New Age Companion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I’m not sure how to edit my post from this device but I was saying the behind closed doors you would find scary advanced.

And without evidence of that, there is no reason for us to believe it.

People on the internet make extraordinary claims at the rate of about a million a minute.

If you have evidence of advanced androids that are indistinguishable from humans, you need to offer that evidence... otherwise there is no reason to take it seriously.

The Bible very specifically tells us to test and prove the claims we hear... we are never to be gullible, and just believe everything we hear.

Since you've now moved far away from scripture, to the realm of conspiracy... you may want to start a new thread in the Conspiracy Forum.

Nov 6, 2022
Its Common knowledge that all technology known to the public is not the only technology. Hence the reason for secret patents, I mean look at history, that processor chip in your pc the fastest that actually existed even though it was the fastest you could purchase? nvidia and amd sharing chip knowledge? I worked at a boat building company, we would have the new and improved hulls designed and tested in secret for up to two years before releasing.
Some times evidence is word of mouth, trust and common sense.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If you search them, most videos are over a year old, newer dolls are more advanced but the androids who are being conducted behind curtains.
Who's to say that androids are not being controlled by demons? Regardless, all this technology is to manipulate and control people, and the Twitter files have exposed everything.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Its Common knowledge that all technology known to the public is not the only technology. Hence the reason for secret patents, I mean look at history, that processor chip in your pc the fastest that actually existed even though it was the fastest you could purchase? nvidia and amd sharing chip knowledge? I worked at a boat building company, we would have the new and improved hulls designed and tested in secret for up to two years before releasing.
Some times evidence is word of mouth, trust and common sense.
BIG CLAIMS WITH ZERO EVIDENCE:

You said,
"Some times evidence is word of mouth, trust and common sense"

TESTING:
You believe "word of mouth", "trust", and "common sense" equate to legitimate evidence for determining facts... let's test that.
1.)
I heard by WORD OF MOUTH the moon is made of cheese; I TRUST in word of mouth: it seemed like COMMON SENSE to me.
2.) But the moon is NOT made of cheese.
3.) Therefore, your formula does not work.
4.) Furthermore, your formula is not used by anyone, in any field, anywhere, to determine facts and evidence... your formula doesn't even work in theology.

WILD CLAIMS, SPECULATION, and GUESSES ... are not evidence
- These things have never been evidence.
- No one has ever believed they are evidence.
- They could not even logically constitute evidence if everyone did believe them.
- The only person who believes this is you, and I'm confident that if we questioned you long enough, you'd eventually disagree with your own self... necessarily... because it's an irrational position.

CONCLUSION:
A.)
The Bible actually COMMANDS us to TEST and PROVE the things we hear.
B.) You tell us the opposite of scripture; you come with wild speculations, and claim they don't need to be proven, but our mere speculation is evidence enough.
C.) That actually contradicts scripture... God commands us to test and prove what we hear.
D.) You might benefit from a good dose of logic and rationallity... that would line up with the Bible.

Since all you have is speculation and conspiracy theory, I recommend you start a new thread in the Conspiracy Forum.

Nov 6, 2022
I usually give my brothers and sisters the benefit of the doubt when they claim to be a Christian.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
I imagine that a "lonely" person interested in an AI companion is looking for something to spoon-feed them with affirmations and validations: at the end of the day that will never be enough. AI can't validate you, because not even the worship of men can validate you. Only God can really do that. I almost guarantee that "No dating" is specifically not why your friend is unhappy.

L

Locoponydirtman

They are saying the new androids are so perfected they can not be identified visually. Which brings me to the issue that was brought to me.
A close friend that is unhappy and has been alone for years, no dating etc. He asked me if it is wrong for him to purchase a companion android that can even hold discussions with his tax returns.
I do not honestly know how to tackle this question from a Biblical standpoint.
First, androids; they arent that good at all. Second He, needs to get involved in life. Involved in Church, and involved in loving his neighbors.

