Need prayer please!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wade1989

Nov 4, 2016
The past couple of weeks I seemed to have gotten so far away from God. I’m going through the motions of what we should do as Christians, and have allowed myself to fall back into some bad habits. I also suffer from anxiety, and right now it is eating me alive . My mind is racing, and I question my salvation, based on some of the decisions I’ve made. I want to grow in Christ, it’s just super hard when none of your closest friends are Christians. So easy to fall back into old habits when you associate yourself with them. I feel lost, I feel hopeless, I need God , and I want him to be #1 in my life. I think about how bad I’ve let him down the past eeek or so. I’ve repented , and plan on living the life God has for me, not the world . Anyone who could life me up in prayer I surely would appreciate it. The devil has been ruling my life and it must stop. Thanks in advance.

haroldC

Apr 14, 2018
I feel you Wade!!!! I will pray for you !!!!!! I know what your going through !!!!! I'm doing the same. Keep Me Harold C in prayer too!!! GOD BLESS, WADE!!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
wade1989, Be encouraged & know that your Heavenly Father is a merciful, gracious, redemptive, loving Father, who loves you more then you ever know. He is able to pick you up out of the stain of sin & create in you a pure heart. The longing you feel deep within your spirit to want things "right" between you & God is Him speaking His love to you. He wants your life whole, redeemed, forgiven & strong in Him. By reading your post, I can hear the desperate cry of your heart clearly, in wanting to be free from sins grip on your life, because sin does grieve the Lord, but that's what He died on the cross for us, so sin cannot keep us in bondage when we are covered by the blood of the Lamb.."Jesus Christ" My prayer for you, is that you will take a stand against your old way of life & be clothed with the newness of Life in Christ Jesus. The Christian walk isn't always easy, and its doesn't matter how long one has been serving the Lord, it will always be a "daily' surrendering of our lives to Him. The battle between the flesh & the spirit of God is real for all of us, which is why is so important to cloth yourself daily in the word of God. Surround yourself with other believers, & be part of a spirit filled church.
Psalms 51:10: Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11: Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12: Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.

Psalms 66:19 But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.

wade1989

Nov 4, 2016
I feel you Wade!!!! I will pray for you !!!!!! I know what your going through !!!!! I'm doing the same. Keep Me Harold C in prayer too!!! GOD BLESS, WADE!!

Just lifted you up in prayer Harold! God bless, let’s get through this, by repenting and turning to God!

wade1989

Nov 4, 2016
wade1989, Be encouraged & know that your Heavenly Father is a merciful, gracious, redemptive, loving Father, who loves you more then you ever know. He is able to pick you up out of the stain of sin & create in you a pure heart. The longing you feel deep within your spirit to want things "right" between you & God is Him speaking His love to you. He wants your life whole, redeemed, forgiven & strong in Him. By reading your post, I can hear the desperate cry of your heart clearly, in wanting to be free from sins grip on your life, because sin does grieve the Lord, but that's what He died on the cross for us, so sin cannot keep us in bondage when we are covered by the blood of the Lamb.."Jesus Christ" My prayer for you, is that you will take a stand against your old way of life & be clothed with the newness of Life in Christ Jesus. The Christian walk isn't always easy, and its doesn't matter how long one has been serving the Lord, it will always be a "daily' surrendering of our lives to Him. The battle between the flesh & the spirit of God is real for all of us, which is why is so important to cloth yourself daily in the word of God. Surround yourself with other believers, & be part of a spirit filled church.
Psalms 51:10: Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11: Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12: Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.

Psalms 66:19 But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.

Thank you you for the kind words! Thank you for the prayer. The desperate cry in my post is sincere! I’m so sick of the false happiness that this world provides . I just want TRUE happiness through the one who died for my sins, but the devil blinds me day in and day out, and I fall into traps. My bible study and prayer must get stronger. I will not let the enemy win again!

God bless you!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless wade1989 and this prayer. Let wade1989 have a good relationship with you, and you be glorified in his life. Lord bless wade1989, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

J

JB2018

The past couple of weeks I seemed to have gotten so far away from God. I’m going through the motions of what we should do as Christians, and have allowed myself to fall back into some bad habits. I also suffer from anxiety, and right now it is eating me alive . My mind is racing, and I question my salvation, based on some of the decisions I’ve made. I want to grow in Christ, it’s just super hard when none of your closest friends are Christians. So easy to fall back into old habits when you associate yourself with them. I feel lost, I feel hopeless, I need God , and I want him to be #1 in my life. I think about how bad I’ve let him down the past eeek or so. I’ve repented , and plan on living the life God has for me, not the world . Anyone who could life me up in prayer I surely would appreciate it. The devil has been ruling my life and it must stop. Thanks in advance.

Renounce every contract that you made with the spirit of fear. You might have allowed it into your life through your behavior and even through how you speak. When it comes to the spirit of fear, treat it as a person. Address it face to face. God has not given us the spirit of fear but of love, power, and a sound mind. And, God still loves you no matter how bad you may have slipped. Just surrender your life to him wholeheartedly. Pursue him relentlessly. And another thing, it's always best to surround yourself with those who are in Christ (spirit filled believers). Those are the best people to surround yourself with.....You just continue to hold on. Whatever is above you is already under God's feet.

