Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
There will be many people at the judgment who were trusting in their born-again status that assured them a place in heaven without having to do anything else except believe. These nominal Christians will be surprzed and will look to their pastors for help and not find it.

Many Christians will also think that their good works should have saved them. They too will be surprized.
*Christ's finished work of redemption is sufficient and complete to save believers. *No supplements needed (Romans 3:22-28). Those who are born again/genuine Christians do not look to their good works as the means of their salvation, but instead, trust exclusively in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation.

"Nominal" (in name only) Christians do not see authentic belief/faith in Christ as enough because they do not look to Christ's finished work of redemption as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation, but instead, look to their works as supplements to "help" save them. Either we are trusting 100% in Christ's finished work of redemption as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
you post huge walls of misunderstandings with your caps lock on then tie them to out of context verses

but you seem to ultimately believe

"men / women save themself through their own efforts"

.... even though so many have shown the truth to you

it's a shame man... it really is
20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. BE NOT HIGHMINDED, BUY FEAR: 21for if God spared not the natural branches, take heed LESTNUE ALSO SPARE NOT THEE. 22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF THOU CONTINUE in his goodness: OTHERWISE THOU ALSO SHALT BE CUT OFF.

14Wherefore he saith, AWAKE thou that sleepest, and ARISE FROM THE DEAD, and Christ shall give thee light.

11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to AWÀKE OUT OF SLEEP: FOR NOW IS OUR SALVATION NEARER THAN WHEN WE (FIRST) BELIEVED.

IT’S DISAPPOINTING TO LEARN THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE CHRISTIANS CLING OR TRUST MAN MADE DOCTRINES MORE THAN THE TRUTH IN THE SCRIPTURES.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

THESE SELF-PROCLAIMED CHRISTIANS WOULD REJECT GOD’S WORDS, LAWS AND COMMANDS TO DEFEND WHAT WAS TAUGHT TO THEM BY THEIR CHURCH LEADERS.

Mark 7:6-13 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you HYPOCRITES; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; THEIR TEACHINGS ARE BUT RULES TAUGHT BY MEN.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “YOU HAVE A FINE WAY OF SETTING ASIDE THE COMMANDS OF GOD in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who CURSES his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then YOU NO LONGER LET HIM DO ANYTHING for his father or mother. Thus YOU NULLIFY THE WORD OF GOD by your tradition that you have handed down. And YOU DO MANY THINGS LIKE THAT”

TO THEIR SHAME, THESE PEOPLE CLAIM TO KNOW GOD BUT BY THEIR ACTIONS THEY DENY HIM.( titus 1:16)

THEY CLAIM TO BE ETERNALLY SAVED ALTHOUGH THEY ARE DEAD IN THE EYES OF GOD (rev 3:1-6)

THEY NOT ONLY APPROVE OF THOSE WHO MOCK GOD AND TRAMPLED THE SON OF GOD UNDER FOOT.(psalms 49:13-15)

Hebrews 10:28-29 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

BUT THEY EVEN PRAISE THE ONE WHO CALLS JESUS “CURSED" WHILE MOCKING AND INSULTING THOSE WHO PROMOTE OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND HIS WORD THROUGH THE GOSPEL OF OUR SALVATION.

Isaiah 5:20-24 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for THEY HAVE REJECTED THE LAW OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY AND SPURNED THE WORD OF THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL..

“WOE TO THOSE WHO CALL JESUS “CURSED” AND TEACHES DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WORDS AND COMMANDS.”

2 John 1:5-11 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. ANY SUCH PERSON IS THE DECEIVER AND THE ANTICHRIST. Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

“GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED"

“LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.”

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
i TRULY BELIEVE, ALL JOKES ASIDE THAT IF WE 'COULD' BECOME UNSAVED IT COULD ONLY BE BY A DECISION OF OUR OWN ACCORD or else saved would lose it's meaning. It would take an act of spiritual suicide! Neither by accident or neglect could we do that, It would be like being un-rescued.

