Newbie To These Forums

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

I'm calling myself "Seeking-Christ" because ever since I asked Jesus into my heart I have always taken my faith very seriously. My walk with the Lord has not been a smooth one. I'm a serious Christian who reads the Bible on a regular basis, listens to various Christian sermons and podcasts, i sometimes read Christian books in the philosophy and theology categories, and I pray. But with all that said, I know stuff in my head but, I'm not a perfect Christian. I am often confused by the scriptures. I am often confused by why God allowed my life to go in the direction it has. I'm not sure what my purpose is, or how I'm helpful to the cause of Christ. I have a learning disability that negatively impacts my life in many ways. I have some physical problems that also negatively impacts my life. And on top of all that there are sins that I can't seem to get total control over. I'm not exactly on these forums to help anyone. I won't feel qualified until I get better control over my internal sins. And I probably won't be qualified as long as my learning disability continues to cause problems with my brains ability to process things accurately. I'm a little weird, I can write pretty good sometimes.

Currently I'm not attending Church. With that being said, I grew up going to Church. Back when I was going, I went nearly every Sunday with the exception of those days when I caught a bad cold or flew. The problem I have with Church is every Church has it's own TAKE on the scriptures. Sometimes that can be a REAL problem. Especially if they insist that you got to agree with their specific interpretations, while never considering that they could be wrong. There are a lot of Christian people in this world, who believe the Bible yet they don't see it the same way as someone else. This causes Churches to be more like a social club. Another problem I have with Church, is no matter how consistently I attended, nobody cared. I figure this is because they see me as someone that has nothing to offer, therefor I'm really not a person to socialize with. After over 30 years of putting up with these issues combined with the introduction of the COVID pandemic, I finally just gave up on the local Churches. Currently I watch Harvest at Home with Pastor Greg Laurie, Pastor Ralph Douglas West, and reruns of Pastor Adrian Rogers. All three of these pastors preach better sermons then any of the local Churches I've attended. Since I couldn't find connecting with other believers locally, I'm really not missing anything by not attending. I'm sorry if you think i sound a little jaded. I'm not trying to be jaded, I'm just trying to be honest.

How I met Jesus:
Some of you might have a problem with this. Others might be just fine with it.
My Dad who was a former Pastor/Preacher, explained to me the Gospel message. I was only 6 years old. I thought to myself, Heaven or Hell. I'll ask Jesus to save me, and get to go to Heaven. But kids who are just 6 years old can't think very deeply about these things. The years after, I often would ask Jesus back into my life. Finally at the age of 19 I prayed with a youth pastor. This time I decided I do this once and for all. The summer of that year I finally got baptized. My Faith, has kept me out of hardcore trouble. Due to my faith, I was able to take years of being bullied and put down at school. However when I came out of that, I suffered a semi nervous breakdown.

Positive Things To Say About Myself:
1) I'm honest.
2) I'm reliable.
3) I care about you, because Jesus cares about you, and my heart is connected to his.
* Due to my criticism of the local Churches, it may not seem like my heart is connected to Jesus, but I'm very sad by the way they behave, and I'm pretty sure He's sad over them too.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
I'm calling myself "Seeking-Christ" because ever since I asked Jesus into my heart I have always taken my faith very seriously. My walk with the Lord has not been a smooth one. I'm a serious Christian who reads the Bible on a regular basis, listens to various Christian sermons and podcasts, i sometimes read Christian books in the philosophy and theology categories, and I pray. But with all that said, I know stuff in my head but, I'm not a perfect Christian. I am often confused by the scriptures. I am often confused by why God allowed my life to go in the direction it has. I'm not sure what my purpose is, or how I'm helpful to the cause of Christ. I have a learning disability that negatively impacts my life in many ways. I have some physical problems that also negatively impacts my life. And on top of all that there are sins that I can't seem to get total control over. I'm not exactly on these forums to help anyone. I won't feel qualified until I get better control over my internal sins. And I probably won't be qualified as long as my learning disability continues to cause problems with my brains ability to process things accurately. I'm a little weird, I can write pretty good sometimes.

