Nevada Brothels Stay Open With Promises to Increase Hand-Washing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

It is certainly heartwarming to know that in the age of Coronavirus, everyone is trying to do their part to stop the spread of disease :)

Travel​
Nevada Brothels Stay Open With Promises to Increase Hand-Washing
By
March 17, 2020, 1:23 PM EDT
The coronavirus may have stopped most of American life, but one pastime promises to persist. Nevada’s legal brothels say they are there for it.
The largest houses say they are still open, though they are taking precautions. For example, Chicken Ranch, in Pahrump said it will require brothel workers and staff to “wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizers as needed,” according to a letter from its general manager. It’s also having staff take their temperatures daily.
Coronavirus may put an industry unique to the state, which already faces political opposition, under particular strain.
The Nevada Brothel Association said workers are already subjected to weekly health tests, according to a blog post on its website. Still, it has asked businesses to turn away ill visitors and is encouraging “‘virtual happy hours’ with clients and friends to maintain human connections and social interactions during this stressful period of time,” according to a statement posted on its website.
The group also recommends brothels turn away clients who have been overseas during the past two weeks and reduce the number of stools in bars by half to encourage social distancing.

~Deut

Ok,I thought this was a joke. I had to google this. Does this strike you as a place that does a lot of hand washing?! Cause I ain't gettin' that vibe.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @kaylagrl, as much as I would like to answer your question :), I have come to what seems to be the inescapable conclusion that I should not (based upon the conviction of the Scripture below, particularly v12).

Personally, I'm bett'n the owners of The Chicken Ranch have a sense of humor. IOW, I believe that this entire thing was meant as a funny way of advertising their business, for the days ahead when the Coronavirus has been controlled or a vaccine has been formulated ... at least I hope it was anyway.

So before I sink us any lower (which would be extremely easy to do with this particular subject matter :oops:), I think I'm going to take this opportunity to bow out of my own thread ;)

God bless you!

~Deut

Ephesians 5
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;
12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @kaylagrl, as much as I would like to answer your question :), I have come to what seems to be the inescapable conclusion that I should not (based upon the conviction of the Scripture below, particularly v12).

Personally, I'm bett'n the owners of The Chicken Ranch have a sense of humor. IOW, I believe that this entire thing was meant as a funny way of advertising their business, for the days ahead when the Coronavirus has been controlled or a vaccine has been formulated ... at least I hope it was anyway.

So before I sink us any lower (which would be extremely easy to do with this particular subject matter :oops:), I think I'm going to take this opportunity to bow out of my own thread ;)

God bless you!

~Deut

Ephesians 5
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;
12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.
I just realized that I've become a "party pooper" at my own party :eek:

K

kaylagrl

I just realized that I've become a "party pooper" at my own party :eek:

It's sad the people that frequent these places. Looking for "love" in all the wrong places. It's too bad. Use to be a song my family sang years ago called "In the Shadow of the Steeple". It was a moving song about the lost we pass on the way to the church. We don't often to stop and think.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
And here I thought pirates only drank Blackheart Spiced Rum😁.
The gin and tonic with a twist of lime concoction is actually a trade secret that pirates do want the average guy or gal to know about, because they think it appears to make them look weak (so be sure to keep it under your hat). They came up with it after several of their captains started having stomach problems (due to their excessive consumption of Spiced Rum). The "Scurvy" cure was found by accident and considered to be an added bonus :)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
This thread has become pretty silly (which is just fine with me, BTW :p). Maybe I should have put in on the Miscellaneous Board instead, but at the time, the article I posted (from Bloomberg) seemed to be part of the "news" that day.

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I just don't know what to say!? :cool:-:unsure:
Hey brother, I was convicted a little earlier (because of the passage I posted above) that, as a Christian in such cases (the OP article), it's probably best to just say nothing :oops:

~Deut

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I remember seeing a few such places on the way to Lake Havasu City.