"Not by works" - false!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 21, 2020
yes you are

In your own words. You say we MUST TRY OUR BEST (work)

Whats funny is these two calvinists who seem to love defending you. do not believe trying our best is required for salvation either.. But since they HATE us for calling them out and questioning their belief also.. Well you know the old saying the enemy of my enemy is my freind.

You have yourself attacked others..

This is a lie. again you are bearing false witness..

Same could be said of you

When you continually refuse to listen to others. and continually say things about them which are nt true. You are ARGUING with them

when people try to get you to understand why they say certain things, and you keep getting mad at them, YOU ARE ARGUING.

What you are du=isplayingn here is called hypicrocy.. Your demanding others do something you refuse to do yourself.
@Sackcloth-N-Ashes
Yep you're right, Romans 1:32

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
“Why did you continue a life of sexual immorality and adultery? You knew what my word said, right?” “Yes, but I just wasn’t sanctified enough yet, and besides, some on CC encouraged me in my sin, so.”
What’s it like to be perfect? No seriously, inquiring minds want to know. And does being perfect mean God’s grace is beneath you?

E

eternally-gratefull

And they go around giving each other ‘thumbs up’ and ‘friendly‘ emoticons. It is Romans 1:32 on full display.
And you go around falsly accusing people, which is Romans 1 on display

you will not even acknowledge the accusations against you. Probably because you know them to be true.

There is nothing wring with you telling him it is sin

But after he acknowledged it was sin. For you to continue to DEMAND he acknowledge it was sin.. was in error.and in itself sin!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
yes you are

In your own words. You say we MUST TRY OUR BEST (work)

Whats funny is these two calvinists who seem to love defending you. do not believe trying our best is required for salvation either.. But since they HATE us for calling them out and questioning their belief also.. Well you know the old saying the enemy of my enemy is my freind.

You have yourself attacked others..

This is a lie. again you are bearing false witness..

Same could be said of you

When you continually refuse to listen to others. and continually say things about them which are nt true. You are ARGUING with them

when people try to get you to understand why they say certain things, and you keep getting mad at them, YOU ARE ARGUING.

What you are du=isplayingn here is called hypicrocy.. Your demanding others do something you refuse to do yourself.
How do you intertwine parts of someone’s post with a response of your own?

E

eternally-gratefull

“Why did you continue a life of sexual immorality and adultery? You knew what my word said, right?” “Yes, but I just wasn’t sanctified enough yet, and besides, some on CC encouraged me in my sin, so.”
Here we have a great example of what it looks like to mock other people.
Hypocrisy at its finest.

And you wonder why most people ignore anything you say.

You and you buddy have no understanding that you refuse to practice what you preach.. You demand others do what tyou yourselves refuse to do. .

Chester

May 23, 2016
Mistake #1: I’m not bragging about any sin but rather admitting it.

Mistake #2: I never said anything about taking the Lord’s Name in vain. I’m talking about four, eight and twelve letter words.

Mistake #3: it doesn’t matter what you think of me; it only matters what God thinks of me, and God knows my heart. That said, I couldn’t care less where you stand.
So first an apology for not calling you the right name - Sorry, Lightskin! :)

Second, I have gathered some of your responses and what you have said (probably don't have all of them!)

I’m not bragging about any sin but rather admitting it.

I’ll type slowly so you can read it:
I care about what God says. I’ve already stated that on numerous occasions.

I try every day to be more Christ-like, and God knows this. But again I say to those who lack faith in God’s grace, (not you) it is not what we do but rather what Christ has done.

I’m the tax collector in Luke 18. Sorry you have a problem with that because God doesn’t.

I take that at face value and praise the Lord - you are bold and brave to admit sin.

I am wondering what you are planning to do about the sin of sleeping with your girlfriend, though? I am not OK with that. It is a sin!

E

eternally-gratefull

They mock God’s word. Mocking me is the least of their problems.
You mock Gods word. and his church

By doing what you did today, in continually asking for a guy to admit a sin, which he ALREADY ADMITTED WAS A SIN.. is proof of this

Dec 28, 2016
What’s it like to be perfect? No seriously, inquiring minds want to know. And does being perfect mean God’s grace is beneath you?
The point isn’t about perfection, its that you smugly live in sin and are blatantly unrepentant, and give notice you will continue said path. But don’t worry, your pals will tell you it’ll be alright.

Dec 28, 2016
And yet his name is preacher4truth. But he won’t acknowledge the truth of his sinful nature regarding his hypocrisy.
You know what a person is called who has another on ignore, but slanders them, and calls them names at the same time? A coward. :)

Apr 21, 2020
This is the problem I have with how this thread is going:

Be careful, otherwise you'll find yourself going round in circles.

These people wish to rebuke me for preaching a 'salvation by works' gospel, even though I'm not.
Despite the thread title, I've clarified this repeatedly, but these people keep asking the same questions.

Their persistence has even manifested in personal attacks at times.

As you're now finding out, these people do not think Christians should keep God's commandments.
If you tell them that we should keep God's commandments, they accuse you of preaching 'salvation by works'.

Then, if you point out that they're going round in circles and twisting what you're saying, they accuse you of bearing false witness.

They accuse you of not answering questions, yet if you ask them a question they sidestep.

These people are not out to listen and understand, they are out to argue.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
You mock Gods word. and his church

By doing what you did today, in continually asking for a guy to admit a sin, which he ALREADY ADMITTED WAS A SIN.. is proof of this
Have you ever noticed that murderers, cheaters, swindlers as well as a slew of other people guilty of other forms of sin are forgiven, but not fornicators. Fornicators are hated buy those who often forgive others of other sins. Interesting.