Mar 28, 2018
Wade1989. if you have confessed your sins and asked the Lord into your heart then you are saved.
Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Being a Christian is a daily walk and we do our best to not sin. When we sin and repent we are forgiven and God remembers our sin no more. I pray that you find comfort in God's word and you are healed from anxiety. Have you thought about finding a bible based local church? This way you can begin to make friends with other Christians that want to follow God as you do. Surrounding yourself with other Christians will help you have accountability for your actions and it will help you grow in your relationship with God. We are not perfect and fall short at times. During these times we can repent and God still loves us. We want to try our best to reduce the times that we fall short. Again it's a daily walk. God hears your prayer and your heart's desire. Try focusing more on God and the devil will flee. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. You are on the right track. Praying for you.

wade1989

Nov 4, 2016
Wade1989. if you have confessed your sins and asked the Lord into your heart then you are saved.
Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Being a Christian is a daily walk and we do our best to not sin. When we sin and repent we are forgiven and God remembers our sin no more. I pray that you find comfort in God's word and you are healed from anxiety. Have you thought about finding a bible based local church? This way you can begin to make friends with other Christians that want to follow God as you do. Surrounding yourself with other Christians will help you have accountability for your actions and it will help you grow in your relationship with God. We are not perfect and fall short at times. During these times we can repent and God still loves us. We want to try our best to reduce the times that we fall short. Again it's a daily walk. God hears your prayer and your heart's desire. Try focusing more on God and the devil will flee. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. You are on the right track. Praying for you.

Thanks for the reply, and prayers! Lately is just hard for me to believe God would forgive me for some of the things in my past. I’ve repented, and found myself doing some of the same things days later. We all have our struggles, I just have really beaten myself up for falling over and over the past few weeks, and months. I currently attend church, and me and a few other guys get together every Tuesday at 6:30 for about a 2 hour Bible study and worship. Turns out most of the guys in there are married, have kids, and really aren’t my age. I joined the group hoping to find someone I could hang out with, go to church with, and just hold each other accountable for our actions, but it hasn’t played out like that. Gods got a plan for me, I’ve had a much better day today. I’ve stayed in his word and actually started a new book by Jimmy Evans which I’m loving so far. Just have to keep pushing, things will work out In Gods timing, I believe that. Now if I could just get some sleep ������. Been in bed for 3 hours and haven’t even dozed off yet! So frustrating.

God Bless

Last edited:

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Wade, calm down and be still.

The very moment you placed your trust in Jesus by believing He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose again on the third day to pay for your personal sins, you were saved completely, utterly, wholly, totally, fully.

You cannot lose your salvation because it is entirely a gift of God.

Demons want you to doubt that, so that you will be ineffective as a Christian. They know that if doubt your own salvation how could you possibly share the gospel and give assurance to anyone else?

It's an old tactic and very effective for sidelining Christians.

The Bible says your are held in God the Father's hands, and the hands of Jesus. Nothing in all of creation (including you) can pluck you out. Your salvation isn't based on what you have done, or will ever do, it's based on what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

All of your sins - past, present, and future have been paid for, forgiven, and washed away. This allows us to serve God, not out of fear or obligation, but out of love for the tremendous gift He has given us.

Remember, you are protected, watched over, guided, and loved by the One who created the entire universe. Your life is in His hands - not in the hands of any demon wishing to shipwreck your faith.

Be encouraged, be strengthened, and be bold.

Praying for you.

Sep 19, 2017
Dear Friend you have had some amazing prayers prayed over you. Im not a great pray'er and not an overly smart man, but what i do have to offer is im the guy that has done everything wrong in the christian life so hopefully you can learn from my experience and not have to mess up like i did.

I love your fighting spirit, 'It must Stop' ! Good, your getting mad at the games satan is playing with you and you should be!!! I suspect he is very afraid that when (not if) God brings you through to victory, your going to be a warrior and will gain much ground from our enemy Satan !!!

You said that its hard when none of your friends are christians, ... I tried to do that as well,I dont know if this fits you but of course i myself justified it as I 'wanted to reach them for Christ', but in the case of a new christian, thats not what often happens. Instead by allowing ourselves to remain around them, they will slowly but almost surely drag us down until we learn to grow in our faith and have a group of Christian friends around us to support us. Im not suggesting that you forget those you love, but you must seriously consider being seperate from them while your learning to win the battles

Im sure you know these verses but ...
[FONT=&quot]2Co 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2Co 6:15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2Co 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2Co 6:17 Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

As for the trials you are going through, as James says ... dont think something weird is wrong, but welcome to the christian life, and when you have stood the test, You will be flooded with Joy and peace unspeakable! But remember the Teacher is always silent during the test :)

Im am praying for you my friend, please let us know how you get on, if you ever need to talk, please dont hesitate to shout out to me, id love to get to know you better :)[/FONT]

T

toinena

Heavenly Father. How you know this dear brother. You see how his anxiety is making his life difficult and he knows it is not from you. Thank you for this wisdom, Lord. Shower him with your love and peace, and reassure my brother how precious he is to you. Help him see his path following your Son, Jesus. Let him seek His face and be touched by your incredible love. I pray for healing and restoration in Jesus' name. Amen

PieceByPeace

Aug 9, 2017
I understand your struggles so well. I have also been plagued by anxiety and my own racing thoughts for a few years now because of decisions I have made that have had dire consequences, including the death of my father. When I began seeking the Lord I was on fire for Him and truly believed I wouldn't struggle with sin anymore. Circumstances in my life created temptations I couldn't resist and I found myself struggling with things I never thought I would struggle with again and I drowned myself in guilt and shame. During this time I was seeing a counselor who recommend I read the book "The Complete Green Letters" by Miles J. Stanford. This book revealed to me the reality of the Christian journey. It helped me to see that what I was experiencing in my life was in fact part of the process the Holy Spirit takes us on to get us to "Not I, But Christ." I pray you will find peace on your journey.

A

Ariel82

Going to pray that you make some good Christian friends to walk with you. Its easier if you have weekly meetings with a small group of believers to encourage you and keep you accountable. However finding a small group is hard at times. That's why I am going to place it in God's hands through prayer.

Dad, will you help him find brothers near him to lift him up in prayer and develop good habits that honor you. Thanks.