No Longer Slaves - First Full Cover :p

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abing
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abing

Guest
Hi guys, I made a cover of "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel Music (partly because I had worship time with them last night, and because this song is just so \o/). This is my very very first time mixing and recording a full song. I know there are guys in here who are pro at mixing and recording and all that stuff (I'm new to sound experiments lol), I'd appreciate it if you can give me criticism so I can make better songs in the future! :D

A couple things that I need working on: Rhythm! and Bass. I've always been bad at rhythm, I'm just starting to learn :D And, I know the bass is off... so just kinda ignore it. I'll work on that.

https://soundcloud.com/abigailzeke/no-longer-slaves

Oh I'll put the lyrics here, it's a very beautiful song. Really.

No Longer Slaves
You unravel me with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance, from my enemies
Till all my fears are gone


I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

From my mother's womb, You have chosen me
Love has called my name
And I've been born again, into your family
Your blood flows through my veins


I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God


You split the sea so I could walk right through it
My fears are drowned in perfect love
You rescued me and I will stand and sing
I am a child of God
 
Abing, I didn't you know sing! That was lovely. You have a beautiful voice. :D

I just noticed you have a website on your sig. Gonna go check it out! Thank you so much for sharing. Keep it up. :)
 
Abing, I didn't you know sing! That was lovely. You have a beautiful voice. :D

I just noticed you have a website on your sig. Gonna go check it out! Thank you so much for sharing. Keep it up. :)

Thank you Molly. My website is empty, though. Lol. I do sing and play keys *amateur level, still learning it*.
 
First of all, this is obviously amazing :)

Second, when are we doing Amazing Grace??? I'm gettin' antsy over here :P
'
 
Lol Skittle! I have intro and verse 1 ready but then I got stuck into learning this new tool thing. I'm almost done though, then going back to brainstorming our version of amazing grace haha. Oh and thank you :)
 
Lol Skittle! I have intro and verse 1 ready but then I got stuck into learning this new tool thing. I'm almost done though, then going back to brainstorming our version of amazing grace haha. Oh and thank you :)

Do i get the chance to request some Christian songs in your version? :p
 
Hi guys, I made a cover of "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel Music (partly because I had worship time with them last night, and because this song is just so \o/). This is my very very first time mixing and recording a full song. I know there are guys in here who are pro at mixing and recording and all that stuff (I'm new to sound experiments lol), I'd appreciate it if you can give me criticism so I can make better songs in the future! :D

A couple things that I need working on: Rhythm! and Bass. I've always been bad at rhythm, I'm just starting to learn :D And, I know the bass is off... so just kinda ignore it. I'll work on that.

https://soundcloud.com/abigailzeke/no-longer-slaves

Oh I'll put the lyrics here, it's a very beautiful song. Really.

No Longer Slaves
You unravel me with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance, from my enemies
Till all my fears are gone


I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

From my mother's womb, You have chosen me
Love has called my name
And I've been born again, into your family
Your blood flows through my veins


I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God


You split the sea so I could walk right through it
My fears are drowned in perfect love
You rescued me and I will stand and sing
I am a child of God
You're no longer a slave to fear, you know you need fear right.

I mean what are you going to do if you walk across a broken bridge without fear.

Think about it will ya.
 
Whyyy did I not know about this sooner?? You've got quite a voice, Abing!