Currently I'm not attending Church. With that being said, I grew up going to Church. Back when I was going, I went nearly every Sunday with the exception of those days when I caught a bad cold or flew. The problem I have with Church is every Church has it's own TAKE on the scriptures. Sometimes that can be a REAL problem. Especially if they insist that you got to agree with their specific interpretations, while never considering that they could be wrong. There are a lot of Christian people in this world, who believe the Bible yet they don't see it the same way as someone else. This causes Churches to be more like a social club. Another problem I have with Church, is no matter how consistently I attended, nobody cared. I figure this is because they see me as someone that has nothing to offer, therefor I'm really not a person to socialize with. After over 30 years of putting up with these issues combined with the introduction of the COVID pandemic, I finally just gave up on the local Churches. Currently I watch Harvest at Home with Pastor Greg Laurie, Pastor Ralph Douglas West, and reruns of Pastor Adrian Rogers. All three of these pastors preach better sermons then any of the local Churches I've attended. Since I couldn't find connecting with other believers locally, I'm really not missing anything by not attending. I'm sorry if you think i sound a little jaded. I'm not trying to be jaded, I'm just trying to be honest.

How I met Jesus:
My Dad who was a former Pastor/Preacher, explained to me the Gospel message. I was only 6 years old. I thought to myself, Heaven or Hell. I'll ask Jesus to save me, and get to go to Heaven. But kids who are just 6 years old can't think very deeply about these things. The years after, I often would ask Jesus back into my life. Finally at the age of 19 I prayed with a youth pastor. This time I decided I do this once and for all. The summer of that year I finally got baptized. My Faith, has kept me out of hardcore trouble. Due to my faith, I was able to take years of being bullied and put down at school. However when I came out of that, I suffered a semi nervous breakdown.

1) I'm honest.
2) I'm reliable.
3) I care about you, because Jesus cares about you, and my heart is connected to his.
* Due to my criticism of the local Churches, it may not seem like my heart is connected to Jesus, but I'm very sad by the way they behave, and I'm pretty sure He's sad over them too.
Brother I wouldn't worry too much about what anyone thinks when you are absent - And that may have even less meaning when you are present if a lack of true fellowship stems from being seen as not having much to offer.

Welcome to the forum.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

How I met Jesus:

1) I'm honest.
2) I'm reliable.
I've been born again for 50 years. I hear you concerning most churches. The problem is that most churchgoers are not born again. That's why there is so little reality. Pastors seem to fear offending "their" flock. I got fed up with the whole thing around 40 years ago. I've been associated with a small home group ever since. That has its own problems, but unbelievers cannot hide for long. At least everyone with us is for real.

Some others you might like to listen to include Bayless Conley, Cottonwood and Derek Prince, passed away but still one of the soundest teachers on you tube. If you can find him, Juan Carlos Ortiz is good. His accent makes him a little difficult to follow.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Hey! Thank you for sharing your time here with us 😊

Praise God we have a Saviour Praise God we have victory in JESUS ❤ Welcome to CC! 🤗

God bless you and Happy New year to you and your family @Seeking-Christ 👪

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (6) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
"Thank you for being you. I like your take on honesty."

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Welcome to CC.
---
More of His grace to you..
- On your spiritual journey.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Welcome to CC Seeking-Christ.. :) I hope the LORD shares truth with you and convinces you of that truth when you hear/ read it.. Oh and also you are given wisdom to know when false doctrines are being fed to you.. Be prepared for both ok.. :unsure:

I'm calling myself "Seeking-Christ" because ever since I asked Jesus into my heart I have always taken my faith very seriously. My walk with the Lord has not been a smooth one. I'm a serious Christian who reads the Bible on a regular basis, listens to various Christian sermons and podcasts, i sometimes read Christian books in the philosophy and theology categories, and I pray. But with all that said, I know stuff in my head but, I'm not a perfect Christian.
Well this is where i have to ask.. What is your definition of a perfect Christian ?

I am often confused by the scriptures. I am often confused by why God allowed my life to go in the direction it has. I'm not sure what my purpose is,
How about this.. To seek the will of God and to make your personal response to it..

or how I'm helpful to the cause of Christ.
Well you can share the Way of salvation with others.. And do your best to respond to the moving of the Holy Spirit when He calls upon you to take some sort of action..

I have a learning disability that negatively impacts my life in many ways. I have some physical problems that also negatively impacts my life.
Understood.. We are all imperfect beings.. We are all humans after all.. :unsure:

And on top of all that there are sins that I can't seem to get total control over.
Well that's stating the obvious since you are a human being like all the other ones i have met on planet earth and so we shall be sinning till the day we die and are finally liberated from these carnal bodies.. But then again i am wondering why you post this sentence? Leads me to believe you may think you need to attain a state of perfect sinlessness to become a real Christian? to have total control over your sin seems to point to the belief that you need to attain total control over your sins???

