Need help badly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 15, 2018
I’ve been suffering from severe depression and anxiety and OCD for the last two months. It’s gotten much worse in the last few weeks and I don’t see any hope or any end to it. It’s turned into horrible panic attacks that lasts all day. I’ve reached out for help and no one seems to want to help me. My family has basically abandoned me and won’t help me. I feel so alone and afraid. I have no one. I have prayed and prayed and begged God to help me and deliver me but all my prayers fall on deaf ears. It doesn’t look like God is going to deliver me. I really thought God had a good plan for my life but I really don’t think so anymore. I am at the point where I really just want to end my life. I know I shouldn’t but I’m in so much pain and I just can’t handle it anymore. There’s just no hope or end in sight. But I’m too afraid, I don’t know if I will go to Heaven. Please please please pray for me. I don’t know what to do anymore!

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Davideus85, I'm very sorry to hear how much you are suffering right now :(, and I wanted you to know that I am praying for you (and to advise you to continue to wait on the Lord to see you through this difficult time).

Have you contacted your doctor and your pastor yet :unsure: If not, I would do so today!! (your doctor for obvious reasons, and your pastor for his godly counsel and help, and to let him know how he can be praying for you, specifically).

Praying for you (as I said above).

God bless you! (Isaiah 40:31, 41:10)

~Deut

Sunrise and Mountains - Lam_3.22-23.jpg

Jun 14, 2021
@Davideus85 I will be praying for you. I hope you get better, and stay strong. no matter how distant you feel from God just know that he is right there with you. Cry out to him when you are low, because he is the most qualified.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
David, I am not sure what I am going to say right now...I actually don't know...I am sorry for what you have been through and for your pain right now...I wish I can give you a hug right now...just maybe to let you know that someone over here cares for you as my brother in Christ...

When my younger brother was depressed it broke my heart because I really didnt know what to say and how can i help him... Right now i feel the same...but I just want to let you know that I will be praying for you David 🙁

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
I’ve been suffering from severe depression and anxiety and OCD for the last two months. It’s gotten much worse in the last few weeks and I don’t see any hope or any end to it. It’s turned into horrible panic attacks that lasts all day. I’ve reached out for help and no one seems to want to help me. My family has basically abandoned me and won’t help me. I feel so alone and afraid. I have no one. I have prayed and prayed and begged God to help me and deliver me but all my prayers fall on deaf ears. It doesn’t look like God is going to deliver me. I really thought God had a good plan for my life but I really don’t think so anymore. I am at the point where I really just want to end my life. I know I shouldn’t but I’m in so much pain and I just can’t handle it anymore. There’s just no hope or end in sight. But I’m too afraid, I don’t know if I will go to Heaven. Please please please pray for me. I don’t know what to do anymore!
Hi david your not alone your doing the right thing by calling out for help. what you need to do is try to find something to do that will keep your mind occupied all day.
You should also tell your doctor how your feeling. because he may be able to give you a tablet to help you.
Me personaly i sing alot as it allways helps me better.
I can rememeber being like you and i really didnt feal like singing but trust me if you push through it you soon feel better. God loves it when we sing.
David God accepts everyone who call to him.
Jesus died for our sins and you only have to believe he is the son of God to be saved.

Praying for you dave. prayer-for-protection.jpg

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Depression is the result of hopelessness and fear. I am prone to it myself. Satan hates Christians and tries to rob us of the joy of our salvation. If he can steal our joy, we become weak - "the joy of the Lord is our strength".

How do we overcome? First, getting back to basics. How were you saved in the first place? By feelings? No, you accepted Christ, you accepted what He did for you on the cross of Calvary, you trusted in His shed blood to cleanse you from sin. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. The blood of the Lamb and our testimony puts Satan back in his place. (Revelation 12). Our testimony is that we are forgiven and there is nothing that Satan can rightly accuse us of to God.

As we start to confess our sin and get clean, fellowship is restored with God. If you are born again, your relationship is fixed and cannot be undone. As we start to declare the salvation that God has bought for us with the cost of His Son's life, the truth will begin to set us free. Don't give up until the fog lifts. And that is all it is, like fog. There is no substance to fog. It is easily blown away.

