Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Do you believe a brother or sister can wander from the truth, and become lost?.....
J...,
The OSAS believer is one of the most pitiful deceptions of The Bible imaginable and will send many to eternal damnation.

The most salient point is to accept that belief........ one must negate G-d's authority to pass judgement on our righteous earthly life after we die. That, in addition to violating several other clear scriptures against such belief.
It is pure apostasy to think that way and render G-d's authority/judgement...nil.

I doubt He appreciates that.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
If God gave you a dream in which He gave you a vision of the winning lottery ticket, and you went and purchased a lottery ticket and sure enough it was a winner, you would now have a winning lottery ticket, and the hope of receiving the money from the winning lottery ticket. JPT
God does not save us by "winning numbers", He saves us by grace through faith in the blood sacrifice of His dear Son Jesus Christ.

Repent and believe the Gospel

Dec 12, 2013
d....,
You are mixing elements.
Please add....providing that I .....maintain until the end.

Now you got it.
Not hardly....like I said, what a weak, inept God you serve....that above view tied to salvation is not fund in scripture...only the false religions that teach the lie it can be lost or forfeit....

Dec 12, 2013
If God gave you a dream in which He gave you a vision of the winning lottery ticket, and you went and purchased a lottery ticket and sure enough it was a winner, you would now have a winning lottery ticket, and the hope of receiving the money from the winning lottery ticket.

As long as you have the winning lottery ticket, by default you do not have the money, but the hope of receiving the money when you arrive at the destination where you will receive the money in exchange for the winning lottery ticket.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

If we have faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, then by default we have not yet received the salvation of our soul yet.

Like the winning lottery ticket, we first must actually obey what the Lord told us in the vision, His message to us, which is to purchase the winning lottery ticket.

This is when we obtain the end result [winning the money] by faith: obedience in response to what God speaks to us.

They announce the ticket numbers and you see that you have the winning lottery ticket.

The end result of your faith to obey the heavenly word is to receive the money that the winning ticket represents.

The winning ticket is not the actual money, but represents the money you will receive when you reach the destination where they have the money.

You must arrive their with the winning lottery ticket.

Can you throw away the ticket, because you simple do not believe anymore?

Can you get lost along the way.

If someone convinces you to trade the winning lottery ticket for a bag of "magic beans" that are claimed to bring you something better, and you agree. Do you still have the winning lottery ticket?

If someone threatens to kill you if you don't tear up the ticket and throw it away: Do you still have the lottery ticket?

If you arrive at the destination where they will give you the money for the ticket, and you have no ticket, can you honestly expect to receive the money that the ticket once represented?

Peter says it this way -

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:6-9

• that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ

• receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

The end result of a life of faith, is to receive the salvation that we hope for when He returns.

• He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:27-28

JPT
Sorry.....if is a losing Game....these things are written that you may KNOW.....

Dec 12, 2013
God does not save us by "winning numbers", He saves us by grace through faith in the blood sacrifice of His dear Son Jesus Christ.

Repent and believe the Gospel
These I can lose my salvation religionists must come up with all sorts of worldly scenarios of failure to support their false gospels....

Dec 12, 2013
Your merit based religion is misguided and will not save you. "We Hope" because we are not there yet "and the bible say's "hope does not disappoint."

Nice try at twisting God's Holy Book
He has no problem embellishing, twisting, chunking words, context and truth into the trash bin to support his theological failures.....exactly why I rarely if ever engage him.....his modus operandi for sure.....

Dec 12, 2013
So you are saying that your interpretation is something like this:

Because I do not believe in OSAS (eternal security), my Bible that teaches me"drivel". I have a Jesus who is a "weak, inept liar".
I have a "weak, ineffectual god" and I am devaluing God's promises and power and I "WILL PAY THE PRICE".

I guess that means you think I don't serve the same God you do and I am going to hell?? Am I understanding right what you are saying?
No, the bible has the truth, is the truth and points to the God of power and might....you're just missing the boat due to the false ideology that you twist and wrest out of the bible....

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
B...,
Our compliance with all His commandments...not just the ten.
What are all his commandments?
Hi Preston.

I can't see a response to the above based on my question below regards salvation.

So when God judges us with regards to salvation what will he judge us on in order to spend eternity with him?
You said compliance with all his commandments not just the 10.

So what are the others over the 10?
If you have responded then I apologize and ask that you direct me to your response.

If not would you are to respond the question please.

Ta

Bill

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
J...,
The OSAS believer is one of the most pitiful deceptions of The Bible imaginable and will send many to eternal damnation.

The most salient point is to accept that belief........ one must negate G-d's authority to pass judgement on our righteous earthly life after we die. That, in addition to violating several other clear scriptures against such belief.
It is pure apostasy to think that way and render G-d's authority/judgement...nil.

What's your thoughts based on the bold above with the emphasis on OUR with regards to the following

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written:
“There is none righteous, no, not one;

Ecclesiastes 7:20
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good
And does not sin.

Romans 3:19-20
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Martin Luther comments on Romans 3:11, “This statement pertains both to those who manifestly do not seek God as well as to those who seek Him or rather think they are seeking Him, because they do not seek Him in the way in which He wishes to be sought and discovered, namely, through faith, in humility, and not through their own wisdom and presumption.” Let us not confuse the search for the Creator’s benefits with the search for the Creator. For which are you searching? (No my work)

Romans 3:11
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.

