New to the site & also opening up!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AyeAna

Good morning everyone... This is my 1st time writing a blog ever! And new to this website… so not really sure if anyone will read my post. It’s 5:46 a.m.. think I’ve only slept for 1 hour. Tonight has to be one of the worse nights. For the past 3 months I’ve been having such bad anxiety, stress and depression. I’ve gone through a few rough years and I think everything just build on my shoulders until finally my feelings exploded. It’s been rough.. I’ve had so many panic attacks these past few months I’ve lost count. Tried so many antidepressants they were all a fail. To be honest they brought on panic attacks ever since I haven’t taken any I haven’t got an attack. Just dealing with these unbearable anxiety symptoms… chest tightness and discomfort… a little pain…sometimes hard to breathe… (has gotten somewhat better) ehh and I’ve been clenching my jaw so bad at night & during the day. The muscle tension in my chest is the worse. I can handle the one in my back and the tightness.. I just get afraid with the tightness and sensations in my chest. I’m trying so hard to beat anxiety. Been researching so much and trying little things.. but it can be so debilitating. Never in a million years did I think I would go through this. Don’t wish this on anyone! This has to be the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through & trust me I’ve been through ALOT! I can’t wait for the day that I can look back at this and think I beat it… I’m healthy, I am fine, and most of all I AM HAPPY! I know I can’t give up and I have to fight! I hope & I pray that the month of October will be a better month. So stay strong!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Welcome to CC. :) For future reference, there is an option to start a blog. :)

And please use paragraphs, they make it much easier to read your posts. :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Welcome.
"Most often there are circumstances which bring cause of such issues as described. Only the one
going through this would know. We must learn to accept things we can't change, and change the
things we know we can. Applying God's 'principles' of life will help enhance and encourage one
to new thinking, with a positive attitude and behavior."
I hope you find what is needed in your life for a peace and well being."
enact - Copy - Copy (9) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy ...jpg Friendly.png

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Good morning everyone... This is my 1st time writing a blog ever! And new to this website… so not really sure if anyone will read my post. It’s 5:46 a.m.. think I’ve only slept for 1 hour. Tonight has to be one of the worse nights. For the past 3 months I’ve been having such bad anxiety, stress and depression. I’ve gone through a few rough years and I think everything just build on my shoulders until finally my feelings exploded. It’s been rough.. I’ve had so many panic attacks these past few months I’ve lost count. Tried so many antidepressants they were all a fail. To be honest they brought on panic attacks ever since I haven’t taken any I haven’t got an attack. Just dealing with these unbearable anxiety symptoms… chest tightness and discomfort… a little pain…sometimes hard to breathe… (has gotten somewhat better) ehh and I’ve been clenching my jaw so bad at night & during the day. The muscle tension in my chest is the worse. I can handle the one in my back and the tightness.. I just get afraid with the tightness and sensations in my chest. I’m trying so hard to beat anxiety. Been researching so much and trying little things.. but it can be so debilitating. Never in a million years did I think I would go through this. Don’t wish this on anyone! This has to be the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through & trust me I’ve been through ALOT! I can’t wait for the day that I can look back at this and think I beat it… I’m healthy, I am fine, and most of all I AM HAPPY! I know I can’t give up and I have to fight! I hope & I pray that the month of October will be a better month. So stay strong!
Ayeana, do you have an idea what could be causing the panic attacks and thoughts that may be contributing to the anxiety? If you know or have an idea what could be causing the panic attacks and anxiety, you may be able to work through that. For example, if you have panic attacks when thinking about conflict or talking to someone, working through being more assertive may help a lot.

If you keep a thought record when you are anxious, you may be able to work through faulty beliefs and change any cognitive distortions into a thinking pattern that is in line with what is true and good. For example if you have a thought such as " I am always messing up " you could change the thought into something more reasonable such as, " Nobody always messes up. Everyone makes mistakes and I will make mistakes too. It is a part of learning and growing. I will try better next time."

A

AyeAna

I think it’s all the events I’ve been through I never really got to vent or cry it out. I’ve always been very strong and held everything in.

Thank you so much for your input I’m going to try that! Means a lot! Motivates me that I can get passed this.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I think it’s all the events I’ve been through I never really got to vent or cry it out. I’ve always been very strong and held everything in.

Thank you so much for your input I’m going to try that! Means a lot! Motivates me that I can get passed this.
Your welcome. Tears I have heard, are helpful in healing so just let it out. Many people feel a need to vent and cry when going through tough times. Holding one's emotions locked away inside is not very healthy though with certain emotions like anger, there is a right way and wrong way to express it. Many times in expressing anger I have over expressioned it in that I would snap on someone and say words I regretted. I have noticed at least once when after I had raised my voice in anger, my chest began to hurt. My reaction likely produced stress and this stress caused pain. It wasn't dangerous but certainly did not feel good either.

A

AyeAna

Your welcome. Tears I have heard, are helpful in healing so just let it out. Many people feel a need to vent and cry when going through tough times. Holding one's emotions locked away inside is not very healthy though with certain emotions like anger, there is a right way and wrong way to express it. Many times in expressing anger I have over expressioned it in that I would snap on someone and say words I regretted. I have noticed at least once when after I had raised my voice in anger, my chest began to hurt. My reaction likely produced stress and this stress caused pain. It wasn't dangerous but certainly did not feel good either.

