I'm not told way Ishould be named Peter or Paul, having been born on June 29. I know some dayshave names to be chosen if a child is born certain days: Joseph if Iborn on May 1st or Vincent if itwere on Jan 22th. More than tradition,beneath this, there is a psychological reason. Jesus named Simon Peter andJohn and his brother received a nickname. Why? Was it a familiar caprice? Sure Paulchanged his name from Saul. Why? Just to walk free within goyim people?If I change my name from Antonio to Tony (orAnthony)will a be believed, heard, sought or loved? I can do that legally,paying a high price, even in my own country. Will I be the same? Do I havesomething to change, from the inside out? Saul Paul wrote, severaltimes, spuring people: “You are a new creature...” and Jesus askedNicodemus to be born anew (John 3:3, 5). Can I say baptism as the water mymother had within her by those days she was pregnant? The spirit of a new IDis not in my new name, but in my new way to living. I have seen some Jewishpeople like to change their names (after conversion or circumcision) and thisis a part of their religious tradition. The law asked fathers 1) to circumcisetheir males, 2) to present children after the 40 days of cleaning, and3) to redeem the 1st born, after a month (correct me if I'm wrong. I'mnot Jew, but I like them). Part of the law dealtwith the economy of the temple's people. Priests depend and depended on silveror gold to live, buying the stuff we buy for a living; so I see the lawruled that too. Society, as well, was engaged with the religiousbelief of Israel, so a new born needed a name to be introduced intoJewish society, same way we need a name to get an ID cardor a green card. God said new born wereHis. Parents were to redeem their 1st born paying “money”, same way I shouldpay to be circumcised, because my father is dead and my grandfather neverappeared on my 8th day (he was from Spain). Today, messianic peoplelike to change their names. These are parts of their religious background, but there is much more thanchanging their names, but learning a new language, imitating an old fashionedculture, for the sake of God (that's not bad!). I don't need a talitand I don't plan to wear a tefilin. Allow me to confess I will be willing tocircumcise, with my own hands, to fulfill some mitsvots like Moshén... but I'mnot my Dad and my mother tongue is very far from Jewish culture. In the process of a newbeing or being born, we learn any culture and, by changing the way waythought, we change the way we feel and think (this is important). Just imagine immersingin a new culture, knowing nothing about their language, their many signs andmeanings. Won't you feel like being born? Read some of these: DARJEY NOAM or sidurbircat shelomoand get lost... He! He! I do. A new ID means learningbut, being born is more than what I need. Do we need to speak one language? IsGod seeking us to find it? Is His truth concealed in that culture? The OT tells us He willbe exposed. Jesus told He seeks true worshipers (John4:23; 12:28).Does this truth come from the Scripture or from living it out, everyday, by personalexperience? The OT teaches He (God)would teach us. Jesus said God would bring us to Him, and Jesus Himself toldthose who did not believed Moses would not believe in His words (John 5:46). Sowe infer here the importance of the OT united to the NT. Do I need to get rid ofthe NT? What would be then, my new nameand ID? I will not read writtenprayers as repeating. I would read THINKING, feeling and changing. I willchange when praying, analyzing my deeds, canalizing my faults, each time Irepent to be new, to correct all those things I can mend. Call me “Joseph”, giveme any name; but I new to be born, a total change, to please Him whogave me life, to socially live. Judeazing is the sameas Christianizing. I don't need Latin or Greek to understand, but the corelanguage of my heart. I wish I knew exactly what God inspired and had written,and His messages are not for one source, language or culture solely. Let'ssay Satan is not mute but God gave everyone a tongue and, more than that,probably I need an angelic tongue to achieve more than I'm actually achievingwhen praying: Just to reach Heavens and avoid Satan's hindrances but, is Godhandicapped? Has He lost any power? It is me who needs toreach Him who loves me more than I am. It is I who longs to understand, andreligion could bring me its berit milá (circumcision) and moretraditions, but God is not praying Hide and Seek. Is He? Moshén was with God 40days... Jesus appeared with him and Elijah. Whose voice was that Peter, Johnand James heard? Wasn't it God's? “Listento Him”, He said. I guess His voice couldbe heard. Scripture exists, but the source is His, not human traditions. Today we are paganized.Their world influences our more than our changes them. Am I correct? Just countand see numbers, and I acknowledged my flirting, just to grab what I think Imiss or need from them: Money or a woman to live with. I new name won't giveme this, but a complete change. Only God can bring me to where I belong, sinceI know I don't like the world where I lived and certainly I dislike most of itsways: I confessed my frustration to change or relocate, along with thedisappointment to get it fast. Immersing into a newculture helps you to be transcultural. Perhaps it will change some ofyour customs but, unless you really notice you are dreaming (or daydreaming)with that new language and their stuff, the new mind has not yet come. Notice how Peter saw ascrolled-down message from God on Acts... Do we have enough of Him fortoday, each day? A new ID, a new name islike being abroad, where no one knows about you and they don't need a stone tocriticize you. Your human register isclean, holy, same way some need to know they now are: No guilt, no fault to bereminded. We are forgiven! (not to sin anymore).