News today 8/1 Supreme Court hands Trump win, refuses to stop border wall construction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Finally! Common sense from the bench.
The judiciary HAD NO BUSINESS interfering with administrative matters in the first place Particularly when national security and border security are the issues. All the courts have been allowed to overreach and interfere with the administration, but that is because Trump allowed it.

What we have today is a constitutional crisis, with the legislative and judicial branches of government trying to subvert the administration over and over again. And the administration allowing it over and over again.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
You're an expat American then? Living in Canada?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wasa, I thought only communists constructed iron curtains. lol

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
wasa, I thought only communists constructed iron curtains. lol
A metaphorical curtain that lasted nearly 45 years and was very effective at that.

I wonder of those who are against a border wall to our south when countless people are illegally entering America, lock their homes, or have fences around their properties? Why? If those people are against a wall that prevents invasion of America by terrorists, drug cartel members, and sex traffickers, those who traffic children and adults, and also utilize the tunnel system they've burrowed throughout our nation, why would they ever lock their houses, or cars?
Let anyone in!
That's what they're arguing for when they're against illegal immigration policy being enforced.And for a border that spans a little more than 2000 miles, from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific, a border wall being constructed on our southern border. And they don't know, apparently, that there has been a wall on the Am/Mex border since 1909.
Mexico's wall was constructed in 1911.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
meh why not just have ID cards or something and actually enforce it rather than have a physical wall. China built a great wall and it didnt really keep the mongols out. Palestine and Israel have a wall.

Also if you ALREADY have a wall why do you need to build ANOTHER one. The thing is you ALREADY have drugs cartels, traffickers etc inside your country anyway!!! and they can just go round by boat or air if they cant hop over the wall, so its not as if another wall is gonna do anything. You actually have already invited them in, so the thing is a wall isnt going to work, its wishful thinking really and rather a waste of resources.

I head that some of the fence blew over in January anyway.

what you might need is a hedge of gorse or cacti or spiky agaves. It has to be a quite thick and guess what hedges grow unlike a fence or wall its not gonna collapse. Also great habitat for butterflies etc. Also will provide employment for those near the border, and possibly tequila if you grow agaves.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
meh why not just have ID cards or something and actually enforce it rather than have a physical wall. China built a great wall and it didnt really keep the mongols out. Palestine and Israel have a wall.

Also if you ALREADY have a wall why do you need to build ANOTHER one. The thing is you ALREADY have drugs cartels, traffickers etc inside your country anyway!!! and they can just go round by boat or air if they cant hop over the wall, so its not as if another wall is gonna do anything. You actually have already invited them in, so the thing is a wall isnt going to work, its wishful thinking really and rather a waste of resources.

I head that some of the fence blew over in January anyway.

what you might need is a hedge of gorse or cacti or spiky agaves. It has to be a quite thick and guess what hedges grow unlike a fence or wall its not gonna collapse. Also great habitat for butterflies etc. Also will provide employment for those near the border, and possibly tequila if you grow agaves.
Yes, now I don't take anything you have to say in this discussion seriously. ID cards? When illegals and all others that enter illegally have forged ID cards, green cards, birth certificates.

Our nation is the only country on earth that is this weak concerning illegal entry. And I very much doubt your nation tolerates invasion and drug cartels and human trafficking.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Yes, now I don't take anything you have to say in this discussion seriously. ID cards? When illegals and all others that enter illegally have forged ID cards, green cards, birth certificates.

Our nation is the only country on earth that is this weak concerning illegal entry. And I very much doubt your nation tolerates invasion and drug cartels and human trafficking.
Not only that, but people from all over the world suddenly want to "share their opinion forcefully" on Twitter about American politics and some have never even been to America. One guy from Australia was once angrily correcting me on Twitter about Canadian politics, and he's not even Canadian nor lives in Canada. It was extremely trashy behavior that told me everything I needed to know about Australia and Australians.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wall is not going to stop them seriously. they can just fly in (with legal /illegal documents). they will go via another country. Plus, since the terrorists are ALready in your country the wall is containing them!

Do you remmeber 9/11? the people that hijacked the plane didnt let a wall stop them!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yea we just tell people they arent welcome here, like French terrorists who wanna blow up things. we dont invite people in, our immigration quotas are rather discriminatory, but govt deports anyone who tries to take advantage, such as the aussie who shot ppl in the mosque. the govt finally cottoned on to the fact that many overseas investors were making insane money buying up property in nz and capitalising on it, but australia does the same when they offer their land to nzers. (gold coast investments anyone?)
the thing is to stop people from selling by making it illegal to buy and sell land and gain from it to anyone overseas.

US problem is they in too deep with trading with other countries for oil and beef and weapons that drugs just come along with that trade. NZ never used to have problems with P and cocaine...that came from america somehow.

thing is trade can open up a can of worms for most nations as its not always a fair trade.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
regarding meth, americans were already using meth way before it was imported and made in large quantities by mexicans. and it was legal.

now cannabis is legal, the US will probably want to trade in it with other countries. So your drug problem isnt anything to do with border control really since the users were already finding ways to trade in it within your country. Its like its too little, too late.

it like the virus, if its already in your country, a wall isnt really going to do much.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
What wall?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
wall is not going to stop them seriously. they can just fly in (with legal /illegal documents). they will go via another country. Plus, since the terrorists are ALready in your country the wall is containing them!

Do you remember 9/11? the people that hijacked the plane didnt let a wall stop them!
They trained at American flight schools!
Yep! Sure did! And they were all from rich Arab families. Yeah, they have a reason to hate the financial machine that is the U.S. and the trade empire too. Sure! Because it made their families rich! What's not to hate? :whistle:

And don't forget the ports.
Blew my mind not that many years after 9/11, 2005 or 06 I believe, President George W. Bush gave control of six ports to a United Arab Emirates owned company. When two of the hijackers on 9/11 were from the UAE.
That was a brilliant, not, move. That held potential for terrorists to transport anything they want into the U.S through our port cities!
What the heck was that? Oh, maybe it was the deal for those UAE families who agreed to have their sons martyred for the cause?

So many Presidents worthy of arrest for Treason, so few arrests. But when they're re-elected, there B something wronnnnng wit us!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
They trained at American flight schools!
Yep! Sure did! And they were all from rich Arab families. Yeah, they have a reason to hate the financial machine that is the U.S. and the trade empire too. Sure! Because it made their families rich! What's not to hate? :whistle:

And don't forget the ports.
Blew my mind not that many years after 9/11, 2005 or 06 I believe, President George W. Bush gave control of six ports to a United Arab Emirates owned company. When two of the hijackers on 9/11 were from the UAE.
That was a brilliant, not, move. That held potential for terrorists to transport anything they want into the U.S through our port cities!
What the heck was that? Oh, maybe it was the deal for those UAE families who agreed to have their sons martyred for the cause?

So many Presidents worthy of arrest for Treason, so few arrests. But when they're re-elected, there B something wronnnnng wit us!
It's almost as if they value oil over human lives or something