Nov 6, 2022
I want to thank you all so much for the different directions to come in at this. My largest fear is that he feels this is his only road, that he doesn’t see the path God offers us when there feels to be no other path. He means well but has mental blocks that he can not overcome, learning disorder and very abusive upbringing. I can not let him spend the large portion of his funds on this but I don’t want him to feel I am judging his situation that he feels he is in. He’s in a hole of sin but if I can not get him to look up to see Jesus Christ is reaching down to help pull him up, he is set to fail.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
They are saying the new androids are so perfected they can not be identified visually. Which brings me to the issue that was brought to me.
A close friend that is unhappy and has been alone for years, no dating etc. He asked me if it is wrong for him to purchase a companion android that can even hold discussions with his tax returns.
I do not honestly know how to tackle this question from a Biblical standpoint.

This might help.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Ai is advancing in leaps. That & understanding that govt. & the military's technology are now 20 years ahead of everyone, it's possible.
That said, what troubles me more is the timeline that AI is coming out in.
It's now plausible that the image of the beast is/could be AI

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
BTW, has anyone thought of how easy it is for all of our electronic devices to be hacked by AI?

Nov 6, 2022
BTW, has anyone thought of how easy it is for all of our electronic devices to be hacked by AI?
I think your on to something. An android could live through a fatal wound. And the Antichrist could be anti human. The minute they allow a AI connect to the internet it will spread faster then Covid.

Nov 6, 2022
I imagine that a "lonely" person interested in an AI companion is looking for something to spoon-feed them with affirmations and validations: at the end of the day that will never be enough. AI can't validate you, because not even the worship of men can validate you. Only God can really do that. I almost guarantee that "No dating" is specifically not why your friend is unhappy.
He has a mental condition, he can get angry easy and common sense escapes him. He has sent over $20k to fake females over an extended time, i can tell him the person is fake and middle of the same night he will send anywhere from $30 - $200. He has put himself in financial trouble multiple times. I pray for nightly and would love if some of you could as well.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
@Stephen777

How close of friends are you two?
Do you know any of his family well enough to contact/share concerns with, or anyone else who could help him (I see you mentioned an abusive upbringing, so maybe no close family that would step in).
You mentioned he has learning disorders.
Is there someone close to him that can step in, or maybe even contact your local ageing and disabilities resource center.
If he's not mentally stable, there might be ways/ trusted persons can gain financial guardianship for him (in which case said person would be in charge of his money, thus hopefully reducing/eliminating financial troubles). Maybe even someone who can help get him some different types of counseling.

I know that doesn't help with the spiritual side, but it might be a start for him to get his life pieced together.

I'll be praying.

Nov 6, 2022
He had to move in with us, my wife is his only family member that wouldn’t and doesnt take advantage of him. i let him hang out with me but you can feel his depression. That is why I wanted multiple opinions on how to handle this situation. The photos of this doll is very realistic is what I meant in the initial post. He likes that it can remember their conversation and build a “relationship“ with it.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
He had to move in with us, my wife is his only family member that wouldn’t and doesnt take advantage of him. i let him hang out with me but you can feel his depression. That is why I wanted multiple opinions on how to handle this situation. The photos of this doll is very realistic is what I meant in the initial post. He likes that it can remember their conversation and build a “relationship“ with it.
I'm aware of what you're describing.
:unsure: So then he lives in your house?
Is your wife aware of his intentions?
What are her thoughts/opinions about it?
And if she's against it then would the 2 of you be able to lovingly express that you do not want this in your home?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Is he on any illicit substances?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I pray for nightly and would love if some of you could as well.
There are enough of us here to agree in prayer for this man. Are there any specific prayer points you want us to agree on?
Is he yet to come to a saving knowledge of The Lord? If not, that would be my first request.
Then I would pray for healing of the deep traumas that he may be suffering due to the childhood of abuse.

It sounds like this man is maladjusted through no fault of his own and should be under some kind of care or supervision.
But I don't want to make too many assumptions.