I try not to do this much but I must make up a parabel to explain, please bear with me. If the world was a sea and we were struggling to stay afloat. The sharks would be sin, the devil and they're out to get us. The good Admiral knew of our distress an sent his son the good captian, to get us and had to endure much peril and pain. But still threw us a rope and rescued us although we didn't deserve it. Do you think he'd over look the pain and sacrifice it took to rescue us and throw us overboard for infractions?" I doubt it. He knew all about what we'd do before he came and suffered so much for us. If we go overboard, we jumped off the ship. He will even try and save us again if we do. Jesus will never throw us to the Sharks [the devil] because we are lousy seamen, we were lousy to begin with! He rescued us any way. So if you can't understand that, I feel sorry for you.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to choose hell over salvation while the good capitan tied the spiritual rope of the holy spirit tied to draw us back if we do fall overboard!
You hit the target. If someone rejects Jesus, they unsave themselves. It only makes sense. Why would Jesus force anyone to come and live with him forever? So on ones own accord they make a choice to be saved or not.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
If one reads Romans 2:6-10 in isolation from the rest of the book of Romans, one might conclude that Paul was teaching salvation by works. However, as you read and study these passages, it is imperative to keep in mind that these verses do not describe how one becomes saved, but the way the saved conduct their lives. These workss done are the result of, not the means or basis of receiving salvation.

So patient continuance in well doing, seeking for glory, honor, and immortality; (vs. 7) is not at all set forth as the means of their procuring eternal life, but as a description of those to whom God does render life eternal.

*Notice that ALL who receive eternal life are described as such, everyone who does good (vs. 10). Good deeds flow from a heart that is saved and evil deeds flow from a heart that is unsaved. Verse 8 - but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness--indignation and wrath.

*Notice that ALL who do not receive eternal life are described as such, everyone who does evil (vs. 9). What those passages convey is that though our deeds are judged by God, it's not the good deeds themselves which are the basis or means of our salvation, but the type of deeds expose whether our heart was saved, or not. These deeds done out of faith are the fruit, not the root of salvation.

If Paul wanted to teach that we are saved by works, then he would have clearly stated that we are saved through faith and works in Ephesians 2:8 and that we are justified by faith and works in Romans 5:1 but that is clearly NOT what Paul said. Also see (Romans 4:4-6; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9 etc..).

In Romans 2:13, Paul was showing the self-righteous Jews who judged the Gentiles that they were not able to keep a perfect standard. *They were hypocrites. *This is why Paul tells us in the very next chapter in Romans 3:28 that we are justified by faith apart from the works of the Law. *No one is able to keep a perfect standard of the Law. *If you fail even once (stumble in one point), then you become guilty of it all.

James 2:10, “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.” Galatians 3:10, “For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

The Jews (and anyone else) can be justified before God by keeping the Law, but he or she has to be 100% perfect. *A person can’t fail even once--ever. *But all have failed (Romans 3:23; 6:23), that is why we must be justified before God by faith (Romans 3:24-28, 4:2-6; 5:1).
Again, Paul did not teach that we are saved by works because we are not saved by works.

But we can be damned because of a lack of good works.

Here is how it works. If you are a genuine believer, works will follow. So we know who is a genuine believer.

If works do not follow, then we know you are a make believer.

Therefore good works = believer. lack of good works - make believer.

Good works can not save you, but good works, being the sign of a believer and a sign of a non-believer can damn you.

Dec 12, 2013
i TRULY BELIEVE, ALL JOKES ASIDE THAT IF WE 'COULD' BECOME UNSAVED IT COULD ONLY BE BY A DECISION OF OUR OWN ACCORD or else saved would lose it's meaning. It would take an act of spiritual suicide! Neither by accident or neglect could we do that, It would be like being un-rescued.

I try not to do this much but I must make up a parabel to explain, please bear with me. If the world was a sea and we were struggling to stay afloat. The sharks would be sin, the devil and they're out to get us. The good Admiral knew of our distress an sent his son the good captian, to get us and had to endure much peril and pain. But still threw us a rope and rescued us although we didn't deserve it. Do you think he'd over look the pain and sacrifice it took to rescue us and throw us overboard for infractions?" I doubt it. He knew all about what we'd do before he came and suffered so much for us. If we go overboard, we jumped off the ship. He will even try and save us again if we do. Jesus will never throw us to the Sharks [the devil] because we are lousy seamen, we were lousy to begin with! He rescued us any way. So if you can't understand that, I feel sorry for you.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to choose hell over salvation while the good capitan tied the spiritual rope of the holy spirit tied to draw us back if we do fall overboard!
If we believe not "after belief" HE ABIDES FAITHFUL BECAUSE HE CANNOT DENY HIMSELF<---HIS BLOOD AND RIGHTEOUSNESS HAVE BEEN ETERNALLY APPLIED BY FAITH!

