Not a Salvation Issue / Not Required for Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
If it was the case that a failure to do the will of God disqualified that person from salvation. Then Everyone would be damned and there would be no point in striving to follow the Holy Bible..
Tell that to Jesus

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Tell that to Jesus

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Jesus never knew them.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Could you where the bible says this ?
Romans 5:1 Therefore since we have been righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romas 5: 1 to 11.

Romas 3:22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Romans 5:1 Therefore since we have been righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romas 5: 1 to 11.

Romas 3:22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
Good grief which translation is that ????

Jun 25, 2020
Jesus died for those that have blood in their viens ( the life of the flesh is in the blood ) Demons do not count.
You are being silly now. We all know that Jesus died for humanity and not demons. My point is that demons also believe that Jesus died for humanity and have also professed that Jesus is the Son of God (Luke 4:41), but they do not obey God.
Anyone can believe Jesus dies on the cross and anyone can profess that Jesus is the Son of God. That is easy.
What makes a true Christian is that they not only believe, but do God’s will.

Jun 25, 2020
I haven't notice you quote verses from those letters ?
I have mentioned these books in different pages on this thread. However, even if I quoted verses from the entire New Testament you will still try to think of excuses of not obeying them. It does not matter what I quote, the problem is you.

Jun 25, 2020
More importantly, do you know what it means to be ' in christ ' ? Sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption? regeneration? The good news?
A Christian in Christ will listen and obey Christ and follow Him

John 10:27 says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

Jun 25, 2020
My point was you wildy quote individual verses out of context and mush them together as if they say what you think they say . Taking single verses, putting them together as if they spell out a single message is folly .
The bible was addressed to different believers in the various parts of the world like Rome, Corinth, Philippi, Galatia etc. however, it is applicable to all Christians. Saying that I am speaking out of context is just another excuse of yours to not obey God’s Word.

Jun 25, 2020
We have two messages being preached and taught here. And they are significantly different. One one hand we have this idea ,and its more like catholic teachings. Catholics are taught that Jesus is not enough.....if a Catholic trusted in Jesus ALONE for Salvation, now that would be very different...... all Catholics believe in Jesus and are aware He died on the Cross to save them......but they do not follow the Scripture that says this is ENOUGH to save them.....they are taught that Jesus made Salvation POSSIBLE......He opened the door to Heaven.....but Catholic Salvation lasts the entire lifetime, with the Sacraments, works, Purgatory.....and on and on.....that is a DIFFERENT Gospel.......the Bible condemns a different Gospel.....a different Gospel has not ever saved a single soul......how can it? it is JESUS ALONE who saves, not us plus Jesus, or works plus Jesus.......anytime you add ANYTHING to His perfect Sacrifice, you nullify it completely......that is the true tragedy of the RCC....so many of them do love God and Jesus, but they are being deceived into following man-made traditions rather then what the Word says......and that breaks my heart more than anyone here knows......

Jesus ALONE = Salvation
Jesus plus ANYTHING = Hell

it's that simple......
I am not even Catholic. What you are saying does not make any sense.

What does Catholic church have to do with the thread. The main point of this thread is that it is important to obey God and it matters to Him whether we obey Him or not. What has that to do with the Catholic Church?

First you mentioned cults and now the Catholic Church, I wonder what other strange thing you will mention next that is not connected with the thread.

I have been looking at your responses to my posts. It looks like you just type the first thing that comes to your mind without really thinking about it. It is like you are responding for the sake of responding. And I also see that you try to deviate from the topic and introduce different ideas. If you do not know what to say, then rather not respond. Saying the first thing that comes out of your mind that does not make sense is a waste of time. Not mine only, but yours as well.

Jun 25, 2020
there are 31, 102 verses in the Bible. anyone can cut and paste and conjoin and jump around and make them say whatever one wants them to say.

but, that is not valid theology.

like yours.
Even if the bible verses were in chronological order you still would not want to obey them and apply them to your life and would think of other excuses.

I have asked you which bible verses have I put out of context and you are unable to answer me.

Repeating that I put bible verses out of context again and jump around will not make your statement eventually true.

If you do not love God and do not want to obey Him, it is your choice, but do not criticize the rest of us who do.

I actually do not understand why you do not want to obey God. Obeying God will not hurt you. Whatever God tells us to do and not to do is for our own benefit and the benefit of others. If we all obeyed God, we would be a lot happier.

Jun 25, 2020
Jesus never knew them.
Jesus never knew them because they were not keeping God’s commandments.

How do you know that God knows you?

1 Corinthians 8:3
But if any man love God, the same is known of God.

According to Corinthians if you do not love God, then God does not know you.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

According to the above verse, you love God if you keep His commandments.

Therefore only those who love God and demonstrate it by keeping His commandments are known by God. If you do not keep God’s commandments, then God does not know you.

How do you know that Jesus knows you?

John 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:27
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

John 15:14
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Looking at the above bible verses, Jesus knows those who hear Him and follow Him. Only those who obey what He says are his friends. Those who love Him will keep His commandments and he will manifest Himself to them.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You are being silly now. We all know that Jesus died for humanity and not demons. My point is that demons also believe that Jesus died for humanity and have also professed that Jesus is the Son of God (Luke 4:41), but they do not obey God.
Anyone can believe Jesus dies on the cross and anyone can profess that Jesus is the Son of God. That is easy.
I mean , believing to receiving of Jesus. Not believing in vain and not receiving Jesus.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

That verse is about Jews who were following the Father would recognise the words of the Son .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Therefore only those who love God and demonstrate it by keeping His commandments are known by God. If you do not keep God’s commandments, then God does not know you.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Looking at the above bible verses, Jesus knows those who hear Him and follow Him. Only those who obey what He says are his friends. Those who love Him will keep His commandments and he will manifest Himself to them.
No , it says he NEVER knew them . If he NEVER knew them, they NEVER received him . These as Mat 7 says are FALSE prophets.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

What does ' in christ ' could you show from the scriptures what this is please?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Believing in 'one God' .
James 2
Thou believest that there is ONE GOD ; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

This not saying that a person today is not saved if he believes the Gospel.
1 cor 1.21
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them THAT BELIEVE .

Eph 1
13¶In whom ye also TRUSTED , after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye BELIEVED, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

and what are His Commands? believe in the name of the Son and love one another.

that is what i mean about context. when you speak of keeping commands, say what they are.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Then this means that this part below which you spoke to me is also directed to you as well.

The problem with you is that you do not read the bible.

If you read the bible, you would have come across these bible verses

-1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

-Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

-1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

-1 Peter 5:8-10
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

-2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

-Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

-2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue

-1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Like I said before, God promises to help you, but you still have choice. God can make a way of escape from temptation, but it is up to you to choose to escape. You must claim and believe on these promises. And not only that, you must pray and ask God to help you.
You must also abide in Christ, you also must put on Christ and submit to God.

-John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

-Romans 13:14
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

-James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
You can quote all the scriptures you like but since you have interpreted the scriptures wrong quoting scripture is a waste of time.. I do not deny scripture.. I deny your intepretation of scripture..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Tell that to Jesus

And the will of the LORD is to believe Jesus and trust in the Way He has made for us to be saved.. Also to love thy neighbour.

Works salvation pushers preach that it means to do all the Law and never fail.. And their preaching condemns them and anyone who adopts their preaching..

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
The verses mentioned apply to those who are saved already. They were written to believers, not non-believers.
Go and read the bible
The no changed life-cult is strong in these forums. It is an American-phenomena, a drive-thru Christianity of sorts, unheard of in the history in the Church.