Needing pointed in the right direction.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
nah, that girl wants a protector, not a drill sergeant.
Oh no, Missgirlygirl and JICase_man are a perfect match. They will grow together like everything on a farm.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
-----------
SO, currently taking applications for a small farm wife. I'm not going to lie, the qualifications are pretty strict and are as follows....

Born again, hardcore believer.
No social media.
Tolerant of my fairly dark, and often times inappropriate humor.
Welcome to CC!

I'm pretty sure Christian Chat is social media, so anyone who responds to your ad, will be disqualified, not unless the qualifications are graded on a bell curve, or something.

"What is Social Media? Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and/or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks."

https://communications.tufts.edu/marketing-and-branding/social-media-overview/#:~:text=What is Social Media?,in virtual communities and networks.

If inappropriate humor is o.k., maybe just post some want ads on telephone poles in your neighborhood, that way you can be sure, your not setting up potential ladies that are marriage material, from being disqualified. You will also help insure a local lady, who is used to the culture, and doesn't have to leave everything, to risk a long term relationship. Maybe a local church might have some single ladies who fit what you want.

Best of luck!

Like my old friend said after he got married and had kids, it's your funeral.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Is this a case of great minds thinking alike? .:unsure:;):giggle:
I would generally agree, but Lynx was the first to point out the inconsistencies. Do we really want to be lumped together with the kitty?!?! :)

Happy Thanksgiving Magenta!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I would generally agree, but Lynx was the first to point out the inconsistencies. Do we really want to be lumped together with the kitty?!?! :)

Happy Thanksgiving Magenta!
Thank you, kinda! I was to have dinner with my daughter yesterday but she has come down with covid... again.

Still, there is always much to be grateful for
.:D. Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well!!!

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I don't know about ya'll but I'm on the prowl for a little tiny farm wife. Anybody know if the little critters eat that much?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
A cogent point, and a risk you would probably be better off not taking.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Thank you, kinda! I was to have dinner with my daughter yesterday but she has come down with covid... again.

Still, there is always much to be grateful for .:D. Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well!!!
Again? How many times can you get Covid? There should be a limit or something.

Yes, it's been a good year. God has blessed all of us for sure!

A cogent point, and a risk you would probably be better off not taking.
Lynx, I admit, you have some valid points. There I said it. lol

There is one fruitcake on here, I'm not so sure about though. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Again? How many times can you get Covid? There should be a limit or something.

Yes, it's been a good year. God has blessed all of us for sure!
One of my sisters has had covid at least three times... and then late last year, she had a terrible cough
that dogged her for months that she could not shake until she took prednisone, which is a pretty
serious drug. Anyways, I am not sure how many times it can be gotten. Then there are the long-
hauler symptoms can last anywhere from a few months to a year.

Glad to hear you've had a good year!

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
One of my sisters has had covid at least three times... and then late last year, she had a terrible cough
that dogged her for months that she could not shake until she took prednisone, which is a pretty
serious drug. Anyways, I am not sure how many times it can be gotten. Then there are the long-
hauler symptoms can last anywhere from a few months to a year.

Glad to hear you've had a good year!
Three times? The Covid Hat Trick. I'm sorry to hear about your sister's health, hopefully next year is much better for her.

2023 is the year of the rabbit (Chinese year), historically they have been really good years for me. This year was a break thru year, compared to the last couple of years, and it's still not over.

Tiger years are generally bad years for me. Last year was a tiger year and it was a struggle like the rest of the tiger years. I don't believe in horror scopes, but animals are real. Would you rather hang with a tiger or a rabbit?

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
If you marry someone for the reasons other than love, that other reasons will be the bases for divorce.
Will you be willing and ready to commit your life to take care of your wife for life if she becomes disabled shortly after getting married and can't no longer help you? If not, then hire someone.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
This is kind of a funny coincidence, but I'm actually working on a farm right now.

Except that I asked the owners to please not make me do anything that resembles actual farming, since I have problems keeping houseplants alive, even the ones deemed "impossible to kill" (somehow, I find a way.)

The farm belongs to a family I'm friends with (met them here on CC, ironically,) and the part I love is production. They have a business selling products they make from their crops, and so I'm really into assembly, production, and packing orders. I'm actually on a vacation from my regular job to come out and help them for a while, because it's their busiest time of year. They grow everything without pesticides, and use old-fashioned equipment (as in, from the early 1900's) whenever possible.

This farm has an extremely hard-working group of young men and women keeping things running. We all our own ways and work independently during the day, but gather around the supper table for a relaxing chat at the end of the day.

I'm happy to say that for this evening's supper-side chat, I am going to read them your post. :)

I already know what their reactions are going to be, both from the guys and from the gals, but I'm still enjoying the anticipation. :D

It's going to be especially interesting because they are professional farmers themselves from childhood, so I'm pretty sure they're going to get a kick out of someone advertising for a woman who jumps at the chance to be a free farmhand who obeys every command without question. :cool:
ohh, would love to be a fly on the wall for this one.
I hope you do come back and share some of their replies/reactions.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
So I was drilling wheat (a very boring ordeal), and had the idea to go the old fashioned (1800's) route of posting some sort of "wanted" ad for a wife. I tried a bunch of the "christian" dating apps today, and wow. They're garbage. Any idea of a good place to post this online where it'll be seen? I thought about doing mailers out to a bunch of churches across a 500 mile radius. Of the 114 churches I've been to in my area, there's no way there would be anyone like this in my area. I'm not super tech savvy (hence why I'm still using forums for help.) Also, if anyone has input on the text of the ad.
-----------
While walking across the section from my tractor back to the truck in order to get more seed last week, I realized "frickin frack! I need a hired hand." then remembered I'm too cheap, "BUT A WIIIIFE! I could do that."

