Not by bread alone.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
So just read some Bible, yea it's like food for your soul and im totally fat so it was great, anyway i wanted to know some Bible stuff about you guys. So:
1.Have you read the Bible cover to cover?
2. How long did it take to do so if you did?
3. How much do you read daily?
4. What's your favorite book of the bible?
5. What part was the hardest to read?
6. What translation do you prefer?
7. How has your relationship with God improved after spending time in his word?

BOOM 7 questions for you beautiful people to answer if you want.... but you TOTALLY should and after that you can talk about all the random stuff it will most likely lead to have fun God bless AND GIVE ME answers cx

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm let's see, I'll go first. Answer to the first question is No, I haven't read it cover to cover, that's still a goal for me. 2nd question is it may take me my whole life, but that's ok cause I'm still in God's word :). 3rd question would be I try to read a passage everyday if possible, that is food for the soul. 4th my favorite book would be all of them!! They all speak to my heart and to my soul, even the Old Testament books, even such as Haggai and Habakuk. 5th question for me probably is the book of Haggai, you really gotta be well versed in reading it. 6th question would be King James Version, I know it has it's critics, and there are many that claim this translation is right, or this one, but what I do know of the King James Version, it points to Christ as the only way to salvation and it gives all and honor and glory to Him, that alone is enough for me. and finally, my relationship with Him has improved in that my discernment and understanding of the scriptures is coming as if it's plain English to me, like you and I having a sit down chat, it becomes that plain, and I know God is strengthening my faith and my understanding through His word. :)

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Hmm let's see, I'll go first. Answer to the first question is No, I haven't read it cover to cover, that's still a goal for me. 2nd question is it may take me my whole life, but that's ok cause I'm still in God's word :). 3rd question would be I try to read a passage everyday if possible, that is food for the soul. 4th my favorite book would be all of them!! They all speak to my heart and to my soul, even the Old Testament books, even such as Haggai and Habakuk. 5th question for me probably is the book of Haggai, you really gotta be well versed in reading it. 6th question would be King James Version, I know it has it's critics, and there are many that claim this translation is right, or this one, but what I do know of the King James Version, it points to Christ as the only way to salvation and it gives all and honor and glory to Him, that alone is enough for me. and finally, my relationship with Him has improved in that my discernment and understanding of the scriptures is coming as if it's plain English to me, like you and I having a sit down chat, it becomes that plain, and I know God is strengthening my faith and my understanding through His word. :)
Noice it's nive your doing well with your walk man

T

Tinuviel

Yes. Working on 5th time

I used different read through the Bible in a year schedules several times so...a year.

Depends. I have two methods. The "scope" method, where I am reading a big chunk to get perspective, and a "detail" method, where I focus more on detail. For the scope, 4-6 chapters. Detail sometimes only a few verses, up to 1 chapter.

NT James or the Gospel of John, OT Psalms or Genesis

Job. And for some reason, I seem to get stuck in the minor prophets.

I often read KJV because I like their word choices. I also read the ESV, since I've heard that is a very accurate/literal translation.

In every way! lol. I am better able to respond to what I know to be right when I see it in His Word, that's huge for me.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017

Yes. Working on 5th time

I used different read through the Bible in a year schedules several times so...a year.

Depends. I have two methods. The "scope" method, where I am reading a big chunk to get perspective, and a "detail" method, where I focus more on detail. For the scope, 4-6 chapters. Detail sometimes only a few verses, up to 1 chapter.

NT James or the Gospel of John, OT Psalms or Genesis

Job. And for some reason, I seem to get stuck in the minor prophets.

I often read KJV because I like their word choices. I also read the ESV, since I've heard that is a very accurate/literal translation.

In every way! lol. I am better able to respond to what I know to be right when I see it in His Word, that's huge for me.
First off you're organized so good job xD, second BRUH your amazing like 4 times FOURRRRR no wonder you're so mature. Im so behind it hurts, wait so were you saved the whole time? If so you were saved super early your way further then me in that regard, God has done a good work in you Miss your zeal is admirable cx... Hopefully i spelled that right

Loretta1518

Oct 25, 2017
Hey!!
I'm new here and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
I try to read the Bible a lot and recently I've been reading some every day, but I've never read it cover to cover. (I wish;)
I will sometime.
I love the Gospel of John ( I read it over and over) and have recently been studying it and memorizing my favorite parts as part of a school program. I also love reading the Psalms and am currently reading Proverbs. I have never read it through before (though I've started many times) and I'm loving it:)
Reading the Bible frequently has definitely made the word of God more present in my life and more real to me.

Last edited:

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Hey!!
I'm new here and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
I try to read the Bible a lot and recently I've been reading some every day, but I've never read it cover to cover. (I wish;)
I will sometime.
I love the Gospel of John ( I read it over and over) and have recently been studying it and memorizing my favorite parts as part of a school program. I also love reading the Psalms and am currently reading Proverbs. I have never read it through before (though I've started many times) and I'm loving it:)
Reading the Bible frequently has definitely made the word of God more present in my life and more real to me.
Baby steps fam your doing well just keep getting in the word i bet your doing pretty good so far cx. And nice to meet you and hope you enjoy it here and make some family. Tinuviel, magenta, joe fizz, littlebit, and myself (hopefully) are pretty friendly and i will try to help to the best of my ability but im pretty slow at times so idk if im the best to ask about the site. Anyway Welcome and God bless

Loretta1518

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Thanks LightBright, Nice to meet you too!!

T

Tinuviel

First off you're organized so good job xD, second BRUH your amazing like 4 times FOURRRRR no wonder you're so mature. Im so behind it hurts, wait so were you saved the whole time? If so you were saved super early your way further then me in that regard, God has done a good work in you Miss your zeal is admirable cx... Hopefully i spelled that right
lol...I'm in no way amazing. Everyone is different in their Christian walk. God has a different time to reach out of each of His people, and everyone has a different growth rate. So, you're not behind! No such thing. I was raised in a Christian family so to be honest, I have no time and date for when I was saved. I started being really interested in the Bible and God in a personal way when I was about 11. God is very gracious and merciful :)

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
lol...I'm in no way amazing. Everyone is different in their Christian walk. God has a different time to reach out of each of His people, and everyone has a different growth rate. So, you're not behind! No such thing. I was raised in a Christian family so to be honest, I have no time and date for when I was saved. I started being really interested in the Bible and God in a personal way when I was about 11. God is very gracious and merciful :)
Well that's true but don't say that you're not amazing cuz you totally are Psul wasn't like "im not doing the best at this disciple stuff" nah fam he said that he surpassed all the other disciples but then he made sure to tell everyone how he got to that point by God's grace and power so when i call you amazing don't say your not say you got there thanks to the Lord cx. And yea I'm not gonna be able to beat you when it comes to how many times you read the bible, unless i just rush through and don't learn anything, but i can totally beat you in the study of it SO I SHALL.

Dec 4, 2017
So just read some Bible, yea it's like food for your soul and im totally fat so it was great, anyway i wanted to know some Bible stuff about you guys. So:

BOOM 7 questions for you beautiful people to answer if you want.... but you TOTALLY should and after that you can talk about all the random stuff it will most likely lead to have fun God bless AND GIVE ME answers cx

Read the entire Bible, Yes
Given Understanding, Yes

Wanna have some fun?

G

Gracie_14

the teen forum isnt as active as it should be…hmm…

U

Ugly

the teen forum isnt as active as it should be…hmm…
Because it's more likely teens go into the chat rooms. Though i did go in there a number of times this past week and didn't really see any. Seems like we don't see many teens on the site in general anymore. Even when we did, though, they didn't use the forum much.