Never Believe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Riven, you like picking so called contradicts from the Bible, how is that any different from cherry picking

And even if we don't see everything, God sees everything, and I believe that he also want you to know that you have contradicted yourself

This clearly contradicts your original post which days that you are not about to love someone who you perceive will threaten to torture you
Riven, you have contradicted yourself!

For the measure you use, it will be measured onto you

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We were all enemies of God at some point in time, let us have patience still.
Do not misunderstand my abhorrence to mincing words as impatience.

I have been responding to him for days and have not run out of patience yet ;):D:)

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018

I have been responding to him for days and have not run out of patience yet ;):D:)
I'm no fortune teller, but I sense that the fight can get uglier and uglier. Rely on God for strength, ok sister

U

UnderGrace

Keeping it coming then, we may see results yet :D...we can always hope.

Riven lives in a dismal world :( not really understanding the God who is LOVE!!

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Good can see riven's future, and his future is very bleak to say the least

May 19, 2019
Malachi 2:14-15 You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant. Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Your claim is bogus. There is no such recommendation.
Yes, of course in your head you see it that way.

But then, I see it this way.

Deuteronomy 21:10-17

Marrying a Captive Woman
10 When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife.14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her.

The Right of the Firstborn
15 If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love, 16 when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love. 17 He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father’s strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Marrying a Captive Woman
10 When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife.14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since
you have dishonored her.

The Right of the Firstborn
15 If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love, 16 when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love. 17 He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father’s strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.
Giving guidelines for polygamy is not recommending polygamy. Notice how God calls it dishonoring? No, I guess not.

May 19, 2019
You are so blinded by your ignorance that you cannot even see that I am saying the exact OPPOSITE then I want you to suffer.

You truly need Jesus!
Really, then why out of all the verses in the Bible do you decide to pick one that can only be taken as a threat. You're obviously trying to induce fear, in anyone who reads that.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Really, then why out of all the verses in the Bible do you decide to pick one that can only be taken as a threat. You're obviously trying to induce fear, in anyone who reads that.
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Until then, you are but a fool.

May 19, 2019
Giving guidelines for polygamy is not recommending polygamy. Notice how God calls it dishonoring? No, I guess not.
See, I told you how you'd respond, didn't I.

Although, I can see a lot of conflict between those verses about divorce & what Jesus said about divorce.

I can keep posting verses like I did, but you'll just find someway out of it.

May 19, 2019
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Until then, you are but a fool.
Matthew 5:22 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
See, I told you how you'd respond, didn't I.

Although, I can see a lot of conflict between those verses about divorce & what Jesus said about divorce.

I can keep posting verses like I did, but you'll just find someway out of it.
Confusing description with prescription, is common.

Perhaps you should know also, that putting yourself under the law means you must be perfect in following all points of the law, or you are condemned under the law. I would not recommend it ;)

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Let me ask you a serious question.

Doesn't accepting and venerating the torture of someone for your sakes, make all Christian's sadistic?

That's as nice as I can put it blue_ladybug.
Well the thing you don't understand is the "torture" you are speaking of is not what paid for your sin. What paid for your sin was the price you couldn't ever pay with your (our to be clear, not "you") wicked dead spirit, disconnected from God self. The wrath that abides over all men's head, the price the flesh can NEVER pay for, it was on the cross when God crushed Him for our iniquity, the spiritual price that only He could pay, so that our just penalty can be justly covered by a God that loved us enough to pay that price, praise Jesus Amen!!! The way you are thinking of it it 100% in the flesh, the price that was paid was a spiritual price, one that is still foolishness to those perishing. I know man, I went to church a long time and didn't know Him, was just like you. But through a motorcycle wreak that took all function from my right arm, He brought me to truth. Keep seeking man, keep asking question just like you did here, just keep seeking truth.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Jude 1:23

“And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.”

King James Version (KJV)

May 19, 2019
Confusing description with prescription, is common.

Perhaps you should know also, that putting yourself under the law means you must be perfect in following all points of the law, or you are condemned under the law. I would not recommend it ;)
Your God is unchanging, but then killed himself to change his mind?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Matthew 5:22 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
God's revealed written Word calls you a fool.

The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Your God is unchanging, but then killed himself to change his mind?
How many times did you say you read the Bible?

Christ was slain from before the foundation of the world.

It was for that purpose that He took on flesh: to pay the sin debt.

May 19, 2019
Jude 1:23

“And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.”

King James Version (KJV)
Okay, pull me out of fire then.

But don't be a bystander outside my burning house screaming at me "You're gonna burn, you're gonna burn"

What you need to do is, kick down the door, run through the flames and drag me out.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Okay, pull me out of fire then.

But don't be a bystander outside my burning house screaming at me "You're gonna burn, you're gonna burn"

What you need to do is, kick down the door, run through the flames and drag me out.
Take personal responsibility. It is a choice you must make for yourself.

I suggest you get down on your knees to pray. Humbly ask God to reveal Himself to you.

God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.