Need Christian Celtic music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm looking for any recommendations y'all have. Anything Irish or Scottish, that is Christian and modern. (Yes there IS such a thing as modern Irish and Scottish music...)

I have found Ric Blair's "Break The Walls" and Mark Robin's "Live from Belfast" but that's ALL I can find. Even Ric Blair's later albums don't have the same feel.

Something like that. Anybody know where I can find more of this?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well... it IS Irish, and technically it is about Christianity...

T

tstumf

These guys make some decent Celtic type music. Probably not traditional but the do include bagpipes and violins. I like their music.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, that's what I found too.

What I'm looking for is original Christian songs in a Celtic style.

T

tstumf

Heard a song or two from this artist over the Holliday and it made me think of your conversation on here a a while back. Check out Kieth and Kristyn Gettys’ music. Very Celtic and they do sing hymns like “be thou my vision “

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Phil keaggy does a fair amount of celtic music. I'm not a fan, so have to judge for yourself.

My understanding is Beyond Nature and Sketches albums includes celtic inspired instrumentals.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Phil keaggy does a fair amount of celtic music. I'm not a fan, so have to judge for yourself.

My understanding is Beyond Nature and Sketches albums includes celtic inspired instrumentals.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what I wanted...

Yet...

I'm not a fan either. The sound is exactly what I'm looking for, but it feels like he's singing other people's songs without understanding what they mean. (Did that make any sense?) :unsure:

Thank you much, though. That is just the style I'm looking for.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Yes, this is EXACTLY what I wanted...

Yet...

I'm not a fan either. The sound is exactly what I'm looking for, but it feels like he's singing other people's songs without understanding what they mean. (Did that make any sense?) :unsure:

Thank you much, though. That is just the style I'm looking for.
Yes, that makes sense. Phil wrote the music, but he didn't write the lyrics (he usually writes his own lyrics). Beneath The Blood-Stained Lintel was written by a preacher/theologian/hymnist Harry A. Ironside who died in 1951. And Above All Things was written by early church father/theologian St. John Crystostom who also wrote some liturgies and died in 407AD and didn't write in English. So... lol I'm not sure how Phil adopted the writings to the music, but I guess that would explain why the lyrics or vocal performance isn't so cohesive and smooth. I would assume Phil understands what he's singing, he's no theological slouch, but I know what you mean.

So what are you using this for? Making a radio show?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So what are you using this for? Making a radio show?
My aunt likes celtic music. There is not much to choose from in Christian celtic music, and most of that is best described as warmed over hymns.