New member looking for friends and support.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sherid94

Jan 26, 2020
I am brand new to the group and not quite sure if I should be here. I am newly separated and feeling very lost, alone and overwhelmed. I have three children with the two oldest already on their own. My youngest is in high school and for the first time in more than 25 years I am finding myself alone in a silent house. I have a church home I have returned back to after the split- he is going to our old church. I don’t know what to do or how to wrap my head around things right now.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Hello and Welcome to Christian Chat God Bless

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I am brand new to the group and not quite sure if I should be here. I am newly separated and feeling very lost, alone and overwhelmed. I have three children with the two oldest already on their own. My youngest is in high school and for the first time in more than 25 years I am finding myself alone in a silent house. I have a church home I have returned back to after the split- he is going to our old church. I don’t know what to do or how to wrap my head around things right now.
Welcome sister Sheri and glad you found CC at this point in your life. There are other forums here such as the Ladie's Forum and Family Forum for in depth questions and answers. I'm sure many will respond on either forum and I know I will. God bless you!

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Hello and welcome! Going through a separation is very emotionally and physically painful. I truly wish no one would have to go through that. You will find some very mature Christians here that have endured and came through exactly what you are experiencing. Having fellowship with those that seek to love you in the spiritual family is a massive blessing from our Father. I know it’s hard to feel and acknowledge at times, but you are never alone. Jesus is in you always it you have accepted Him.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Hello sis👋. Welcome to Christian Chat 🌱... There is hope. It looks dark around you at the moment. You cannot see pass your situation.

Read Psalm 126. God has thousands ways to solve our problems. I am very hopeful.

We have anchored that keeps soul,
Steadfast and sure while billows roll
Fastened to the Rock that cannot move
Grounded firmed and deep in the Saviour's love.

God’s grace marvelous grace has come your way. Draw nigh onto the Savior.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Welcome Sheri. You indeed belong as we are all family in the truest sense. There are others here who have walked your path. Please know you are accepted just where you are at. You are our sister in Christ. You are going through a terrible time and we want to be able to encourage and walk alongside you. Right now you are in survival mode. I am so sorry for that and I am glad you are here.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Hello Sheri, I was in your position at one time, and I know exactly how you feel, lost and alone, the hardest times for me seemed to be after church on Sunday evening. it was terrible, somehow I got thru it, we ended up divorced, and he died shortly afterward. That was in 2012, I still miss him, but a lot of healing has taken place, I still have my church family, I still live in the house that he built, but I would really like to move back to our hometown, my two girls both live there, but there is so much to a move, I am not sure I am up to it, my health is not what it once was.

Is there any chance of reconciling? We had seperated several times, but always got back together, even after the divorce.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (11) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg Friendly.png "Perhaps you are here for a purpose, and many of us have 'reached out'
in hopes of encouragement and sharing with one another. I hope you
come to learn of peace and well being, and know of God's 'presence'
in your life."

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I too have been down this road, and its not easy....like something has been amputated. Everyone who goes through divorce, its a personal thing and no two people have exactly the same experience or emotions...with that being said the one piece of advice I would give would be to allow yourself to grieve, but not to get caught up in grief, if that makes sense.

Saying a prayer for you Sherid94, that you find peace and strength, in Jesus' Holy Name. God bless.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
We love you, Sheri. You and I are the reason that God allowed CC to be here. Jesus does not want you to feel alone in that silent house. He wants you to know and feel that you are loved. He wants you to sense of His sweet sweet Spirit abiding within. I will pray with you and for you. God bless you.

John 14
14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Sherid94

Jan 26, 2020
Welcome sister Sheri and glad you found CC at this point in your life. There are other forums here such as the Ladie's Forum and Family Forum for in depth questions and answers. I'm sure many will respond on either forum and I know I will. God bless you!
How do I find the Lady’s forums?

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Greetings Sherid welcome... I think you will like it here in the cc... Lots of amazingly honest, and gracious, sometimes outspoken and opinionated - but always loving, caring and giving of advice for those who are seeking prayer, friendship, support or just a break from their daily routine...
I can absolutely relate and empathize with your scenario... In fact, my three year separation began at 26 years, with three kids and youngest as a Junior in HS - now a freshman in college - so really empty nesting...
The key to my ability to find strength and perseverance during this trying time was to learn to give it all to HIM, and drape myself in as many Christian-based events and support groups and learn to keep myself productive, active and busy... Some form of activity or exercise is a useful means to manage anxiety and decompress - and helps in finding a new routine...
There is a 13 week Christian-based DivorceCare program that is so useful and strongly recommended and available in most geographic areas. This program is a great opportunity for both a support group and a valuable way to enable healthy self-reflection... Many people even repeat the course... This course provides the means to help you give all your faith to HIM, helps you to find the peace of mind to better understand yourself, help you to find understanding, forgiveness and closure with your scenario.
Coincidentally, in my case we acquired a Golden-Doodle puppy two months into the separation (she left - I was home with my son) and honestly my bond with him (the puppy) has served so amazing and helpful in so many ways... IMHO I believe our Lord blessed us with Dog's as HIS greatest example of genuine unconditional love... Play-therapy was healthy for both him as well as myself...
Ultimately, it will take time for you to transition thru your coping period before you will be ready to genuinely begin your rebuilding cycle. In the mean time - it is important to focus upon your spiritual journey with HIM as an essential means to a progressive transition towards the peace of mind, heart and body that your soul desires...
Good Luck and God Bless

Sherid94

Jan 26, 2020
It's right under the Christian Poems & Poetry Forum on the Forum page. :)
I don’t see the ladies forum under there. It’s Christian Singles. I could really use some thoughts, feedback and direction from some sisters in Christ.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I don’t see the ladies forum under there. It’s Christian Singles. I could really use some thoughts, feedback and direction from some sisters in Christ.
Hi Sherid94, I just checked and it seems it can take up to 2 weeks for the tech guys to add you on. They do their best to make sure only women get on, so hang in there, you should be seeing it. In the meantime, you might want to post something in general in the Family Forum or even Prayer Request Forum. God be with you and know we grow from going through these kind of challenges.