That’s what’s ima do and I totally understand you because I think that’s exactly what I’m going through like stress and just wasn’t good to hold it in. At 1st I use to get so angry and would say things I didn’t mean. But I’m very thankful that I have my parents to lean on and vent that I’m having a hard time. I guess it’s just been hard to manage because usually I’m not like this I’m always strong. But I think I got to that breaking point I sucked everything in for to long and I learned that didn’t help me one bit. Makes me feel less alone knowing other people have gone through what I’m going through and there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. I need to work with journaling and crying when I need too. Also stick to prayer! I appreciate reading your messages! Really helped 💛

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC. It always helps to surround yourself with God's own advise, whatever the issue is. We may have facts but His Word is the truth over us. Find Scriptures like ' He has given us a sound mind', 'Be of good cheer' 'We have the mind of Christ' and so on and put them on post-its around your home.. Remember what Jesus did for us 'Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. ' God bless.

T

tasha66

• Hey AyeAna!
    I think it's great that you opened up like that. It can't have been easy for you. I assume you have been diagnosed as having panic attacks by a proper physician, and have also had bloods & investigations done to check your panic attacks aren't from anything else? Angina can cause chest pain & anxiety etc along with other things too.
    Hope you're going OK today anyway. Looking forward to helping you in any way I can. I'll say a wee prayer for you.
  • Great to have you here!
    Cheers :)

A

AyeAna

• Hey AyeAna!
    I think it's great that you opened up like that. It can't have been easy for you. I assume you have been diagnosed as having panic attacks by a proper physician, and have also had bloods & investigations done to check your panic attacks aren't from anything else? Angina can cause chest pain & anxiety etc along with other things too.
    Hope you're going OK today anyway. Looking forward to helping you in any way I can. I'll say a wee prayer for you.
  • Great to have you here!
    Cheers :)

Hello! Thank you so much for writing to me today means so much! You have no idea made my day! Not easy at all. Usually I’m the type of person that helps others and I never really open up to people when I have something going on. I don’t want to put my worries on other people’s shoulders. I went to the Dr and had test done. Luckily it’s anxiety.. kinda bummed because my anxiety makes my ekgs come out abnormal. Made me worry! But I know once this storm passes it can go back to normal since I’ve never had an issue. I’m trying my best to fight it off. Today I’m really proud of myself did a good job at trying to shake it off and focus on me. Thank you for the prayer! I could use as many as I can get! God bless you! And thank you once again! Hope you had a fabulous day! :)

A

AyeAna

Hi and welcome to CC. It always helps to surround yourself with God's own advise, whatever the issue is. We may have facts but His Word is the truth over us. Find Scriptures like ' He has given us a sound mind', 'Be of good cheer' 'We have the mind of Christ' and so on and put them on post-its around your home.. Remember what Jesus did for us 'Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. ' God bless.
Thank you so much for your beautiful message! I truly appreciate it & feel welcomed! God bless you!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Hello, and welcome to CC. I don't know how much more I can offer that has not already been said honestly (great advise that had already been given).
Only thing I would say that maybe head not already been said is this. In my life, I have learned that while it is great to be strong for others, it is a strength I have been blessed with as well. And it is a noble thing, as many are in need of that strength in dire times. Great to be there for others, but I would tend to forget i did not own a Cape, lol. Which is to say that sometimes you have to remember that (like you did today) it's not only ok to all for help, but needed. And to make the time to be there for yourself to, otherwise it can let it over whelm you. There is one that can carry those that we help and us through everything, Jesus. But we should be there and often as possible for others, helping each other through things and letting God's light and live shine brightly into this world ...
I will pray for you. Hang in there. Exercise is a great and healthy way to get out extra energy to and if you don't have one, aside from the obvious dealing whatever might be the cause of the issues causing you the anxiety, find a hobie or something fun to unplug for a while and enjoy life so that it is not all just a heavy weight on your shoulders. 🤗🙃🙂

A

AyeAna

Hello, and welcome to CC. I don't know how much more I can offer that has not already been said honestly (great advise that had already been given).
Only thing I would say that maybe head not already been said is this. In my life, I have learned that while it is great to be strong for others, it is a strength I have been blessed with as well. And it is a noble thing, as many are in need of that strength in dire times. Great to be there for others, but I would tend to forget i did not own a Cape, lol. Which is to say that sometimes you have to remember that (like you did today) it's not only ok to all for help, but needed. And to make the time to be there for yourself to, otherwise it can let it over whelm you. There is one that can carry those that we help and us through everything, Jesus. But we should be there and often as possible for others, helping each other through things and letting God's light and live shine brightly into this world ...
I will pray for you. Hang in there. Exercise is a great and healthy way to get out extra energy to and if you don't have one, aside from the obvious dealing whatever might be the cause of the issues causing you the anxiety, find a hobie or something fun to unplug for a while and enjoy life so that it is not all just a heavy weight on your shoulders. 🤗🙃🙂
Thank you so much for your message! Truly put a smile on my face! That is very true in what you said. Sometimes I need to take care of me... because I don’t have a cape lol that’s exactly what it did overwhelmed me. But I have learned to let go and God will take care of the rest to just put my trust in him.

Thank you for the great advice which I appreciate so much! That’s exactly what i need to do! I appreciate your pray so much! God bless you! 🤗💕 I need to get back to life & enjoying once again! After all this rain a rainbow has to come out!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Your welcome, glad to have been some help🙂. Life a lot of times is in how we deal with things! You are on the right track, I hear it in your reaching out for others help, in your responses to everyone who has responded to you. God is leading you and carrying you through this ... your gonna be ok. One foot in front of the other, step by step...🙂

A

AyeAna

Your welcome, glad to have been some help🙂. Life a lot of times is in how we deal with things! You are on the right track, I hear it in your reaching out for others help, in your responses to everyone who has responded to you. God is leading you and carrying you through this ... your gonna be ok. One foot in front of the other, step by step...🙂
Am really glad I reached out! Everyone’s messages have helped so much. They make my heart feel better and God will get me passed through this difficult time. And I hope one day I can help other people that struggle with what I’ve been struggling with. That’s what ima do! Thank you once again! I have to learn to take one day at a time. 🤗