Not a Common Woman

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Olivia_Rose

Junior Member
Mar 31, 2015
14
3
3
A poem I started this afternoon after a previous conversation and an inner knowledge of thoughts. (Work in Progress...)

If you did not know, there are girls out there.
Women, Ladies, Misses,
girls out there with short styled hair.
Girls who are bubbly and cute.

I am not one. No, not I.
I do not have the privilege.
And in a breath this brings a sigh;
for I shall never be this truth.

My strings are long.
The pigment dark.
Observation rules outspoken.

And in a moment I, me, myself;
am not the common woman.

If I was, what a sight.
Your eyes surely misleading.
So I am? So I am?
Darling, far deceiving.

A lady of question, this be I,
a soul of curious wonder.
Analyzing depths beyond facts,
acknowledgement is conceding.

 
Nice poem, but I have to ask are you upset for not being the "common woman" ? if you are you shouldn't be, because God created you with unique features and abilities, be happy with yourself! :) Your last line is great, it's always good to think for oneself and not take everything at face value....