Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

loverofjesus27

Romans 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance

:unsure:

ephesians 2
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

for the .....gifts... and calling of God are .......without .....repentance

by grace are ye saved through faith .....and that not of yourselves..... it is the gift of God:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

"gift.....of God...without...repentance...":unsure:

guys......

maybe

nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

nevermind

i was thinkin of somethin then lost it

my bad

i thought maybe salvation was a gift of God...... and..... and wouldnt that mean?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

This is so pretty...C:

T

theanointedsinner

repent, mean's ... well, I'm still working on it

and even if I can boast about it, 1 Cor 12:10 - if you think you are standing firm, be careful do not fall

T

theanointedsinner

although I'm a sinner, may I be thankful for God who anointed me on the day of salvation

for those who criticize my username through their unveiled eyes
Gal 1:10 - 10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Fleas are an evil abomination straight from the pits of Hades, and must be annihilated!!!! :mad::mad:

Warrior kitty draws her mighty sword and beheads all evil fleas.. :p(y)

Evil abominations vanquished.. you're welcome.. Laughing.png

Warrior Kitty.png

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
although I'm a sinner, may I be thankful for God who anointed me on the day of salvation

for those who criticize my username through their unveiled eyes
Gal 1:10 - 10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Yes we are it is true.
1John2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Sorry that’s not what John 10:28 says.

John 10:28 starts with the word “and”, because verse 28 is the result of obeying verse 27

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28

Sheep who hear, which means to listen with the intent to obey, and follow him and know Him will inherit eternal life.

Those sheep who stop hearing and wander away and become lost are not promised the same thing.

Does anyone understand that a sheep who becomes lost, needs to be found in order to be saved on the Day of Judgement?

4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.
Luke 15:4-7

• likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Lost = Sinner in need of repentance in order to be reconciled to God.
Dead to God.

Found = Reconciled to God.

Wake Up.

Read the Bible.

JPT

And they follow me; our practical sanctification; works cannot save you, a very hard lesson for you to learn. "And" we shall never parish. So what do you not understand about the words, "Never and Perish"

You are promoting a self-righteous "save yourself" counterfeit gospel; no wonder you have no eternal security,

Repent and Believe the Gospel

John10:25-30
25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.
27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
30I and the Father are one.”

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Works done for the sole purpose of gaining, keeping and maintaining salvation, are also dead and in vain..

I AGREE!

Romans 4:3-5 (NIV)
3 What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
4 Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation.
5 However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

T

theanointedsinner

wherever God may lead me, I shall pick up inspiration on the way, perhaps put this verse on my profile description page or something, or even change my signature
Yes we are it is true.
1John2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

T

theanointedsinner

Woe to many who have to work really hard at believing that "faith is not works"

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
"Not By Works" If works could save you then our Lord and Savior did die in vain. The self-righteous bunch who think their proud works will save them better think twice.

A Sermon By: Charles Spurgeon

I WANT to call your special attention to the fact that we are saved by grace alone, not by works and grace. A great many people think that they can be saved by works. Others think that salvation may be attained by works and grace together. They need to have their eyes opened to see that the gift of God is free and apart from works. ” For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, "it is the gift of God." Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Many people would put it thus: “For, "by your works" are ye saved,–or by your tears, or your prayers, or your fastings, or your trials, or your good resolutions, or your money! ” But Paul tells us plainly that it is “not of works, lest any man should boast.” If we could be saved by works, then of course Christ’s mission to this world was a mistake. There was no need for Him to come.

L

loverofjesus27

They grind it so bad. You gotta make everyone believe.

T

theanointedsinner

They grind it so bad. You gotta make everyone believe.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone? (Ecc 4:11)

^yes, I have to think of Ecc, chasing after the wind, nothing new under the sun, yep, yep, yep

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Romans 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance

:unsure:

ephesians 2
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

for the .....gifts... and calling of God are .......without .....repentance

by grace are ye saved through faith .....and that not of yourselves..... it is the gift of God:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

"gift.....of God...without...repentance...":unsure:

guys......

maybe

nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

nevermind

i was thinkin of somethin then lost it

my bad

i thought maybe salvation was a gift of God...... and..... and wouldnt that mean?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Okay, but remember Satan will give COUNTERFEIT GIFTS, if that is all it talks to get your eyes off JESUS, focusing instead on the experience. Obvious it is not talking about GOD's Gift of SALVATION, because GOD HAS NOTHING TO REPENT ABOUT. HOWEVER, their is a movement where everything that seems miraculous is of GOD. People have forgotten that Satan and his Demons, can do miracles too.

Koundalini Awakening in the Church

T

theanointedsinner

real - x = fake
Jesus - what? = satanic counterfeit

reality - what? = illusions

wow, dangerous

T

theanointedsinner

it's hard or nearly impossible to change people's mind to the truth just by truth alone, hence truth has minimal influence

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Ephesians 5:3-14 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU with empty words, for because of such things GOD'S WRATH COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT. Therefore do not be partners with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: “Wake up, O sleeper, RISE FROM THE DEAD, and Christ will shine on you.”

Revelation 3:1-3 To the Church in Sardis “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but YOU ARE DEAD . Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; OBEY IT, AND REPENT. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD.

"...LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR." (Romans 3:3-4)

N

NoNameMcgee

Okay, but remember Satan will give COUNTERFEIT GIFTS, if that is all it talks to get your eyes off JESUS, focusing instead on the experience. Obvious it is not talking about GOD's Gift of SALVATION, because GOD HAS NOTHING TO REPENT ABOUT. HOWEVER, their is a movement where everything that seems miraculous is of GOD. People have forgotten that Satan and his Demons, can do miracles too.

vco

maybe you misunderstood my post?

im not talking about some fake gift from satan

im talking about the gift from God

salvation

He doesnt "ungive" this or change His mind

N

NoNameMcgee

ohhhhhh i see now

you werent addressing me

but the subject of "gift" in general and making a statement to point at the differences between a gift from our Father or the enemy

my bad lol

i too have seen many very deep in error boasting of "gifts" calling others without their "gifts" unsaved

its ridiculous