I'm not exactly on these forums to help anyone. I won't feel qualified until I get better control over my internal sins.
I hate to have to say this but if i thought i had to wait till i had achieved total control over my sins then i would never have joined any Christian forum and would not have ever posted anything or spoken with anyone about Jesus and His Gospel.. Indeed if everyone thought like that then Christianity would die because no one would try to share the gospel with anyone..

And I probably won't be qualified as long as my learning disability continues to cause problems with my brains ability to process things accurately. I'm a little weird, I can write pretty good sometimes.
Your a bit peculiar hey? :) Well join the club:: :rolleyes:

1 Peter 2: KJV
{9} But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

Currently I'm not attending Church. With that being said, I grew up going to Church. Back when I was going, I went nearly every Sunday with the exception of those days when I caught a bad cold or flew. The problem I have with Church is every Church has it's own TAKE on the scriptures. Sometimes that can be a REAL problem.
Yep (y) and.. Yep(y) But we have access to the Holy Bible and we can pray with a genuine desire for Gods Help to understand what we NEED to understand in the scriptures to both be Saved and to be Guarded from deception..

Especially if they insist that you got to agree with their specific interpretations, while never considering that they could be wrong.
You will find that happening here in this forum.. But in the end you must decide what to embrace as truth and what to reject as deception.. In the end we are answerable to God.. Not any fellow in a church or online..
But yeah we must take note of what we get from other Christians because the LORD does speak to us through other human beings..

There are a lot of Christian people in this world, who believe the Bible yet they don't see it the same way as someone else. This causes Churches to be more like a social club. Another problem I have with Church, is no matter how consistently I attended, nobody cared. I figure this is because they see me as someone that has nothing to offer, therefor I'm really not a person to socialize with.
That might be true.. The again some people are very introverted and so their way can look like snobbery to one who does not understand that they are just shy.. But anyway we all have faults.. Human beings are not Gods.. Don't make the mistake as some have done to place your confidence in God in the performance of other religious people.. Christianity is about God and His will, it is about your relationship with Him..

After over 30 years of putting up with these issues combined with the introduction of the COVID pandemic, I finally just gave up on the local Churches. Currently I watch Harvest at Home with Pastor Greg Laurie, Pastor Ralph Douglas West, and reruns of Pastor Adrian Rogers. All three of these pastors preach better sermons then any of the local Churches I've attended.
Don't know them.. But hey i hope they are giving you the true Gospel message..

Since I couldn't find connecting with other believers locally, I'm really not missing anything by not attending. I'm sorry if you think i sound a little jaded. I'm not trying to be jaded, I'm just trying to be honest.
Honesty appreciated.. (y)

How I met Jesus:
My Dad who was a former Pastor/Preacher, explained to me the Gospel message. I was only 6 years old. I thought to myself, Heaven or Hell. I'll ask Jesus to save me, and get to go to Heaven. But kids who are just 6 years old can't think very deeply about these things. The years after, I often would ask Jesus back into my life.
Jesus enters our lives when we believe Him and trust in the Atonement He secured on the cross, Trusting that His atonement paid the penalty for our sins, obtaining for us eternal life in His perfect eternal existence. :giggle:

I was able to take years of being bullied and put down at school. However when I came out of that, I suffered a semi nervous breakdown.
We have something in common on that account.. :cautious:

1) I'm honest.
2) I'm reliable.
I love point 3.. :)

I know it is good to do my best to tolerate the faults of others out of Love for the LORD who had the ultimate tolerance for me and millions of other scumbags who are totally unworthy of the salvation Jesus suffered death to secure for us.. But on the other hand when it comes to the teachings of some churches / preachers that are damnable doctrines of demons.. Have Zero tolerance for that stuff..

DeeGee

Dec 31, 2021
Seeking-Christ, I can identify with almost every point you have made, at some point in my Christian life. I have often had a difficult time with church because it seems that the principle reason for churches is like-minded fellowship, having a community to support us in whatever occurs in our lives. I think that gets more distant in our Western cultures these days. However, we can still keep looking. Alas, churches are full of flawed Christians...because they're humans. They/we may think we are better/perfect/unique/whatever other praiseful adjective, but, well, we aren't. We are usually all just trying to figure out what God wants us to do. Thankfully, He's aware of that, and gives us more grace than we give each other.

