Need prayer and healing, relationship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

William36

Dec 14, 2020
I was told to create a post for discussion. This is my issue, I fell in love with a woman that I thought God put in my life to marry. At first she was so compassionate, giving, loyal. I slowly over a year and a half got to know her sisters, her mom, her niece and nephews, but there was no commitment on her part towards me. Her one sister reminds me of the sister i grew up with, same sense of humor. Her mom reminds me of my mom, she even knits afgans like my mom does. All the signs seem to point to God put us together.

But there are some issues, like for one, she hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior yet. She grew up a Jahova's Witness, but she did tell me she won't go back to that, she would rather go to a Church. Another issue is her ex b'f is stalking her, and physically abusing her (which she has had in her previous relationships as well.). This guy also sucker punched me one day as I visited her mom's apartment. Another issue I have is there are other guys sniffing around her, and causing problems at my place of employment, coming in and taunting me about it. We have started to grow distant from one another. All this stress is affecting me. I feel heart broken all the time.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. Everytime I pray the blood of Jesus, she shows up. I have asked the Lord for help, but sometimes i feel I'm in the middle of a war zone. Help!

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
1.5 yrs ? No commitment? Sucker punched? Dudes taunting you?

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Hi William,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your heart and situation with us.
Sorry that you're going through a difficult time. It does sound like a tricky situation.

I will let the others give you practical advice (if they so wish), but for my part I want to encourage you to keep praying and asking the Father to let His will be done in this situation, no matter what the outcome is. Feelings can really blind us. I can't tell you if you're meant to be with that lady or not, only God knows. But what I can tell you, is that He will lead you, and He will answer you, if you keep seeking Him and His will above all else.

It may take some time, but eventually you will know.

However I will add that if you don't have peace from the Lord about her/your relationship, this may be a sign that the Lord is calling you out of it. But as I said, only He knows, and only you can truly know, by revelation of the Holy Spirit.

The Scriptures tell us not to be unequally yoked (2 Cor 6:14), which is the case here, but I've heard of stories where it eventually worked out (though very rare). So I am not going to tell you to simply give up, but rather to keep praying fervently and seeking the Lord.

He will answer you! Do not let this situation trouble you. Just trust in Him and in His ability to help you.

And whatever the answer, know that it is for the best. He is a good Father, He knows what you need, and He will lead you.

Please keep us updated. I will pray for you.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I was told to create a post for discussion. This is my issue, I fell in love with a woman that I thought God put in my life to marry. At first she was so compassionate, giving, loyal. I slowly over a year and a half got to know her sisters, her mom, her niece and nephews, but there was no commitment on her part towards me. Her one sister reminds me of the sister i grew up with, same sense of humor. Her mom reminds me of my mom, she even knits afgans like my mom does. All the signs seem to point to God put us together.

But there are some issues, like for one, she hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior yet. She grew up a Jahova's Witness, but she did tell me she won't go back to that, she would rather go to a Church. Another issue is her ex b'f is stalking her, and physically abusing her (which she has had in her previous relationships as well.). This guy also sucker punched me one day as I visited her mom's apartment. Another issue I have is there are other guys sniffing around her, and causing problems at my place of employment, coming in and taunting me about it. We have started to grow distant from one another. All this stress is affecting me. I feel heart broken all the time.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. Everytime I pray the blood of Jesus, she shows up. I have asked the Lord for help, but sometimes i feel I'm in the middle of a war zone. Help!
Here are some of my thoughts upon reading this:

You're spending an awful lot of time with this gal's family for there being "no commitment" on her part toward you.

She grew up JW. How many of her family members are still JW? Are they trying to get her "back in the fold"?

I'm always skeptical about any claims that amount to: I know everyone says it's unwise and it may go against God's general commands but I believe that my case is special because God told me so. And this definitely applies to considering marriage to an unbeliever. I would say you need some pretty definitive evidence for such a position or else your fooling yourself. Everything seems to be working well and I have a good feeling about it or even multiple coincidences that aren't completely inexplicable (such as we both like pizza and the same kind of music and came from similar backgrounds) are not definitive and not proof of any special divine activity.

