• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hi Guys, I am from South Africa. Great to be here.
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat. We are glad to have a new member from South Africa! You live in a most beautiful country. The Kruger NP and the Cape area are especially beautiful.

And then you have about 10 official languages there in SA. Question...can a person speaking Dutch understand Afrikans? I would certainly like to visit SA some day. A big welcome to you! :)

Aug 11, 2024
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat. We are glad to have a new member from South Africa! You live in a most beautiful country. The Kruger NP and the Cape area are especially beautiful.

And then you have about 10 official languages there in SA. Question...can a person speaking Dutch understand Afrikans? I would certainly like to visit SA some day. A big welcome to you! :)
Hi, thank you for your warm welcome. 😊. Yes, South Africa has beautiful places and people. A very warm culture. Yes, If you speak Dutch you would more or less understand Afrikaans. However, Dutch is a bit faster, so we would have to speak a bit slower as well. So I'm guessing you are from the Netherlands?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi glad you are joining CC and welcome to you Jesus_Follower84! God bless you and your time here🙏✝🔯