SO, currently taking applications for a small farm wife. I'm not going to lie, the qualifications are pretty strict and are as follows....

Born again, hardcore believer.
No older than 27.
Virgin (sexual abuse excluded).
No college degrees.
Willing to live "poor", but still have plenty.
Ready to get dirty, work hard, and go to bed tired.
Wants kids.
Dies to self, and is completely obedient.
Dresses are a must. Women who wear pants are just dudes to me. It's an internal thing.
Humble.
Did NOT get the jab!
No social media.
Tolerant of my fairly dark, and often times inappropriate humor.

Okay. So you made it this far. Now, a little about me.
I am Kansas born and raised. 33 yrs old. Prior military. #4 out of 10 kids. I make $70k a year working 23 hrs a week 20 minutes from home. I don't take a salary from the farm, and put most of my money back into it. Farm wise, I run cattle, have a few goats for fun, and farm ancient, and heritage wheats. I also work as a hay broker for other farms. Bag out locally made alfalfa pellets, and will be making our own line of semi organic chicken feed this winter. Full organic by next fall.

So, personal. I moved back out to the farm earlier this year, because I got tired of spending $1200/month living in town, and driving back and forth to the farm. So, I live in a camper out by the shop, and absolutely love it (I got a wood stove in it too! SSSHHHIIIIII!!!). I plan on building a container cabin in the pasture, spring of 2025. (If I can stop buying machinery)

I am a sold out born again Christian. I am about as goofy as they come. I don't get angry, and my life saying is "well, that freakin sucks." And I just move on. I am VERY protective of those I call my own. I have a nasty habit of just giving things away that people need. I never do anything for my own personal gain, aside from feeling like I got someone taken care of. I don't value money. It's literally just a tool. I have no desire to horde it up.

I want a completely obedient wife. Not for some power trip, but because again, I do nothing for my own personal gain. If I tell you to run 3 circles around the shed, there's a legit reason for it. And a reason thats going to benefit you and the family. I can't be everything I'm supposed to be for the family if I'm baby sitting a grown adult who's not listening.

Lastly, I don't buy into the whole "fall in love, get married, and happily ever after" crap. Having traveled around the world to different cultures, I've realized they have it right. "Compatibility, marriage, kids, learn to love each other, and live in peace". I live an old school simple life, I don't plan on changing that either.

If you made it this far, congrats! If you, of someone you know is interested in learning more contact me at ********
----------
Any ideas are appreciated. I know this will probably be controversial for some (it shouldn't be, but its 2023). Don't start stuff over it. Seriously just looking for advice. Thanks guys!
a virgin? you are much too dreamy on that one. definitely there are fine virgin Christian women all over the world but that 1 sounds like an unrealistic expectation. you could meet "the girl" who is perfect & found out much later she's not a virgin. long ago, i thought of mentioning that when i was looking but didn't. i assent that in today's dating world, especially for Christians, the list must be quite extensive. it seems in your words of "obedience" that possibly, a controlling nature may enter your mind. i understand the great difficulty in finding a proper mate. it took me nearly 4 years to find my wife! also, it's of most people's interest to be with someone whose interested in their line of work. 1st, get Jesus on the job & pray. you are going to need a huge amount of patience thru this endeavor. don't rush! & practice now, treating a lady in a Godly fashion. go thru all the scenarios in a marriage & practice what you would say, how you will say it & when. always talk on issues immediately. there is so much more to say. i totally, wish you the Godly woman you are looking for. my prayers for you.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Question: since you mentioned the desire to have children, what’s the plan for when she gets pregnant and can’t do certain things? Also, what’s the plan when she delivers the baby? What if she has postpartum depression and/or anxiety?

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
a virgin? you are much too dreamy on that one. definitely there are fine virgin Christian women all over the world but that 1 sounds like an unrealistic expectation. you could meet "the girl" who is perfect & found out much later she's not a virgin. long ago, i thought of mentioning that when i was looking but didn't. i assent that in today's dating world, especially for Christians, the list must be quite extensive. it seems in your words of "obedience" that possibly, a controlling nature may enter your mind. i understand the great difficulty in finding a proper mate. it took me nearly 4 years to find my wife! also, it's of most people's interest to be with someone whose interested in their line of work. 1st, get Jesus on the job & pray. you are going to need a huge amount of patience thru this endeavor. don't rush! & practice now, treating a lady in a Godly fashion. go thru all the scenarios in a marriage & practice what you would say, how you will say it & when. always talk on issues immediately. there is so much more to say. i totally, wish you the Godly woman you are looking for. my prayers for you.
@Karlon - This was a very sincere and civil response and a genuine attempt to provide sensible advice to a person that in all likelihood is not listening. I think the OP is just trying to get a rise out of folks. Nothing more.