"Not by works" - false!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 21, 2020
Thank God it’s a lady and not a dude. I could hardly imagine the judgmental arrows you’d be throwing around on that one.
Lets not get into a discussion about 'degrees of sin', or which sins are worse.

Sin is sin.

Dec 28, 2016
Okay preacher, I do not hesitate apologizing when I am wrong. I see your responses over the last half hour as being mockery. If I am wrong I apologize. I don’t think I’m wrong but a sincere apology is due to you by me if I am indeed wrong. On another note, I live in New Jersey (Exit 9) 😎
One last time; I didn’t mock you. Now where’s that apology?

Exit 9? East Brunswick? Under the bridge? Been awhile since I’ve been to the Cape but I’ll be out that way September 11th. :)

Dec 28, 2016
Thank God it’s a lady and not a dude. I could hardly imagine the judgmental arrows you’d be throwing around on that one.
I’d like to make a respectable suggestion to you my friend; get more theology from Scripture, you’re getting way more here from a coward and others. Yes, of course, it feels good they have your back. But guess what?

They’re wrong my man.

Now, go seek out 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and the counterpart in Ephesians 5. Then read 1 John.

Spend more time in the word than on here, you will change, and so will your online pals for doing so, and you’ll be better off. If they or you balk at this, well, that’s telling. Just a suggestion.

Apr 3, 2019
Lets not get into a discussion about 'degrees of sin', or which sins are worse.

Sin is sin.
Not so:

(John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.)

Apr 21, 2020
I’d like to make a respectable suggestion to you my friend; get more theology from Scripture, you’re getting way more here from a coward and others. Yes, of course, it feels good they have your back. But guess what?

They’re wrong my man.

Now, go seek out 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and the counterpart in Ephesians 5. Then read 1 John.

Spend more time in the word than on here, you will change, and so will your online pals for doing so, and you’ll be better off. If they or you balk at this, well, that’s telling. Just a suggestion.
1 Romans 32
"Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them".

There are some people who clearly don't think that Christians should keep God's commandments.
Suggest that we should keep God's commandments, and they'll accuse you of preaching 'salvation by works'.

Dec 28, 2016
1 Romans 32
"Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them".

There are some people who clearly don't think that Christians should keep God's commandments.
Suggest that we should keep God's commandments, and they'll accuse you of preaching 'salvation by works'.
Keeping. Have you looked up the definition? By the way, the keeping is a descriptive term, not prescriptive. It describes, it isn’t prescribing.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017

They’re wrong my man.

Dear @Lightskin ...
I have to agree with @preacher4truth here on these Scriptures he has asked you to read...
I love you as my brother in Christ , and no matter what anyone says , the Word of God is the truth , and the truth will set you free...
Sent to you with love...
...xox...

Apr 3, 2019
1 Romans 32
You need to read the context:

(Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers)

(Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents)

(Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful)

(Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.)

(Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things)

(Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things)

(Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?)

I don't see anyone here claiming they are haters of God etc. Read 2:1, 2:3.

Dec 28, 2016
Dear @Lightskin ...
I have to agree with @preacher4truth here on these Scriptures he has asked you to read...
I love you as my brother in Christ , and no matter what anyone says , the Word of God is the truth , and the truth will set you free...
Sent to you with love...
...xox...
Thank you Sis, blessings!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Wow! Now that is quite the man! You have gotten raked over the coals from every side - and come through with this open clear admission. Many claim to be humble, but you excel them all!

And only because of your attitude will I say this - you might not get this because you obviously have a different background and exposure to course, rough language than I do.

Post # 809 you called me a "punk" - I looked it up and it means a "worthless person" - I am now assuming you did not mean that. But, nonetheless it made me cry to be called such a name - I am just not used to that sort of language! So I think what I want to say is that your "cussing" may hurt more people than you are aware of.

But if you promise to not cuss, I would really like for you to come onto my property and witness to my children. Several of them are struggling and I think some interaction with you may show them some godliness.

And, do get that worked out with your girlfriend . . . LOL! :) (y)
I learned in the military not to make excuses for my actions, so it is without proper excuse that I called you that name. I simply thought you were mocking my username and was meeting you on a level where I thought you were.

Where I come from the word punk means tough guy wannabe. I would never call you or anyone else a useless person because one is outside the grasp of God’s grace. I am truly sorry for hurting you as I did and give you my word never to do so again.

As for your children, may they see the harshness of my initial tone and the sincerity of my love and apologetic heart. It would be pretty awesome if God were to use me to witness to them regarding the strengths and weaknesses we individual Christians have. ❤️

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

They’re wrong my man.

Will do. 😎

Oct 25, 2018
This is why your dogma does not really believe in once saved always saved....only to the point of correct behavior is the person saved.
I don’t hold to once saved always saved. It teaches that no matter what one does, they’re still saved. Look like the world, act like the world, and all is gravy. I believe in eternal security which teaches the saved sin, but don’t live in sin. OSAS teaches they can live and act like the world. ES doesn’t teach that.

Oct 25, 2018
Some of these people would roasting David on a spit by the sounds of it.
David sinned. When confronted by Nathan, he no longer committed adultery or murdered. Yet the one you’re defending says he is STILL having intercourse with his girlfriend. One repented, the other one hasn’t.

Apr 2, 2020
The division in threads like these demonstrate the error that Luther had in "faith alone," though to judge such a doctrine based on today wouldn't be prudent. At the time the reformers were spelling out the doctrine of faith alone they were doing so in the context of the church's teachings on purgatory and the pope having sole access to Christ's 'treasury of merit.' However, Calvin and other reformers created an error when rather than disposing of the idea of merit factoring into salvation applied this same idea of vicarious merit to all believers. We are judged on our deeds and salvation does not absolve us of culpability for the things we do wrong. To argue that we are saved apart from anything we do, and in fact in spite of it, is to turn God's justice into a joke and make it something wholly mysterious as it does not have any resemblance to common conceptions of justice.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Paul still followed the law

Acts 21:24
take these men and purify yourself along with them and pay their expenses, so that they may shave their heads. Thus all will know at there is nothing in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself also live in observance of the law.
This actually got Paul in trouble...he did this to satisfy James advice because too many were saying that Paul was teaching men not to follow the law of Moses and since Paul was getting ready to speak in the temple in Jerusalem, James was worried and felt if Paul followed the laws of Purification (which should have been a clear no no for anyone under CHRIST´S COVERING understanding that it is in CHRIST alone that we are washed and justified to begin with)....

This cost Paul a beating and getting thrown out of the temple...

ANd...He never finished his period of purification, which he should never have agreed to do to begin with...

E

eternally-gratefull

They’re wrong my man.

You sir are reported.

and Before you try to tell others what they should do.l

maybe practice what you preach