I suggest that you read Romans 8, as often as it takes to be refreshed and encouraged. If anyone had a right to be depressed it was Paul. He refused to give into it. God revealed His truth to Paul so that we also may be blessed.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Davideus85, your words have been heard. I am curious of the time period on your profile,
joined in 2018, and only showing the one post you have entered requesting prayers.
Please enlighten us somewhat on want has occurred from then to the present. Most often
a loss of someone or a traumatic event brings cause of emotional depression and anxiety.
If so, these circumstances have to be confronted, and dealt with accordingly.
Random advise may be meant well, but wise advise is a deeper commitment with God as
a real life guiding inspiration to help us put forth a helpful prayer of love, hope and support.
I pray these words are closely considered that a friend may be closer than one may think."

- Copy - Copy - Copy (11) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Cop...jpg :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hi David.

I’m terribly sorry to hear of your troubles.

Depression is hard to describe to those that haven’t been in that pit. I can tell you it WILL get better.

But you identify a fairly specific time for when your depression started, or at least got bad.

What happened 2 month’s ago that may have triggered this?

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
I do agree depression really isnt understood by many just how seriouse it can be.
Its also worth pointing out that a chemical inbalances can occur in the mind for no apparent reason that can trigger depression.
Its worth going to the doctors when it becomes life threantening to the point where you want to take your own life, you really do need medical help.
Because a doctor can give you a tablet to balance a chemical inbalance.

when i was hit with depression i never went to anybody for help.
I had 2 searious attemps of suciside and all i did was make my self more ill.

I lost the will to live and took an overdose of tablets that would of killed most people. on the way to the hospital i suffered hyperthermia and afterwards i sufferd organ damage, most other people suffer the same as i did .
On another occasion i breathed in car fumes for 40 minutes it didnt work and i suffered brain damage afterwards. It was even more harder to cope with depression as a result of my body suffering ill health from two failed attempts of suciside.

It took my body 6 years to recover and i became more depressed in the heart. I now know which i didnt at the time it was the enemy that did this to me and whilst i was more ill from the two failed attempts the enemy caused me more affliction. some of my family was smythathectic but another member called me a loser. it was hard pill to swallow,
He may not have been right in what he said but i became determined to prove i wasnt a loser. I started to seek help from the doctors and finaly i got better,
Learning and fealing like i wanted to live again was hard and the pain in my heart was deep wounded because i really did want to end life
I have so many scars that i have carried my whole life and will to the day i die.

But we learn to live with our scars and one day we become strong enough to not let them cause to much pain in the future. Its worth holding on and not doing what i did because one day you will get better and also learn how to cope with uspet as and when it arrives. the doctor told me the mind hides trauma or hurt upset untill theres a chance you can deal with it.
In other words he was telling me just how fragile the mind and heart is.

David please let us know if your allright im really worried about you.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
David commiting suciside because you want to be with God in heaven means you really have lost the will to live. please listen david.
That was how the enemy decieved me, and then made me feal scared i wouldnt go to heaven.

David I dont know what has caused you to get this way and its ok if you dont want to share, but what ever it is you will get over it one day.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hey.
I've suffered depression for 30 years, anxiety for 15. Though I've not had OCD I have known those with it and saw the struggles it brought about.

Some things that help with anxiety and depression will seem as cliches as, but are actually the first line of defense.
Eat healthier.
Keep a consistent sleep routine, and sleep at night if possible.
Exercise.
These work by helping keep the body performing in a healthy manner. Exercise release endorphins, which can raise mood.
These may not stop them, but even easing some of the pressure is still a benefit.

Talk to a doctor and let them know. They can perform blood tests checking a variety of possible reasons for depression.
And see a professional. Even counselors can be good, and sometimes easier to talk to.

Granted OCD tends to drag anxiety and depression along with it, if there are other reasons for either, it can only help to find out.

OCD can be lessened, with the right help. The person I knew who had it went from having all the classic symptoms (compulsive hand washing, etc...) to lesser, and less frequent compulsions.

Ultimately educate yourself on these 3 issues and how they interact and affect people in general, and you specifically. I've found learning about depression and anxiety has been one if my biggest helps.

