New Christian :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cmichele

Mar 30, 2020
Hello, I am a new Christian. My Name is Cat. I am 25 years old.
I was baptized catholic and have not yet been born again.
I feel like sometimes, I don't fit to the church's view and or maybe I am surrounded by too much of conservative church, I do not know.
I sometimes feel like an outsider and like I do not belong but I love the Lord.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I feel like sometimes, I don't fit to the church's view and or maybe I am surrounded by too much of conservative church, I do not know.
Welcome! It is a exciting journey the life of a Christian. Being a new Christian, it is vitally important you make sure to lay a solid foundation.

Disclaimer:
I can only provide advice from protestant Christianity so to me only 66 books makes up our Bible and nothing else is used to build the foundation. I believe the 66 are the inspired Word of God. So I'm just making it clear as you step into learning the Bible, if you have been well schooled in Catholicism then there will be some contradictions and some hills to get over in order to search for what I see as the truth.

But you will come to that on your own. I wont overload you but just a reminder that this is a journey, be patient as people try to figure out what you believe and how they can help you mature in the faith.

Question: What does being born again mean to you? Also what does too conservative mean?

cmichele

Mar 30, 2020
Hi!
I was born into catholism but didn’t go through with all of it. I only have my first communion as we call it.
I now attend a non denominational church based on protestant Christianity.
I read the kids bible as a child but only came through reading the whole Bible now.
Thank you for your kind words. :)
Being born again is getting water baptized as I heard in my church. As for too conservative, being from a non religious background for the most part there are certain things I do not agree with in regards to certain aspect or beliefs that come with being considered a christian. And that is mostly why I am hesitant to fully get baptized in the way my church sees it.
If you’d like to know more don’t hesitate to message me :)

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

Hi! Cat 😊 Welcome to CC 😊 Hope you will like it here.

God is faithful to lead us when we ask Him for direction. Keep seeking Jesus 😊

God bless you ❤

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC and nice to meet you Cat. I'm sure the Lord led you to a good plae for Christian fellowship and learning. We all want to grow in the Lord. God bless you and hope to see you around the forums!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
We’ve all grown up in some form of church, but eventually we just start seeking a relationship with Jesus.

Welcome, Cat. You will find Jesus is here. He loves you, glad you’re here! :love:(y)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018

Hello, Cat, and welcome! :cool: