Not as strong as I thought

  • Thread starter Thread starter ContentCanadian
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ContentCanadian

Guest
I'm going thru a bit of a rough break and for the first time since my early 20s I feel that I am on the cusp of depression. I'm losing interest in prayer, church etc. All I can do is hold on and keep praying and going on. Since the start I have prayed for God to never let me go,because I have a tenancy to drop out of almost everything I start.

I realize that my initial joy in the Lord was largely because my circumstances were pretty good. Now that they are not so good I realize my faith and love of the Lord are not as strong as I thought. This is an important revelation. I'm feeling quite bitter about being alone as well, but I'm actually too bitter to engage in any behavior that would find me a mate. Not that he was a potential mate, but there is a new man in church, he looked like he wanted to talk, but regardless of being in church and knowing I should be welcoming I felt to bitter to engage in any conversation. Funny how depression is a vicious cycle you pull away because you are depressed and get depressed because there is no one around.

I'll have to make efforts to stay positive, we have snow here and that kind of weather is not good for the soul.

But this too shall pass.