R
Richie_2uk
Guest
New to Christianity?, what will it mean to you.
This thread is a call to salvation to those who thinking or wanting to become a Christian. I haven't seen hardly any threads calling for salvation. God bless to those who will dedicate there new lives to God, as they begin a great new journey with Jesus. This thread is also for those who wishes to rededicate lives too.
Christianity is Bible Based:
That means all our teaching and understanding of God is based on what the bible says.
The bible is a life instruction book, with true words of wisdom, true historical and future accounts. It’s a book of answers, an inspired word of the true God that his love was not a big enough word for what he felt, and feels for everyone in the world. The bible can be used to encourage of what Jesus has promised to those who believe. Also the bible is consisted of commandments to follow. You can use the bible as a reference when quoting a chapter or a certain verse.
Books:
The Bible is made up of 66 books. These are in 2 parts. The Old Testament and the New Testament.
In the Old Testament there are 39 books and 27 books in the New Testament.
The Old Testament was all written before Jesus, whereas the New Testament was all written after Jesus.
Chapters and verses:
As you will know in books there are chapters and verses. It’s the same in the bible. The bible is split into Chapters and verses.
My New Life:
Here are many of the phrases you will here, are to describe becoming a Christian:
Born again.
Getting saved.
Making a commitment.
Giving your life to God.
Dedicating your life.
These are a few phrases you will here when you become a Christian. Jesus said and used the phrase Born again and stated in the bible, that unless a person is born again they cannot see the kingdom of God. In other words, being born again is the way to become a Christian. Basically you are saying to yourself, you had enough of your old life and want a new life, a new start over, but this time, a new life with Jesus. A new start for you is possible only as you bring the old life to an end.
The most common word associated with the “old Life“ is SIN. It’s a word you will hear a lot in your new Christian walk, in the bible and in the church.
Sin is falling short of God’s standards or breaking God’s laws. God’s standards are high.
But if you try keep them, and follow his commandments. You will be blessed and show great faith.
Faith is another word you will see and hear a lot.
Becoming a Christian is something you will never ever regret doing. Make that choice today. Let God be the centre of your life. Your journey and walk with Jesus, will truly be, a huge blessing, because you will be walking in truth.
Commit yourself to Jesus today and don’t be left out when Jesus come back. Yes, it’s true, Jesus is coming back soon. And he is calling to you to make the right decision, to do something right.
Pray this simple prayer, and mean it:
Father, I believe you sent your son to die on the cross for me.
I believe he rose from the dead and through him I can know you.
I realise that I am a sinner and that I have fallen short of your ways.
I realise Jesus died for me and has taken my punishment.
I am so sorry, please forgive me for my sins, for the things I said, done and thought wrong.
Father I repent and now want to turn away from my old ways to follow you and live my life for you.
Come into my heart, and fill me with your wisdom and love.
And show me your true way of life.
Thank you Father. Thank you Jesus.
Amen………..