I am writing here for advice. For me it is clear that these fears come from the enemy of my soul.
I don't blame you for that. Any counselor I went to that wasn't a Christian also wasn't worth going to. Find a Christian counselor. Counselors are trained to help.

The best you'll get on here is Dear Abby advice.

And, it may be clear to you that it is the enemy of your soul, but given that's not scriptural, and even that is causing you to focus on something other than God, what is clear to you isn't as clear as you think. After all, if you were thinking clearly why would you need a counselor?
:confused:

mariapho

Feb 21, 2018
I am not sure if I understood your last paragraph.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
First of all your concern for your sons saftey is normal, Especially if you have never done what he is doing.
If your husband is sure he won't get hurt and has experienced what your son is doing, then there really is nothing for
you to worry about. How ever, My advice to over come your fear is to step out of your comfort zone.

Ask your husband and son if they will take you out on their cycling adventures. You'll feel much better when you realize
that there is really nothing for you to worry about. Plus it will give you a chance to spend quality time with your family
that you may not get other wise. Or you might find out that you enjoy it and make it a regular family activity.

but one thing is for sure, nothing will change if you don't do anything.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.
When you go out with them you will see that they arn't in any real danger.
Then you can relax knowing that God is in control and keeping them safe when you arn't with them.

mariapho

Feb 21, 2018
Your idea is good but my son goes cycling with a coach and some more cyclists. Not with my husband

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You don't even wanna know the stuff we did as kids. That's how I KNOW God exists and loves me!

Seriously, it is waaaay better for him to be out riding bikes, skateboarding, even playing football, rather than sitting home and turning his brain to mush with video games.

Could he get hurt? Yup! And sorry to say, likely. That's all part of growing up. We have to pop every bubble we try and put our kids in, and let them experience life.
Be Blessed and relax. It's going to be ok.

mariapho

Feb 21, 2018
Thank you. You gave me comfort. I did not think it like that. Maybe this is a way for God to show him that He loves him and taking care of him.

D

Depleted

I am not sure if I understood your last paragraph.
You're fortifying your fears by focusing on "the enemy of my soul." No such person exist. There is God. There are demons. But to focus on demons by claiming "enemy of my soul" says you're looking for them, instead of focusing on God.

Won't take much to go from there into one of those folks who sees demons everywhere over everything. But if that's your focus, then God isn't your focus! In which case, demons win -- real or imagined.

That's where your clarity will lead you.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Ok here is my take you are blessed . Your son like something other than social media and video games!
Make sure he has a helmet, bicycle gloves , good shoes and proper fitting clothes. Pray for him and your family.
It is a rare thing that kids and their parents share a common interest theses days. Nurture this don’t worry about it .
Blessings
Bill