No soul sleep

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Enoch and Elijah [did not] go to heaven
So what you are telling us is that you do NOT believe God or the Bible.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold,there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (2 Kings 2:11)

And since God is in Heaven, and the Bible says regarding Enoch that "God took him" then there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that Enoch also went to Heaven.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
So what you are telling us is that you do NOT believe God or the Bible.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold,there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (2 Kings 2:11)

And since God is in Heaven, and the Bible says regarding Enoch that "God took him" then there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that Enoch also went to Heaven.
You do know the bible records there is 3 heavens?
Do you not know birds , planes fly in heaven today?

If he was in the third heaven, how could he right a letter
years after that event. please reread my post.

I believe the bible when it says [no man ] has been to the [3rd] heaven

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Yeah. God's Heaven is the third heaven, and that is where all the saints go.

Yeah. This is the first heaven and very far removed from the third Heaven.
what about the bible verse that says Enoch died in faith

Again i believe the bible says [no man ] has been to heaven.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
also Hebrews 11:4 says Abel, he being dead, not alive in heaven

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
You do know the bible records there is 3 heavens?
Do you not know birds , planes fly in heaven today?

If he was in the third heaven, how could he right a letter
years after that event. please reread my post.

I believe the bible when it says [no man ] has been to the [3rd] heaven
Hello prove-all,

Actually the scripture says:

"No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. "

So, the scripture is saying: Jesus who came from heaven and appeared as a human, is the only man who died and resurrected in an immortal and glorified bodied and went back to heaven. No man has died since and resurrected in an immortal and glorified body. That said, Elijah never died a physical death, but God took him. If he is one of the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation, which I think he will be, then he will experience physical death at that time and will be resurrected 3 1/2 days later.

Regarding what Jesus did, the church is next.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
also Hebrews 11:4 says Abel, he being dead, not alive in heaven
Dead on earth but alive in Heaven. Just like Stephen and all the saints who have died in Christ. They are very much alive, and are heavenly witnesses observing the saints on earth.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hello prove-all,

Actually the scripture says:

"No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. "

So, the scripture is saying: Jesus who came from heaven and appeared as a human, is the only man who died and resurrected in an immortal and glorified bodied and went back to heaven. No man has died since and resurrected in an immortal and glorified body. That said, Elijah never died a physical death, but God took him. If he is one of the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation, which I think he will be, then he will experience physical death at that time and will be resurrected 3 1/2 days later.

Regarding what Jesus did, the church is next.
And only since the thriller of Manila, when the satellites in orbit around the Earth connected with each other; it has been, literally, possible to fulfill the prophecy in Rev that tells us that the whole world will see them slain and then come back to life. ie... on cable programming...