New Catagories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 13, 2018
I noticed you have singles, young adults etc

How about a place for 30s, 40s, Married couples, adults (instead of 30s 40s etc)
Just an idea

U

Ugly

We have Family, which is essentially married couples.
But the site owner purposefully minimizes the number of available forums.
But, largely, the rooms are guidelines. We have married people post in Singles, unmarried, childless post in Family. Adults post in teens, etc... It's more of where to started threads targeted at at a specialty group, rather than a restriction of where you're allowed to post. So you starting a thread in Teens, for example, may not go over well, but if you commented on a post in Teens that's not problem.
But the site owner (wisely, in my opinion) does not want the site to become A) overly segregated and B) flooded with too many options.
My experience is sites with too many options often die because it becomes too scattered and difficult to find anything relevant. Keeping the site minimal encourages more interaction.

PS due to this new forum recommendations are typically not taken.

U

Ugly

Perhaps rename Young Adults to The Uhhh and GOP Show, since those egotists have taken it over. GOP tried to take over Singles but failed, so he moved on to a lesser populated forum.

Gordy

Jun 22, 2017
Isn´t there any category for how to use the chat? Chat commands, etc....

I am wondering if there is a seen command in particular?

U

Ugly

Isn´t there any category for how to use the chat? Chat commands, etc....

I am wondering if there is a seen command in particular?
Chat is still in beta. It's a new app and it's still being cleaned up and altered.
Also, as the front page informs the site is being transferred. So we aren't sure what changes may come with that. But I've no idea what a seen command is.

Gordy

Jun 22, 2017
But I've no idea what a seen command is.
!seen nickname was a command in the old chat platforms which would inform you when that user was last "seen" online.

U

Ugly

I'd never known anyone to use that. Or know about it.