"Not by works" - false!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

How do you intertwine parts of someone’s post with a response of your own?
two ways

Highlight the part you want to respond, And click the button next to the smiley face button on the right side, and click "quote"

the other is to split the part out. And put [ quote ] (no spaces) part of response you are responding to and end it with [ /quote ] (no spaces)

Apr 21, 2020
two ways

Highlight the part you want to respond, And click the button next to the smiley face button on the right side, and click "quote"

the other is to split the part out. And put [ quote ] (no spaces) part of response you are responding to and end it with [ /quote ] (no spaces)
Actually I've been wondering the same - thanks :)

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
You know what a person is called who has another on ignore, but slanders them, and calls them names at the same time? A coward. :)
You know what a person is called who would never in a million years confront me to my face and mock me to my face the way you mocked me on the Internet? A coward. 😊

E

eternally-gratefull

You know what a person is called who has another on ignore, but slanders them, and calls them names at the same time? A coward. :)
Stating the truth from someone is not being cawardly

I have you on ignore because it is a waste of time to try to sdiscuss anything with you

In your view

You are right

Everyone else is wrong

and whoever does not agree with you. Just like above. You mock and attack them.. I guess it makes you feel better

ps.. do you wish to share some sins you struggle with? My brther did. Because he is humb,e can you share some of yours??

Oct 25, 2018
Yep. Wonder can they show us one verse to support their being complicit to the encouragement to carry on in sin, willful sin?
Here’s the key words you posited in your above post, willful sin. Christians sin. I sin. I know I sin way too much. That’s why I need His grace every second of my life. That’s why I need a constant reminder of His gospel. But our sins are not willful sin. We don’t go out looking to sin, either. I’m not saying Christians won’t/can’t/won’t commit adultery/fornication. But they won’t do it over and over and over again.

E

eternally-gratefull

This is the problem I have with how this thread is going:
I have one problem with this thread.

You state that the thought that salvation by faith in christ alone is incomplete

and the fact you said we must try our best if we want to be saved.

But it seems you do not wish to discuss those things.. Because everytime someone sasks you a question concerning them, You gp in circles

E

eternally-gratefull

You know what a person is called who would never in a million years confront me to my face and mock me to my face the way you mocked me on the Internet? A coward. 😊
I could see him actually be like the pharisee and call you out in person

They have no issues calling other people out.. It helps them feel better about their own sins

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
So first an apology for not calling you the right name - Sorry, Lightskin! :)

Second, I have gathered some of your responses and what you have said (probably don't have all of them!)

I’m not bragging about any sin but rather admitting it.

I’ll type slowly so you can read it:
I care about what God says. I’ve already stated that on numerous occasions.

I try every day to be more Christ-like, and God knows this. But again I say to those who lack faith in God’s grace, (not you) it is not what we do but rather what Christ has done.

I’m the tax collector in Luke 18. Sorry you have a problem with that because God doesn’t.

I take that at face value and praise the Lord - you are bold and brave to admit sin.

I am wondering what you are planning to do about the sin of sleeping with your girlfriend, though? I am not OK with that. It is a sin!
Thanks for moving me to tears, man. LOL. I’m not being sarcastic; that’s from the heart. And for the record, my girlfriend and I have spoken about our indiscretion and praying about it.

That said, we do not live together and will never do so until we are married. But there are definitely a few other kinks to work out before that takes place. 😎

Dec 28, 2016
First, I didn’t mock you. Secondly I’d meet you face to face anytime. Not a hint of coward in me.:)

E

eternally-gratefull

Here’s the key words you posited in your above post, willful sin. Christians sin. I sin. I know I sin way too much. That’s why I need His grace every second of my life. That’s why I need a constant reminder of His gospel. But our sins are not willful sin. We don’t go out looking to sin, either. I’m not saying Christians won’t/can’t/won’t commit adultery/fornication. But they won’t do it over and over and over again.
here we go

His sin is not willfull

He makes mistakes. He makes oopsies.

He has NO sins that he continually does.. Even though if we looked at all mankind from Gods eyes. We woudl KNOW this is not true of anyone.. Even paul. Who struggled with pride his whole life. admitted to this..

Apr 3, 2019
Be careful, otherwise you'll find yourself going round in circles.

These people wish to rebuke me for preaching a 'salvation by works' gospel, even though I'm not.
You are not being rebuked for that you were being challenged.

As you're now finding out, these people do not think Christians should keep God's commandments.
You were asked repeatedly for over 20 odd pages what commandments and refused to answer.

Your behavior seems to indicate you have replaced a living conscience with what you understand to be God's commandments thus making the living words a dead letter.

These people are not out to listen and understand, they are out to argue.
The reason you started this and other threads such as "rebuke false doctrine" is you want to argue you are right and demand others listen to you.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thanks for moving me to tears, man. LOL. I’m not being sarcastic; that’s from the heart. And for the record, my girlfriend and I have spoken about our indiscretion and praying about it.

That said, we do not live together and will never do so until we are married. But there are definitely a few other kinks to work out before that takes place. 😎
One thing that helped me is we never put ourselves in position that we could fall.. Because if we did. We would always fall.. Just a suggestion, not a command Bro..

Dec 28, 2016
Huge difference in falling into a besetting sin, and announcing we will continue in it, then receiving encouragement to do so by a coward. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Huge difference in falling into a besetting sin, and announcing we will continue in it, then receiving encouragement to do so by a coward. :)
Who is encouraging who?

Are you so insecure you have to belittle and attack others to make yourself look better?

And is it not more humble to admit you still struggle with it. or lie and say your not going to do it again. And then get caught in a lie?

E

eternally-gratefull

well if nothing else. the room now knows why I have a certain P4T on ignore. Not just here but in 2 different chat rooms

He calls me a coward.. Yet I have shown I have no problem call him out..

His arrogance is second to none.

Apr 21, 2020
Who is encouraging who?

Are you so insecure you have to belittle and attack others to make yourself look better?

And is it not more humble to admit you still struggle with it. or lie and say your not going to do it again. And then get caught in a lie?
We all still sin, myself included.

I ask God for help with this, and I would like to think other Christians do too.

But we also have a duty to eachother to help eachother stop sinning.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/confronting_sins

If you could help me stop sinning, I would want your help.

I think that's all that's being said here.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
The point isn’t about perfection, its that you smugly live in sin and are blatantly unrepentant, and give notice you will continue said path. But don’t worry, your pals will tell you it’ll be alright.
I love the fact that you are condemned by your own judgmental words. If you want to learn something today, read what Chester has written about me in post #831, then look at your own heart.

That said, I doubt you have the minerals to mock me to my face. But I guess we’ll never truly know. In the meantime I’ll just sit back and enjoy your internet tough guy persona. Don’t forget, post #831.