no matter what friends are worth keeping

  • Thread starter Thread starter dianalaneph
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dianalaneph

Guest
sometimes friends hurts us but still I believe that they are worth keeping
 
I might disagree with you on this. The people I would not keep as "friends" would be those who do not influence you to live a godly life, but lead you into sinning. The ones who do not hold your confidence in trust. The ones who are thoughtless with your feelings. The ones who selfishly use you.

Those I would not call "friends". They would be just people who are in my life that I would continue to pray for, forgive, and not spend too much time with.

You really want to surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you, and will not drain you continually. The ones who will laugh at life with you, the ones who will not make you feel you constantly have to walk on egg shells. That you can feel safe with. That embrace with love your weaknesses.
 
I totally agree with u there. The ones im calling friends are the ones that Jesus gave ransomed to change. Like I myself receiving Gods never ending grace. It is my duty as a friend not to give up on them. How can I win them for Jesus if I chose feelings over them. I believe they too are worth it. I know God loves them so much...because I feel it too. Thank u for your wonderful insights. Yes, bad company corrupts good character. Choose your friends wisely. And on things that is out of your control pray for them. God bless!