Personally, I listen to a number of pastors and teachers, and I attend my local church fairly regularly, but I do travel quite a bit, so I cannot say I am there every week. I listen to JD Farag of Calvary Chapel Kaneohe nearly every week. I like Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills. I like Brandon Holthaus of Rock Harbor Church. I love Jan Markell's weekly radio/internet program. I like Jonathan Cahn's The Return/The Renewal broadcasts and live streams. I like Carter Conlon. But there are MANY "Christian" pastors and teachers that are teaching a false doctrine. I find it revolting; God says it's damnable. Definitely stay away from them. I like Contemporary Christian Music. I love to discuss the Lord and His Word, and I really like to discuss life as a Christ follower. That last sentence causes me to lose a lot of my "audience." LOL So, I suppose that's what draws me to ChristianChat. I can pontificate to my heart's desire.

I find that I have to keep my expectations of other Christians real. Everyone is at a different place with God. I think the simple act of salvation, of believing in Jesus and calling upon Him to save us, is THE most important connection we will have to each other. Then, as we seek God's will for our lives, we grow and mature. We may find like-minded believers in our own area, and we are very blessed if we do. However, we may not find them next door or within walking distance. We may need to search elsewhere. As spirit creatures, that works, doesn't it? We don't have to be physically present to be like-minded.

Yes, you do write well. I appreciate that. :) I am new here, too, but already have found some interesting points of view and just general fellowship. I'm sure that each of us has a compelling and unique story. I've never told mine to anyone. LOL I only need Jesus to know all. Nevertheless, you are here, and perhaps it will be beneficial to you. I care about you, too! May God reveal the answers you seek and bless you abundantly.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and thank you for the honest Intro:) Harvest Church is my home church just 4 miles up the street and I'm glad you are watching Harvest at Home! What I think about churches is that none are perfect and all have cliques. Have a Happy New Year and God bless all your endeavors✨

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Hello Seeking-Christ, you really are seeking for truth. And keep on seeking, knocking and asking. Earth's history is almost at its end. I believe, the loud cry will be preached shortly, it won't be long until Jesus break through the eastern sky to fetch his beloved children. I hope we will be able to recognise the last message when it is preached with power. I am also not attending church at the moment because of the Covid-19 regulations which is enforced at churches. Happiness comes solely from our creator, no human being's love is enough to sustian the soul. Only God's love is pure enough. We need to look at Jesus, the author and finisher of faith. And stay faithful and lean on the everlasting arms of Jesus.

S

Seeking-Christ

"Well this is where i have to ask.. What is your definition of a perfect Christian ?"

This is hard for me define for you. But I'm giving it my best shot. I think everyone sorta knows in their heart what a "perfect" christian should look like. And I think some of things I mention here would be on most people's list.

A perfect Christian is someone who either never sins, or rarely sins. Whenever they do something bad to themselves or others, or even against God, they repent of it right away and make things right. They always do the best they can to listen to the will of God, and do the will of God. They outreach to others, and try to help others, whenever possible. And of course they pray a lot, because prayer is how a Christian communicates to God. They also read the scriptures, nearly everyday, if not everyday, and meditate on them.

"How about this.. To seek the will of God and to make your personal response to it.."

"Well you can share the Way of salvation with others.. And do your best to respond to the moving of the Holy Spirit when He calls upon you to take some sort of action.."

I currently have no immediate response to these.... In my opinion your just stating the obvious. I don't think it's your fault, I think there might be a flaw in my original post. I will need to reread my original post, to see if I left what I think I left out. Then I can elaborate more.

"Understood.. We are all imperfect beings.. We are all humans after all.."
:unsure:

My learning disability is a topic that I could write a whole paper on! And maybe I'll do that sometime.

"Well that's stating the obvious since you are a human being like all the other ones i have met on planet earth and so we shall be sinning till the day we die and are finally liberated from these carnal bodies.. But then again i am wondering why you post this sentence? Leads me to believe you may think you need to attain a state of perfect sinlessness to become a real Christian? to have total control over your sin seems to point to the belief that you need to attain total control over your sins???"

YIKES! This is an issue that I could write a really long paper about. I'm not sure if I'll ever get it done, but your going to haft to wait until I get a chance to share more about why this is a battle inside of myself.

"I hate to have to say this but if i thought i had to wait till i had achieved total control over my sins then i would never have joined any Christian forum and would not have ever posted anything or spoken with anyone about Jesus and His Gospel.. Indeed if everyone thought like that then Christianity would die because no one would try to share the gospel with anyone.."

