Need prayer & help for bronchitis & sore throat (plus what to do besides using medication)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 16, 2018
I have bronchitis & sore throat. Part of the cause of sore throat is acid reflux. I,taking my prescriptions but sometimes I issues with when to take them. Also,is there anything I should use or do beside taking my prescriptions for the above? Thank you.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @mathewbailey08, I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad :( As for what to do, if you are taking antibiotics for your bronchitis, prescription antacids (like Nexium) for your acid reflux, and aspirin or Ibuprofen + Tylenol for your sore throat, I wouldn't take anything else (like an herbal remedy) right now. You could gargle with warm salt water and use a throat spray and lozenges (as well a humidifier at night to make breathing easier).

Praying......

~Deut
p.s. - I have found Echinacea (liquid, or pills or tea) to be very beneficial for preventing illnesses, and for recovering from them too (after the prescription meds are done), as it ups your immune system defenses (it's an extract from the echinacea flower).

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we oray bless mathewbailey08's medical treatment and heal from sore throat and bronchitis. Lord please heal and bless mathewbailey08. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Jan 16, 2018
Thank you,We only have bottled water & a non-working water heater because of Hurricane Harvey, & no running water because of a screwup by our city that has resulted in a $1200 water bill. These people, Lord Jesus,recommended warm water,but because of the above,we can only use a microwave to warm water.