Dec 12, 2013
You hit the target. If someone rejects Jesus, they unsave themselves. It only makes sense. Why would Jesus force anyone to come and live with him forever? So on ones own accord they make a choice to be saved or not.
He did not say what you assume he said....and NO ONE CAN UNSAVE THEMSELVES....more ignorance from your man made religion!

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
No matter how many times James get yanked out of context to peddle a working for salvation like a street organ player with a dancing monkey in Calcutta it will NEVER EQUATE to a works based salvation....

Therefore we CONCLUDE that a man is justified by faith WITHOUT THE DEEDS/WORKS of the law.....

wake up pal...works don't save, keep saved, embellish salvation and or top off salvation and ALL who peddle it are peddling a false dogma with NO POWER TO SAVE.....!
All Sabbbatismos and I and James ever say is that your faith must be followed by good works, or you will prove yourself to be a make believer, because good works always follows a genuine faith. If you insist on calling that an embellishment, or a topper offer, you call it what you will, but the sign of a genuine faith is good works. (Not works of the law)

N

NoNameMcgee

All Sabbbatismos and I and James ever say is that your faith must be followed by good works, or you will prove yourself to be a make believer, because good works always follows a genuine faith. If you insist on calling that an embellishment, or a topper offer, you call it what you will, but the sign of a genuine faith is good works. (Not works of the law)
first of all

prove to who?

God doesnt need proof.....
so who will your works prove your faith to

second of all
how does this tie with your beliefs on baptism
:unsure:

you believe someone needs to get baptized in water to be saved

or do you believe that is proof they were already saved?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Again, Paul did not teach that we are saved by works because we are not saved by works.

But we can be damned because of a lack of good works.

Here is how it works. If you are a genuine believer, works will follow. So we know who is a genuine believer.

If works do not follow, then we know you are a make believer.

Therefore good works = believer. lack of good works - make believer.

Good works can not save you, but good works, being the sign of a believer and a sign of a non-believer can damn you.
PLENTY OF UN BELIEVERS DO GOOD WORKS. Ghandi, Chief Joseph, The Marharishi, The Budda, the list goes on and on. There is the plasebo effect. Roughly 20% of people that have faith in doctors and medicine. get well world wide. Hence shamans, Witch Doctors and Voo Doo have a strong hold on societies that believe in such things. It get's results. even if the treatmehnt is chicken innards and sugar pills. I've heard of a Doc that prescribes the 3 stooges to cancer patients. Making them feel good works sometimes. It's not of god.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
ben says : " Therefore good works = believer. lack of good works - make believer " nope !!

Believing the Gospel and trusting Christ Alone for salvation = Believer
lack of Good Works in a Believer = unfaithful Believer

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
If we believe not "after belief" HE ABIDES FAITHFUL BECAUSE HE CANNOT DENY HIMSELF<---HIS BLOOD AND RIGHTEOUSNESS HAVE BEEN ETERNALLY APPLIED BY FAITH!
Have you never considerd comitting suicide? Most do, but it is our god given will to live or frear of pain and hell that prevents us. Or we realize it would leave our family in a lurch. With burial expences, income loss and heart break. It's the love for families that prevent us, not the love of life!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
There will be many people at the judgment who were trusting in their born-again status that assured them a place in heaven without having to do anything else except believe. These nominal Christians will be surprzed and will look to their pastors for help and not find it.

Many Christians will also think that their good works should have saved them. They too will be surprized.
Surely if many Christians will be surprised that the good works should have saved them and find out they did not.

Then they are not genuine belivers. Therefore nominal belivers like you mentioned in your first paragraph.

The term today "Christian " is sadly and identity with culture of the country they live in.

