New Age Buffet

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 2, 2019
Liverpool
We live in a world that more and more encourages us to have a slice of everything, the world is a mass buffet for you to dine in. As this idea continues, it has spread to faith, to where more and more young people are viewing faith and spirituality as an all you can eat buffet, where you take anything and everything onto your plate. A slice of Islam, a piece of Buddhism, a sprinkle of Catholicism and a light topping of their own idols.

We as young believers need to show the people around us that the gate to salvation isn't found by going down all paths, but by going down the one path as paved by our saviour Jesus Christ. It can be difficult, because said people you're dealing with are lukewarm, not hot or cold (Revelation 3:16), convinced they need a bit of everything.

You see it time and time again from these people, their belief is "if you're good you will go to a good place when you die" and that simply isn't the truth. You can't have that in Biblical Christianity, because none are good but the Lord and we are saved not by works but his grace. When we educate people on that core root of the Christian faith, they'll see how every other portion in the buffet says you need to be a good person to be saved, while the Bible teaches us that only by God's grace are we saved as all have fallen short of him. Educate them on sin, make them realise that no righteous judge would live by such as system of good and bad deeds on scale and once they realise that, they'll know they need to five course meal that's Jesus, not the buffet of false gods.

Hope that makes sense.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I think it may be good to realise that the gospel can also be offensive to some people.. Increasingly more and more as people shout I'm offended! Thus turning the issue in their own heart back on you. But what we need to realise that it is the power of God at work, for if the gospel had no reaction it would be considered powerless... Or something like that.

So if someone yells, I'm offended! Dont take it to heart, instead praise God!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Thats why we need the discernment of the Holy Spirit

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I have people asking me about my faith on a regular basis. I have a group of people praying for those interested to ask me questions. Whenever I see a person, I pray for them that God draw them to him.

Mar 25, 2019
The spirit of God he us Will help us in discenment