New comer and looking for advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eviexbx

Jul 2, 2023
Hi,
I want to be come a better person and build a relationship with god and religion I just don’t know where to start so anyone got any advice

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just don’t know where to start

^ Gospel of John

Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Hi,
I want to be come a better person and build a relationship with god and religion I just don’t know where to start so anyone got any advice
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.
For the start of God's Relationship with you:

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

And then:

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC and the family of God!!! There is great responses here to your question and also tell God you want to know Him, His Son and His Holy Spirit and He will guide you. May you be blessed here and now, and for all eternity🙏😊

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Hi,
You will have heaps of advice here! Best place to start is outright just daily asking God to help you with what you are seeking, and He sure will.
Then all any of us can advise is put your faith in Jesus, by believing God sent Him to die on the cross for the sins of everyone, including yours.
Confess to God that you know you are a sinner and that you need His forgiveness - and ask Him for it - and its all yours.
You are at this point officially right with God 100%!

From there, God will give you His Spirit to help you to get to know Him as both your Father and your closest Friend. Read the bible, start in the gospels and learn what Jesus came to do and to teach us. Then just carry on and read the letters Paul the Apostle and other disciples wrote, in the New Testament. There is plenty of instruction and you just take it one step at a time, asking God to help you all the way, learning to live this new life with Him, His way.
You will mess up, like a kid learning to walk, but that is fine! Just get right back on up and keep going. Keep a short account with God, say sorry and mean it when you go wrong, and ask help to stay on track. He is more than willing to give you all the help you need.

Lastly, we all need one another. The bible will teach you that. No one is saved just for his own benefit. We need to share the love and faith that we have been given by God. Not only with those who dont know God, but especially those who do! So we can encourage one another and help one another grow in Gods grace together.
So that brings us to church.
It is a tough one to know how to direct you, but the right church will help teach you more about the bible than you could probably learn alone, and with more experienced believers you can test your understanding on them, and they can show you more things that correct your thinking, from other parts of the bible that you may not know relate and expand on instructions, teachings or situations in scripture that you come across etc. We really need to test everything we think, and also what we are told, to be sure we dont end up going in a weird direction and getting a wrong understanding of God and what He means in His word.

But I cant help you any further there, as there are so many variations and not all are living the way the bible teaches, or teaching the things in the bible the way they were meant to be taught. I can only suggest a lot of prayer, and visiting churches that are generally considered ok - like those that are not cults like Jehovahs witnesses or Latter Day Saints and so on. You could start a thread on here to ask about churches in your area and get some advice and recommendations here...

I hope that some of this is of use, and God bless you and help you in your very worthwhile pursuit of Him!

Seek the Lord with all your heart and you WILL find Him! :)

Eviexbx

Jul 2, 2023
You will have heaps of advice here! Best place to start is outright just daily asking God to help you with what you are seeking, and He sure will.
Then all any of us can advise is put your faith in Jesus, by believing God sent Him to die on the cross for the sins of everyone, including yours.
Confess to God that you know you are a sinner and that you need His forgiveness - and ask Him for it - and its all yours.
You are at this point officially right with God 100%!

From there, God will give you His Spirit to help you to get to know Him as both your Father and your closest Friend. Read the bible, start in the gospels and learn what Jesus came to do and to teach us. Then just carry on and read the letters Paul the Apostle and other disciples wrote, in the New Testament. There is plenty of instruction and you just take it one step at a time, asking God to help you all the way, learning to live this new life with Him, His way.
You will mess up, like a kid learning to walk, but that is fine! Just get right back on up and keep going. Keep a short account with God, say sorry and mean it when you go wrong, and ask help to stay on track. He is more than willing to give you all the help you need.

Lastly, we all need one another. The bible will teach you that. No one is saved just for his own benefit. We need to share the love and faith that we have been given by God. Not only with those who dont know God, but especially those who do! So we can encourage one another and help one another grow in Gods grace together.
So that brings us to church.
It is a tough one to know how to direct you, but the right church will help teach you more about the bible than you could probably learn alone, and with more experienced believers you can test your understanding on them, and they can show you more things that correct your thinking, from other parts of the bible that you may not know relate and expand on instructions, teachings or situations in scripture that you come across etc. We really need to test everything we think, and also what we are told, to be sure we dont end up going in a weird direction and getting a wrong understanding of God and what He means in His word.

But I cant help you any further there, as there are so many variations and not all are living the way the bible teaches, or teaching the things in the bible the way they were meant to be taught. I can only suggest a lot of prayer, and visiting churches that are generally considered ok - like those that are not cults like Jehovahs witnesses or Latter Day Saints and so on. You could start a thread on here to ask about churches in your area and get some advice and recommendations here...

I hope that some of this is of use, and God bless you and help you in your very worthwhile pursuit of Him!

Seek the Lord with all your heart and you WILL find Him! :)
Thank you so much this has been so helpful, I’m currently reading the bible and searching for church’s or online bible groups I can attend. I’m unsure about praying yet but once I do more research I’m sure I can find what suits me best. God bless you.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Thank you so much this has been so helpful, I’m currently reading the bible and searching for church’s or online bible groups I can attend. I’m unsure about praying yet but once I do more research I’m sure I can find what suits me best. God bless you.
ah sorry, really should have been a bit more clear.
Praying is simply talking to God. All you have to remember isa though you can tell Him everything, and nothing is too small to talk to Him about, God is still Holy, and far above us in every way. He doesn't want any falseness, special way of talking, or religious repetitions or anything. There are no special words, you just have to be real with Him and involve Him in as much of your everyday life as you can. You can pray audibly or if you are in pubic you can pray silently because He hears and sees all anyway. He loves you, He is always happy to hear from you, and you do not need to learn any special way of praying. Praying is just asking really. But we have to remember to just talk about stuff in general and thank Him for the good things too, like in any relationship. Be yourself.
People make prayer something it doesn't need to be, because they see it in films, or grew up in churches where they saw people using traditional stances or phrases etc. Some people kneel out of reverence, some close their eyes to focus, some pray quietly because they just want to enjoy thinking about God and others pray loud because they are expressing emotions. Sometimes we do all or none of the above, like in real relationships, we can cry when we are sad, cry out for help, or laugh and sing when we are happy! Jus the real and enjoy God my friend. Bless you