"Not by works" - false!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

by the way, When did calvinism support that thought that salvation by grace alone is a false gospel. and that if we want to be saved we must "try our best"

Will out two cowards who love to call me out. yet have not responded to a thing I said answer this?

Oct 25, 2018
here we go

His sin is not willfull

He makes mistakes. He makes oopsies.

He has NO sins that he continually does.. Even though if we looked at all mankind from Gods eyes. We woudl KNOW this is not true of anyone.. Even paul. Who struggled with pride his whole life. admitted to this..
So, him sleeping with a lady out of wedlock is not a willful sin? Wow.

None of us make mistakes or oopsies. Call it what it is, sin.

E

eternally-gratefull

We all still sin, myself included.

I ask God for help with this, and I would like to think other Christians do too.

But we also have a duty to eachother to help eachother stop sinning.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/confronting_sins

If you could help me stop sinning, I would want your help.

I think that's all that's being said here.
I would have given you a heart. But I do not think openly calling out someone on a public christian chat is scriptural

Now if you wanted to private chat him and try to show him brother love (not judgment), I have no problem with this.. As this is what God told us to do in the first place.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
well if nothing else. the room now knows why I have a certain P4T on ignore. Not just here but in 2 different chat rooms

He calls me a coward.. Yet I have shown I have no problem call him out..

His arrogance is second to none.
He calls you a coward; God calls you a son. You’re in good company, bro.

E

eternally-gratefull

I never said it was not sin did I, Nor has he now has he

So then why did you say there is a difference IF you do it and if he does it?

your correct. both were wilful sins

You do not just accidently have sex with a lady not your wife.

E

EleventhHour

If you’re sleeping with your girlfriend, getting drunk, etc., apparently you don’t.
This is why your dogma does not really believe in once saved always saved....only to the point of correct behavior is the person saved.

E

eternally-gratefull

He calls you a coward; God calls you a son. You’re in good company, bro.
I could care less what he thinks, I stopped worrying about that along time ago when I realized what type of person he was.

Apr 21, 2020
I would have given you a heart. But I do not think openly calling out someone on a public christian chat is scriptural

Now if you wanted to private chat him and try to show him brother love (not judgment), I have no problem with this.. As this is what God told us to do in the first place.
I think we are in agreement, but I think one of the things that has led to an explosion of posts on this thread is the conflation of confronting sin and judging someone on their sin.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
You know what a person is called who has another on ignore, but slanders them, and calls them names at the same time? A coward. :)
Sackcloth gave you a thumbs up immediately after condemning others as being guilty of what is found in Romans 1:32 because of giving thumbs up. 😆😆😆

Dec 28, 2016
I doubt you have the minerals to mock me to my face. But I guess we’ll never truly know. .
One more time, I didn’t mock you. You’d know if I did. Now, care to show me where you think I mocked you? All you’re doing is punching a straw man behind a keyboard. You sound tough though. Where’d you say you live at? :)

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Who is encouraging who?

Are you so insecure you have to belittle and attack others to make yourself look better?

And is it not more humble to admit you still struggle with it. or lie and say your not going to do it again. And then get caught in a lie?
Jesus answers your question; Luke 18:14.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
One more time, I didn’t mock you. You’d know if I did. Now, care to show me where you think I mocked you? All you’re doing is punching a straw man behind a keyboard. You sound tough though. Where’d you say you live at? :)
Okay preacher, I do not hesitate apologizing when I am wrong. I see your responses over the last half hour as being mockery. If I am wrong I apologize. I don’t think I’m wrong but a sincere apology is due to you by me if I am indeed wrong. On another note, I live in New Jersey (Exit 9) 😎

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

Thank God it’s a lady and not a dude. I could hardly imagine the judgmental arrows you’d be throwing around on that one.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Thanks for moving me to tears, man. LOL. I’m not being sarcastic; that’s from the heart. And for the record, my girlfriend and I have spoken about our indiscretion and praying about it.

That said, we do not live together and will never do so until we are married. But there are definitely a few other kinks to work out before that takes place. 😎
Wow! Now that is quite the man! You have gotten raked over the coals from every side - and come through with this open clear admission. Many claim to be humble, but you excel them all!

And only because of your attitude will I say this - you might not get this because you obviously have a different background and exposure to course, rough language than I do.

Post # 809 you called me a "punk" - I looked it up and it means a "worthless person" - I am now assuming you did not mean that. But, nonetheless it made me cry to be called such a name - I am just not used to that sort of language! So I think what I want to say is that your "cussing" may hurt more people than you are aware of.

But if you promise to not cuss, I would really like for you to come onto my property and witness to my children. Several of them are struggling and I think some interaction with you may show them some godliness.

And, do get that worked out with your girlfriend . . . LOL! :) (y)