I understand, and I think you make a good point.

"Your a bit peculiar hey? :) Well join the club:: :rolleyes:

1 Peter 2: KJV
{9} But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:""

Good point.

"Yep (y) and.. Yep(y) But we have access to the Holy Bible and we can pray with a genuine desire for Gods Help to understand what we NEED to understand in the scriptures to both be Saved and to be Guarded from deception.."

I agree.

"You will find that happening here in this forum.. But in the end you must decide what to embrace as truth and what to reject as deception.. In the end we are answerable to God.. Not any fellow in a church or online..
But yeah we must take note of what we get from other Christians because the LORD does speak to us through other human beings.."

I agree.

"That might be true.. The again some people are very introverted and so their way can look like snobbery to one who does not understand that they are just shy.. But anyway we all have faults.. Human beings are not Gods.. Don't make the mistake as some have done to place your confidence in God in the performance of other religious people.. Christianity is about God and His will, it is about your relationship with Him.."

I agree

Don't know them.. But hey i hope they are giving you the true Gospel message..

You can look them up on youtube, watch them and decide for yourself.

Honesty appreciated.. (y)

Jesus enters our lives when we believe Him and trust in the Atonement He secured on the cross, Trusting that His atonement paid the penalty for our sins, obtaining for us eternal life in His perfect eternal existence. :giggle:

I agree

We have something in common on that account.. :cautious:

This is also a topic that I could write about for a long time.

I love point 3.. :)

I know it is good to do my best to tolerate the faults of others out of Love for the LORD who had the ultimate tolerance for me and millions of other scumbags who are totally unworthy of the salvation Jesus suffered death to secure for us.. But on the other hand when it comes to the teachings of some churches / preachers that are damnable doctrines of demons.. Have Zero tolerance for that stuff..

I agree.

Thanks for writing me. This was a long post to go through. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to respond to every small detail.

S

Seeking-Christ

Seeking-Christ, I can identify with almost every point you have made, at some point in my Christian life. I have often had a difficult time with church because it seems that the principle reason for churches is like-minded fellowship, having a community to support us in whatever occurs in our lives. I think that gets more distant in our Western cultures these days. However, we can still keep looking. Alas, churches are full of flawed Christians...because they're humans. They/we may think we are better/perfect/unique/whatever other praiseful adjective, but, well, we aren't. We are usually all just trying to figure out what God wants us to do. Thankfully, He's aware of that, and gives us more grace than we give each other.

Personally, I listen to a number of pastors and teachers, and I attend my local church fairly regularly, but I do travel quite a bit, so I cannot say I am there every week. I listen to JD Farag of Calvary Chapel Kaneohe nearly every week. I like Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills. I like Brandon Holthaus of Rock Harbor Church. I love Jan Markell's weekly radio/internet program. I like Jonathan Cahn's The Return/The Renewal broadcasts and live streams. I like Carter Conlon. But there are MANY "Christian" pastors and teachers that are teaching a false doctrine. I find it revolting; God says it's damnable. Definitely stay away from them. I like Contemporary Christian Music. I love to discuss the Lord and His Word, and I really like to discuss life as a Christ follower. That last sentence causes me to lose a lot of my "audience." LOL So, I suppose that's what draws me to ChristianChat. I can pontificate to my heart's desire.

I find that I have to keep my expectations of other Christians real. Everyone is at a different place with God. I think the simple act of salvation, of believing in Jesus and calling upon Him to save us, is THE most important connection we will have to each other. Then, as we seek God's will for our lives, we grow and mature. We may find like-minded believers in our own area, and we are very blessed if we do. However, we may not find them next door or within walking distance. We may need to search elsewhere. As spirit creatures, that works, doesn't it? We don't have to be physically present to be like-minded.

Yes, you do write well. I appreciate that. :) I am new here, too, but already have found some interesting points of view and just general fellowship. I'm sure that each of us has a compelling and unique story. I've never told mine to anyone. LOL I only need Jesus to know all. Nevertheless, you are here, and perhaps it will be beneficial to you. I care about you, too! May God reveal the answers you seek and bless you abundantly.
DeeGee, I appreciate your really kind message! I know of some of the people you mentioned... I might look into the one's I never heard of, sometime, but I already feel swamped in sermons and bible teachings. As in I already got more then I have time for, it seems. If you ever do post your story, I would enjoy reading it. God Bless!