It's not an identity with Jesus based on relationship.

N

NoNameMcgee

Have you never considerd comitting suicide? Most do, but it is our god given will to live or frear of pain and hell that prevents us. Or we realize it would leave our family in a lurch. With burial expences, income loss and heart break. It's the love for families that prevent us, not the love of life!

i am not sure i understand what you are trying to say....
:unsure:

Dec 12, 2013
And what you don't understand is the fact that believers will have works of every flavor under the sun and that any work produced is a byproduct of the salvation and faith one already POSSESSES in Christ....ALSO....subject to GROWTH AND MATURITY<---creation, unlike your haphazard worldly examples, proves my stance....an apple tree is an apple tree from the very micro second it sprouts and it takes years of growth anf maturity before it will bear ONE PIECE OF FRUIT!

Dec 12, 2013
Surely if many Christians will be surprised that the good works should have saved them and find out they did not.

Then they are not genuine belivers. Therefore nominal belivers like you mentioned in your first paragraph.

The term today "Christian " is sadly and identity with culture of the country they live in.

It's not an identity with Jesus based on relationship.
These guys peddle the exact same rigmarole that Jesus speaks to....the plenteous in number that boast of their works as their right to enter all while claiming to know Jesus....This is the same false gospel peddled by more than a handful on this site.....Lord, Lord have we not done many wonderful works in your name....They claim to know him and they claim their works prove they know him and should have right to enter......too bad that is not the gospel message and or that which saves anyone!

Dec 12, 2013
No.....I have never thought about whacking myself nor do I believe suicide = hell unless the one who commits suicide has not been saved by faith.....!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
And what you don't understand is the fact that believers will have works of every flavor under the sun and that any work produced is a byproduct of the salvation and faith one already POSSESSES in Christ....ALSO....subject to GROWTH AND MATURITY<---creation, unlike your haphazard worldly examples, proves my stance....an apple tree is an apple tree from the very micro second it sprouts and it takes years of growth anf maturity before it will bear ONE PIECE OF FRUIT!
And before it bears fruit the soil needs tilling, nutrients, fertilizer pruning, and so on.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
you post huge walls of misunderstandings with your caps lock on then tie them to OUT OF COMTEXT VERSES

1 Corinthians 2:15
"But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man."
Offline Bible Free
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=offline.bible.free
you post huge walls of misunderstandings with your caps lock on then tie them to OUT OF CONTEXT VERSES

1 Corinthians 2:10-15 (ISVN) But God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the deep things of God.
Is there anyone who can understand his own thoughts except by his own inner spirit? In the same way, no one can know the thoughts of God except God's Spirit.
Now, we have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who comes from God, so that we can understand the things that were freely given to us by God.
We don't speak about these things in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, as we explain spiritual things to spiritual people.
A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the things of God's Spirit, for they are nonsense to him. He can't understand them because they are spiritually evaluated.
The spiritual person evaluates everything but is subject to no one else's evaluation.
These guys peddle the exact same rigmarole that Jesus speaks to....the plenteous in number that boast of their works as their right to enter all while claiming to know Jesus....This is the same false gospel peddled by more than a handful on this site.....Lord, Lord have we not done many wonderful works in your name....They claim to know him and they claim their works prove they know him and should have right to enter......too bad that is not the gospel message and or that which saves anyone!
20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! 22Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:23which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him! 24Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: BECAUSE THEY HAVE CAST AWAY THE LAW OF THE LORD OF HOSTS, AND DESPISED THE WORD OF THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.

3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhortyou that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, TURNING THE GRACE OF OUR GOD INTO ( A LICENSE FOR) LASCIVIOUSNESS, and DENYING the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. 6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. 7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they arewithout water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18how that they told you THERE SHOULD BE MOCKERS IN THE LAST TIMES, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, HAVING NOT THE SPIRIT.

NOW WHO ARE THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS is dead also.

6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things COMETH THE WRATH OF GOD UPON THE CHIDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
DID JESUS STOP WORKING AFTER HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS (CHRIST’S FINISHED WORK ON THE CROSS)?

WHAT WORK WAS FINISHED ON THE CROSS?

