Needing strength

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kiki82
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kiki82

Guest
I want to forget the past and forget my childhood but how when there's so much hate for the ones who allowed me to go through pain. I didn't have a childhood, was forced to grow up too soon. Why would people sell a child just to go on trips? Idk just trying to make sense of things running through my head... :( I'm just trying to live life and be a decent person but I'm afraid to forgive my family because they still act and treat me like it was my fault. I've been praying the last few weeks for an answer as to why. Am I praying wrong?? At this point I'm not even sure why God would even pay me any attention. I need advice and strength.
 
God probably won't tell you "why" - but He will touch your heart and help you to forgive. Just believe that as you accept Christ and His forgiveness for all your sins, He will help you to endure your families problems. He will give you the love you need that they could not and cannot give you. He will father you. And mother you.

He will help you understand that your family was and is operating from brokenness, and that it was not your fault. To look at them as "sick" and not equipped through the Holy Spirit to parent you, it helps you to forgive them.

Once you have released your parents from your expectations, you will know much more peace and freedom. Your worth is found in Christ, not in how your parents viewed you. Your future is assured, and you will be the recipient of many blessings. What you did not receive from your parents, you will receive from your heavenly Father.

Your prayer needs to be: " Lord, I release my parents from my expectations now and from what they did not give me as a child. I look to you for complete healing of past hurts, and the restoration of my soul. I make a choice to forgive them, and ask that you bless them with the healing they need."

Making a choice to forgive does not depend on your feelings - it only depends on what you declare to the Lord. He honors that.
 
I can speak from experience of suffering past hurt from Martin family that when I asked Jesus to heal my heart and then I asked Jesus to help me forgive them for what they done to me he help me to forgive them by his Holy Spirit so was simple pray ask him ask you shout and he will do it he's faithful