And if anyone says anything to make you feel any lesser for having these struggles, brush them off. I've found those that do this are also the most ignorant on the subject. So don't let them get to you.

Nov 15, 2018
Both sides of my family have abandoned me, suffering from intense depression anxiety and OCD that only is getting worse, I lack the finances to get the help I need ..... unless God does a miracle in my life I don't think I'm going to survive much longer. I don't think it's worth continuing on like this.

Nov 15, 2018
I only see things getting worse not better and I don't see any scenario where this works out for me and I simply can't continue existing this way long term. I just don’t have the strength to keep doing this forever. It’s too much. This has to end.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
I only see things getting worse not better and I don't see any scenario where this works out for me and I simply can't continue existing this way long term. I just don’t have the strength to keep doing this forever. It’s too much. This has to end.
iT doesnt have to end dave thats the enemy trying to kill you. The enemy is taking advantage of you becaue your suffering a high level of depression. I know dave ive been where you are.
I didnt have a place to go to either and i never knew the ways of the enemy.
You can get through this, We can get through this Together dave.

Please dont do it dave god does loves you, dont listen to those thoughts (i cant see a way out or i only see things getting worse), those thoughts are from the enemy wantng you to become hopless and in despair.

Your in despair dave we can pray together everyday. you can pray everyday to for others and join in and feal like your a part of a family. Your allways a part of a family with God dave. This is something that helps me.

Your life is important to God dave, dont forget that.

Have you tried some calming tea drinks like chamomile, you can youtube breathing exercises to relieve anxiety to.
Going out for a half an hour walk each day will help you to stand your ground dave.

Please keep coming back here dave,

Let us pray prayer-for-protection.jpg

L

listenyoumust

Friend this is what you can do ,once I suffered from the same and it took the hope that's certain in Jesus keep me moving forward . Family and friends tend to choose to help only when they notice God's hand in your life,don't get discouraged okay? first stop looking around comparing your journey so far with those of others , every believers walk in unique with God. your gift will create room for you it is written ..focus on Jesus , then you can be enlightened in him friend .i pray that you find peace in the lord now that is available .

Feb 26, 2021
That said, I have a couple of question @Davideus85 :
  1. Since when have you suffered from panic attacks?
  2. What other things trouble you in your life if there are any?
We fams are supposed to share (support) in the trouble of each other.

Feb 24, 2019
Hi David.

Lots of good advice in these posts.

I would say try to FORCE yourself to do stuff. (walk, drive, eat, TV, movie, video-game, something on your to do list, be kind to someone who needs it, go somewhere, ice-cream, chocolate, pizza, etc).

I have had times where I just can't see any way forward too, but there always is a way forward, its just when I'm in a dark place I can't see it. It seems a lot of Christians just have to go through dark places for their own good/growth.

These posts show there is a lot of love for you here.

I want to write some more but I have to go now, but I will post here again as soon as I am free later on today.

Hang in there brother. I love you.

Feb 26, 2021
Hi David.

Lots of good advice in these posts.

I would say try to FORCE yourself to do stuff. (walk, drive, eat, TV, movie, video-game, something on your to do list, be kind to someone who needs it, go somewhere, ice-cream, chocolate, pizza, etc).

I have had times where I just can't see any way forward too, but there always is a way forward, its just when I'm in a dark place I can't see it. It seems a lot of Christians just have to go through dark places for their own good/growth.

These posts show there is a lot of love for you here.

I want to write some more but I have to go now, but I will post here again as soon as I am free later on today.

Hang in there brother. I love you.
@Davideus85
I've had trouble dealing with depression as well. When depressed, trying to do stuff is kind of impossible though technically is not. In my case, I try to remove a burden off my back to make space for freedom in God. In my opinion, there is no depression that has no direct cause; there is always a trigger after a series of burdens accumulate and weigh on your back.

See, you have to free yourself if you are redeemed as God's child and not let yourself be subject to the string of death that all peoples of the earth are yoked to. This is why I asked him:
1. Since when have you suffered from panic attacks?
2. What other things trouble you in your life if there are any?