She has a history of being in abusive relationships. What's she doing about it? What is she trying to do about the ex who is stalking her ? For that matter what is he doing at her mom's apartment when you are visiting that he had the opportunity to punch you? What does she say about all the attention she is getting from other men? For that matter what does she say about the status of her relationship with you?

Sounds like it is high time you have a serious DTR (define the relationship) talk. But it really doesn't sound like she's in a very healthy place yet and that usually makes it difficult for a relationship to work out, no matter how committed the parties.

Only other advice I have is that you can't effectively fight for someone who keeps sabotaging their own best interests and good, no matter how much you love them.

Ok that's all I've got for now.

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Here are some of my thoughts upon reading this:

You're spending an awful lot of time with this gal's family for there being "no commitment" on her part toward you.

She grew up JW. How many of her family members are still JW? Are they trying to get her "back in the fold"?

I'm always skeptical about any claims that amount to: I know everyone says it's unwise and it may go against God's general commands but I believe that my case is special because God told me so. And this definitely applies to considering marriage to an unbeliever. I would say you need some pretty definitive evidence for such a position or else your fooling yourself. Everything seems to be working well and I have a good feeling about it or even multiple coincidences that aren't completely inexplicable (such as we both like pizza and the same kind of music and came from similar backgrounds) are not definitive and not proof of any special divine activity.

She has a history of being in abusive relationships. What's she doing about it? What is she trying to do about the ex who is stalking her ? For that matter what is he doing at her mom's apartment when you are visiting that he had the opportunity to punch you? What does she say about all the attention she is getting from other men? For that matter what does she say about the status of her relationship with you?

Sounds like it is high time you have a serious DTR (define the relationship) talk. But it really doesn't sound like she's in a very healthy place yet and that usually makes it difficult for a relationship to work out, no matter how committed the parties.

Only other advice I have is that you can't effectively fight for someone who keeps sabotaging their own best interests and good, no matter how much you love them.

Ok that's all I've got for now.
You said exactly what I was thinking but in a nicer way. 🙂

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Guys sniffing around her? did I read that right?

or did you mean 'dogs'.
I would be wary of JWs. She might not be a full member, but the cult has a way of seriously harassing anyone they think will make a good convert and contribute to their coffers.

They'll be knocking at your door soon enough. If. you've already been punched well...thats not good is it?

what does the Bible say about those who bring another gospel?
I think youve been distracted. If I can count the many times Ive read on this forum the same old story 'I feel in love and this was the one I thought God wanted me to marry' even though they are unbeliever well it would be a very high number.

Unbelievers of course all want to marry christians. But they dont really want to believe themselves. They just want the kudos of being married.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

Maybe you thought wrong?!?!

I don't have the answer for you, but sometimes we have to wait on the Lord, instead of falling for our own desires. This may or may not apply to you. Why would you date a J.W.?!?! Is the J.W. Faith inline with your faith, or whatever your girlfriend's faith is at the moment?

To be honest, I just wanted to post this song. I hope it blesses someone.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
If you are attentive to what God is trying to show you... you will see and know if the person is the one God has for you... He will show you that someone is not for you before it takes a turn for the worse.

She came from an abusive relationship i feel like she is still hurtIng and still healing from the pain his ex caused her. Maybe she is not ready yet emotionally... Second, there are guys sniffing around her(she entertains guys while she is with you? 3rd, is her faith and lastly, her lack of commitment... One thing i learned from my past relationships...if it is love coming from him/her it really feels like love...you will not wonder you will not be confused...

Letting go is a painful decision but you have to to give way the real one...

God bless you ❤

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
This sounds like an all around toxic situation. I would walk away(better yet run) from her.
Be sure to have the support of other Christians and a pastor, if possible.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I believe equally yoked is the most important thing to look for. I would end it and seek some support.