Need Hope

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lif807

Junior Member
Jul 5, 2013
0
0
0
Jesus admonished us to care for each other in the body of believers. I am at a place in my life where there seems to be great despair--depression, hopelessness. Yet I find the local church body to be uncaring at best, WORTHLESS at the worst! It seems this way online as well--is it just my perception? You can tell that I do need prayer!
 
I feel for you lif807 I too am going through a huge amount of depression at the minute and am trying really hard to seek comfort in God. My marriage is on the rocks and I feel like I'm loosing my best friend. I'm broken hearted. I have turned to my minister and his wife for comfort and while they can't do anything they have listened and I know they are praying. I know God answers prayer but in His own time. I'm praying for you and I ask God that you find the comfort and care that you need. It's difficult to understand why God lets things happen but He has promised that He won't send anything our way that we can't handle. I read a verse today psalm 91 v 14 & 15 and it gave me some comfort. Don't get me wrong I'm still struggling but keep crying out for help. God will send someone to support you. Xx
 
We are all on a journey through life. This journey at times can be difficult, depression can lead one to think that we are alone in the world, that others around us dont seem to have the worries and anxiety that we despair in....

This was how i felt only a few weeks ago, until I asked the Lord to take the burdens that where weighing me down. I went to sleep and woke in the morning having had the best sleep id had for a long time. My voice had been heard and answered.

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find"
 
Lainie;bt3292 said:
I feel for you lif807 I too am going through a huge amount of depression at the minute and am trying really hard to seek comfort in God. My marriage is on the rocks and I feel like I'm loosing my best friend. I'm broken hearted. I have turned to my minister and his wife for comfort and while they can't do anything they have listened and I know they are praying. I know God answers prayer but in His own time. I'm praying for you and I ask God that you find the comfort and care that you need. It's difficult to understand why God lets things happen but He has promised that He won't send anything our way that we can't handle. I read a verse today psalm 91 v 14 & 15 and it gave me some comfort. Don't get me wrong I'm still struggling but keep crying out for help. God will send someone to support you. Xx

Thanks for the kind words and prayers-- it is precious in Gods sight that we believers can exhort each other.
 
scottish;bt3296 said:
We are all on a journey through life. This journey at times can be difficult, depression can lead one to think that we are alone in the world, that others around us dont seem to have the worries and anxiety that we despair in....

This was how i felt only a few weeks ago, until I asked the Lord to take the burdens that where weighing me down. I went to sleep and woke in the morning having had the best sleep id had for a long time. My voice had been heard and answered.

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find"

Thanks for your words and prayers.
 
If I could be there, we could all meet in one place and share and help, but we can't except through cc.

Perhaps if I shared who I am and some of me? I am 88, and my family leaves me very much alone except for my daughter so for as much as two weeks at a time I see absolutely no one. My eyesight is 75% gone, so I cannot drive, and TV is impossible because of my hearing and so is phone conversations even with hearing aides. My body works poorly, so push it as much as I can it still is mostly what I don't do rather than what I do. I could go on and on about my isolation, but the point of it is that I am very happy. You can be, too.

The person you speak with more than anyone, even when you are in a group, is you. It is like a running tape in your head. The next person, closer to you than even a beloved husband, is the presence of the Holy Spirit. The HS needs scripture to contact you with so you can know its voice, but that is what is always closest to you, what is always there. There isn't the separation that is always present with other humans, no matter how close. You need only to recognize these two. Sometime "you" only want to talk to "you" about your hurts and gripes but that is being a bore and a drag. Tell it to talk about something of beauty or shut up. It is often imaginings anyway, just as well imagine something fun and nice.

If I want a human to listen to I go to books. Some of the most interesting people are there, anyway. I met a man on the net who spent eight years studying ancient people in the Holy Land and goes through every verse in the Torah explaining how they saw it. Most interesting man I ever met and he introduced me to God the Father like I had never known Him before. I met Tolstoy as he talked about himself. There is a woman who was an orthodox Jew and met Jesus and she tells what it is like. There is a man who worked with cells and found they can change with environment so went on to see how our brain cells can change. Not your ordinary comparatively dull humans you meet.

So the man down the street hit another man over the head with a pipe. My kitchen floor needs washing and I just can't do it. I think that stasis ulcer is coming back. Kathy is crying every day, grieving for her husband who is gone, now. And whatever can I do about Mary? So I do the best I can, ask God to help, and bless the Lord for beauty in the world He lets me live in.
 
I wish I could be there for you. The Holy Spirit must have sent you by to comment on my post because being aware of your faith bolsters mine and reminds me that God is in control. May God bless you for your diligence, faith, and kind words. You are in my prayers.

James
 
Dear Need hope - it may feel like you are alone, but that is not true. God is with you and I want to pray with you. I know how you feel, I have been there. I decided to get better and not bitter about and now I claim the promises of God and He is working with me and I am seeing His hand. He said put your faith in Me your God for vain is the help of man. Father in Jesus name put your loving arms around her and let her feel your love, amen. If you want to email me [email protected] God loves you and you are very special to Him. Trust Him, He will never let you down. Look back the times He has rescued you from so much in the past. God bless and remember you are not alone.