New Deacon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dusty59

Jul 25, 2019
Monday night 7pm est(November 11) I'll go up before the deacon board. to be questioned. I'm very nerves. please be praying for me. they said i'll be orddaied around the first of the year. thank you all.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I pray for God's favor and grace over you, and put your trust in Him, God bless you.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m praying for God’s powerful presence, favor and guidance upon you, Dusty59. Grace and peace to you.

Dusty59

Jul 25, 2019
I am now officially ( after the worship service Sunday morning) " a deacon in training." they'll bring me up before the church on 2/02/2020. we have not nailed down the date of my ordination yet but it should be some time in February. thank you all for your prayers.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I am now officially ( after the worship service Sunday morning) " a deacon in training." they'll bring me up before the church on 2/02/2020. we have not nailed down the date of my ordination yet but it should be some time in February. thank you all for your prayers.
congratulations :D .May God bless you in your jouney

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Dusty59, and this prayer request, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

Dusty59

Jul 25, 2019
I'm sorry everyone one it is march fist not February. and thanks again

T

tasha66

Hey Dusty nice to see someone new on here!'
Congrats on your ordination, though I confess I don't know what a deacon is - is that part of the Catholic churh?
Cheers! :)

Dusty59

Jul 25, 2019
I not sure about catholics as I am a baptist. I think this will explain it.
Acts 6 King James Version (KJV)

1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

at the church where I'm a member at I will do as those seven men did. that is a deacon.
I am now what is called a deacon in training(yoke fellow). I have a lot of the rights of a deacon but not all. I will not have all of the rights that a deacon has until I am ordained. or I'm what you might call a servant to the people at the church I goto.

pray that I have explained it.​