Romans 3:21-22

God’s Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

1 Corinthians 1:30-31
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

Oops the word sanctification is in the bible.

1:29–31 God uses what is considered foolish and despised in this world to reveal His truth, so that He alone will receive the glory. Otherwise, the powerful would boast that they had found the truth. Instead, God sent His Son to become a humble carpenter and to die in the most despicable way, on a cross. Jesus’ life and death reveals God and His wisdom. Since Christ not only imparts wisdom but also righteousness, the Christian cannot boast, except in the Lord. (NKJV study notes)

OSAS proponents are called greasy gracers and leading people to hell as you infer actually believe in sanctification.

Yes they believe in good works, works that follow, works prepared for us to walk in.

Jeremiah 23:6
6 And this will be his name:
‘The Lord Is Our Righteousness.’
In that day Judah will be saved,
and Israel will live in safety.

So what? The equation is simple. If God requires perfect righteousness and perfect holiness to survive His perfect judgment, then we are left with a serious problem. Either we rest our hope in our own righteousness, which is altogether inadequate, or we flee to another’s righteousness, an alien righteousness, a righteousness not our own inherently. The only place such perfect righteousness can be found is in Christ — that is the good news of the Gospel. Subtract this element of alien righteousness that God “counts” or “imputes” for us, and we have no biblical Gospel at all. Without imputation, the Gospel becomes “another gospel,” and such a “gospel” brings nothing but the anathema of God.

With the righteousness of Christ promised to us by faith, we have the hope of our salvation. We become numbered among those blessed to whom the Lord does not impute sin (Rom. 4:8). RC Sproul

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Not hardly....like I said, what a weak, inept God you serve....that above view tied to salvation is not fund in scripture...only the false religions that teach the lie it can be lost or forfeit....

d...,

I believe you mean well but, we must abide by scriptures. You are wrong.
Here are some that proves the point...there are many more;

1. Enduring to the End - ensign - lds.org
    www.lds.org/ensign/1993/10/enduring-to-the-end
    Thus, to endure is to continue in the path we adopted at baptism by keeping our commitments to Christ, until the end of our mortal life. Usually the scriptures link “enduring to the end” with keeping one’s covenants with Christ.
  2. Matthew 24:13 But the one who perseveres to the end will ...
    biblehub.com/matthew/24-13.htm
    Matthew 24:13 Verse (Click for ... But whoever will persevere until the end will have life. GOD'S WORD® Translation But the person who endures to the end will be saved. New American Standard 1977 “But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. Jubilee Bible 2000 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. King James 2000 Bible But he that shall endure unto the ...

3. Tt

'

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
J...,

Like I said, you do NOT understand what OSAS actually TEACHES.

By the way, WHERE IS YOUR LOVE?

1 John 4:7-16 (HCSB)
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
8 The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
9 God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him.
10 Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another.
12 No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us.
13 This is how we know that we remain in Him and He in us: He has given ⌊assurance⌋ to us from His Spirit.
14 And we have seen and we testify that the Father has sent His Son as the world’s Savior.
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God—God remains in him and he in God.
16 And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
timed out......

Osas usurps G-d's stated authority to judge us after physical death. I doubt He appreciates that.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
d...,

I believe you mean well but, we must abide by scriptures. You are wrong.
Here are some that proves the point...there are many more;

1. Enduring to the End - ensign - lds.org
    www.lds.org/ensign/1993/10/enduring-to-the-end
    Thus, to endure is to continue in the path we adopted at baptism by keeping our commitments to Christ, until the end of our mortal life. Usually the scriptures link “enduring to the end” with keeping one’s covenants with Christ.
  2. Matthew 24:13 But the one who perseveres to the end will ...
    biblehub.com/matthew/24-13.htm
    Matthew 24:13 Verse (Click for ... But whoever will persevere until the end will have life. GOD'S WORD® Translation But the person who endures to the end will be saved. New American Standard 1977 “But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. Jubilee Bible 2000 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. King James 2000 Bible But he that shall endure unto the ...

3. Tt

'
Why are you quoting LDS, aka Mormons given that you are a Hebrew Christian?

Oct 31, 2015
Your merit based religion is misguided and will not save you. "We Hope" because we are not there yet "and the bible say's "hope does not disappoint."

Nice try at twisting God's Holy Book

eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
Romans 2:7

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
J...,

You can easily know them by their wicked nasty fruit.

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
Sorry.....if is a losing Game....these things are written that you may KNOW.....

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:6-9

• that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ

• receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

The end result of a life of faith, is to receive the salvation that we hope for when He returns.

• He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:27-28

JPT

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
1 Timothy 6 : 20-21
20 Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is FALSELY CALLED KNOWLEDGE
21 which some have professed and in so doing HAVE WANDERED FROM THE FAITH.
Grace be with you.

1 Timothy 6 : 3-5
3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,
4 he is conceited and UNDERSTANDS NOTHING. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been ROBBED OF THE TRUTH, who thinks that godliness is a means to financial gain.