DID CHRIST FINISH HIS WORKS OF SALVATION BY DYING ON THE CROSS?

John 5:17 Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.”

...the reason the son of man appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. (1 john 3:8)

John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Luke 24:44-49 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

IS SALVATION “VOID OF WORKS” OR “ NOT BY WORKS (OF OURSELVES)?

ARE SERVANTS CONSIDERED WORKERS?

ARE PREACHERS,TEACHERS, EVANGELISTS, PASTORS, MINISTERS, ADMINISTRATORS ETC. CONSIDERED SERVANTS AND WORKERS OF GOD?

WHAT IF THEY ONLY HAVE FAITH VOID OF WORKS, THEN LOOK DOWN ON THE OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY IN HYPOCRISY AS IF THEY'RE THE ONLY LEGITIMATE PART OF IT? WILL THAT FAITH SAVE THEM?( 1 corinthians chapter 12)

WE ARE GOD’S FELLOW WORKERS(1 cor 3:9)

SENT OUT TO HARVEST WHAT WE HAVE NOT WORKED FOR...THE CROP FOR ETERNAL LIFE.

Luke 10:2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

John 4:34-38 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. EVEN NOW the reaper draws his wages, EVEN NOW HE HARVESTS THE CROP FOR ETERNAL LIFE, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad TOGETHER. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ I SENT YOU TO REAP WHAT YOU HAVE NOT WORKED FOR. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

ARE THERE WORKS NEEDED TO BE DONE FOR SALVATION?

WE ARE TO SERVE IN THE WORKS OF THE GOSPEL WHICH IS THE GOSPEL OF OUR SALVATION.

1 Thessalonians 3:2,5 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and GOD’S FELLOW WORKER in SPREADING THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter might have tempted you and our efforts might have been USELESS.

Philippians 2:22 But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has SERVED WITH ME in the WORK OF THE GOSPEL.

Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

John 7:18 HE WHO SPEAKS ON HIS OWN does so to gain honor for himself, but HE WHO WORKS FOR THE HONOR OF THE ONE WHO SENT HIM IS A MAN OF TRUTH; there is nothing false about him.

John 9:4-5 As long as it is day, “WE” MUST DO THE WORK OF HIM WHO SENT ME. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

BUT WE ARE NOT WORKING FOR OUR OWN SALVATION BUT FOR THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST OF WHOM HE IS THE SAVIOR (eph 5:23),

WHERE HE PUTS THOSE THAT ARE BEING SAVED AND ARE MADE PARTS OF HIS BODY FOR WORKS OF SERVICE.

Ephesians 4:11-13 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, TO PREPARE GOD’S PEOPLE FOR WORKS OF SERVICE, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

Romans 12:4-8 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

1 Corinthians 11:3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

THE TRUE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IS SELFLESS LOVE.

GOD GAVE US HIS ONLY SON.

JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE FOR US.

WE OUGHT TO LAY DOWN OUR LIVES FOR OUR BROTHERS.

1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

Philippians 2:4 Each of you should look not only to your OWN INTERESTS, but also to the interests of OTHERS.

Philippians 2:21 For everyone looks out for HIS OWN INTERESTS, not those of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:12-17 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Galatians 6:2,10 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Matthew 16:24-28 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, HE MUST DENY HIMSELFand take up his cross and follow me. For WHOEVER WANTS TO SAVE HIS LIFE WILL LOSE IT, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

2 Timothy 2:14-19 A Workman Approved by God Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against QUARRELING ABOUT WORDS; it is of no value, and ONLY RUINS THOSE WHO LISTEN. Do your best to present yourself to God as one APPROVED, a WORKMAN who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because THOSE WHO INDULGE IN IT WILL BECOME MORE AND MORE UNGODLY. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have WANDERED AWAY FROM THE TRUTH. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and THEY DESTROY THE FAITH OF SOME. Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord MUST TURN AWAY FROM WICKEDNESS.”

