No place like home?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Some questions to ponder...

Where is HOME for you?
Have you ever run away from home?
Or are you heading home?
Is your home an open home or is it private? Does anyone have more than one home?

Or are you currently homeless? What makes a home anyway...? Has anyone experienced a broken home...and can they be fixed?

Would you ever consider selling your home, and if you did sell, would you care who bought it? Would it sell at any price? Or would you gift it to someone who really needed it rather than sell it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Home is where the heart is
My heart's on home
Though I've never really had one
To call my own
But I've been given a key
By the carpenter of Galilee
With interest paid
The title's made to me

Home
Where there is no night
Home
Where the Son is the light
The place I've been dreaming of so long
Loved ones stand
To welcome me
But His sweet face
Will be the first I see
When my journey's over
I am going home

And the best part is, she won't even know I just Jesus-juked her thread! :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I used to say home is where my internet connection is.

These days my only internet connection is in my pocket. Do people still use landline telecom? Couldn't prove it by me...

Hmm... maybe "Home is where you take the trash out without asking how much somebody will pay you for the task."

Oooh, I got it! "Home is where you can be a slob and nobody has any right to say you can't!" :D

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Obligatory xkcd comic about having your own home:

It does NOT break the fan, bouncing a ball against the wall does NOT leave dents and the roof can hold my weight just fine. MY PARENTS LIED!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I am heading Home.. I will not get there until i have entered into Eternity with my Sisters and Brothers to enjoy eternity with our LORD and Redeemer Jesus..

As far as this world is concerned i have never experienced anything i can call home here.. I may sometimes meet fellow Saints here but that is a rare experience..

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Home is where love is! Love is where Jesus is!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I used to say home is where my internet connection is.

These days my only internet connection is in my pocket. Do people still use landline telecom? Couldn't prove it by me...

Hmm... maybe "Home is where you take the trash out without asking how much somebody will pay you for the task."

Oooh, I got it! "Home is where you can be a slob and nobody has any right to say you can't!" :D
Regarding the reference to being a slob at home without being accountable, that doesn't apply if you are married. I'm down with taking out the trash though.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
My home is where I feel at peace and happy. It's my place of solitude and I hope I never have to leave it.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I ran away from home once. I was seven and felt as though my father and I were at an impasse. My plans included making a little coin, so I had that to consider, but once settled I intended to join the French Foreign Legion.

My sister and I shared a room at the time and there was a picture of me on my chest of drawers. I turned it face down and left a folded note on top with my regrets. My dad and sister were in the house so I exited out the bedroom window with my bug out backpack.

After an hour of walking I began phase II of my journey and canvassed a few houses with the explanation that I was on my own now and was offering my labor for any task needing doing. One elderly woman asked me to rake her front yard which took quite a while, the yard was thick with leaves, and I bagged it all - and I made a lousy dollar. Don't trust grandmother types is still to this day embedded in my psyche.

It was getting late and J thought I would have amassed enough money to stay at a nice hotel by then, so I decided to regroup and walked home. I walked in the front door and my sister was watching tv and never looked up. My father was scrounging around in the kitchen and didn't acknowledge me. I walked back to the bedroom and my note had not been touched and my picture still face down. I was gone for 8 hours and nobody knew it.

I included this affront and oversight on my note.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I rememeber once walking away from home (not RUNNING) and going exploring the neighbourhood, and I was gone for a few hours but mum got worried and called the police. I cant remember how long it really was. She was relieved to have me home but I just thought I could go out in my own as everybody else seemed to be allowed to do whatever they liked but I never had the opportunity to go anywhere. I think I was about 12. I didnt know what she was worried about, nothing happened to me I just got muddy. Complete innocent lol