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
  1. Not by works( NOT VOID OF WORKS) but by grace thru FAITH.(eph 2:8-9)
  2. Justified by works and NOT BY FAITH ALONE.(james 2:24)
  3. Faith that Worketh in Love.(gal 5:6)
  4. Faith and Action Working TOGETHER.(james 2:22)

Salvation is by GRACE through FAITH and NOT BY WORKS(of ourselves).(#1)

It is NOT BY FAITH ALONE(#2)but it WORKS in LOVE(#3)thus FAITH & LOVE(works of obedience(romans 1:5) manifested in ACTION and in TRUTH)(1john 3:16-18)are working TOGETHER.(#4)

2 John 1:6 AND THIS IS LOVE: THAT WE WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDS. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you WALK IN LOVE.

THE FIRST PHASE OF SALVATION IS TO BELIEVE IN THE ONE THAT GOD HAS SENT AND IN HIS WORD OF TRUTH, THE GOSPEL OF OUR SALVATION.

(john 6:28-29, eph 1:13,romans 10:8-17).

THROUGH THIS FAITH WE WILL RECEIVE THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT(the Helper/Counsellor)(gal 3:14, john 14:16-17)

John 6:28-29 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the WORKS GOD REQUIRES?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to BELIEVE in the one he has sent.”

THE SECOND PHASE IS THE WORKING OUT OF THAT SALVATION AND REMAINING/CONTINUING IN THE FAITH TO THE END THROUGH OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WILL AND COMMANDMENTS, DOING GOOD WORKS. WALKING AS JESUS DID AND BEING A PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST WHO DOES THE WORKS BEING LED BY THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST WHO IS THE HEAD.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, HIS BODY OF WHICH HE IS THE SAVIOR.

1 Corinthians 12:28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.

John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has FAITH in me WILL DO WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, iF YOU HOLD FIRMLY TO THE WORD I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Romans 1:5 Through him and for his name’s sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the OBEDIENCE that comes from FAITH.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always OBEYED—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—CONTINUE TO WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING.

Romans 6:16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—WHETHER YOU ARE SLAVES TO SIN, WHICH LEADS TO DEATH, OR TO OBEDIENCE, WHICH LEADS TO RIGHTEOUSNESS?

2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the OBEDIENCE THAT ACCOMPANIES YOUR CONFESSION OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

Ephesians 4:11-13 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to PREPARE God’s people FOR WORKS OF SERVICE, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the FULLNESS of Christ.

Romans 2:7 To those who by persistence in DOING GOOD seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in DOING GOOD, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus TO DO GOOD WORKS, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

1 Timothy 6:18-19 Command them TO DO GOOD, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

Hebrews 5:8-9 Although he was a son, he learned OBEDIENCE from what he suffered and, once made PERFECT, he became the SOURCE OF ETERNAL SALVATION for all who OBEY HIM.

Matthew 19:16-17 Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do TO GET ETERNAL LIFE?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS.”

Matthew 25:21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful SERVANT You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. COME AND SHARE YOUR MASTER’S HAPPINESS!’

WE ARE SANCTIFIED BY THESE TRUTHS AS IT IS WRITTEN:

John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

James 1:22 BUT BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD AND NOT HEARERS ONLY deceiving your own selves.

Romans 2:13 (For it is not the hearers of the law who are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God: that WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS; and His commandments are not grievous.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

Ephesians 3:19 and to know this LOVE that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all THE FULLNESS OF GOD.

THE THIRD PHASE OF SALVATION IS SALVATION FROM GOD’S WRATH. THIS IS DEPENDING ON GOD’S MERCY AND JUDGMENT(JUSTICE).

Romans 9:15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

1 John 4:17 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because IN THIS WORLD WE ARE LIKE HIM.

Matthew 12:36-37 But I tell you that MEN WILL HAVE TO GIVE ACCOUNT ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

John 16:8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father,(ref:john 14:12) where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment,(ref:hebrews 10:26-27) because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

Romans 2:5-10 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? FOR WE WILL ALL STAND BEFORE GOD’S JUDGMENT SEAT.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Hebrews 9:27-28 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, NOT TO BEAR SIN, BUT TO BRING SALVATION to those who are waiting for him.

1 Peter 4:17-18 For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for THOSE WHO DO NOT OBEY the gospel of God? And, “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the SINNERS.

John 7:17-18 If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who WORKS for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

John 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

John 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”