Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
No, we will not pay a price. We have been saved (by your own definitioin) just like you. So if your definition of saved is the truth, we will be there to rejoice with you. So don't be worried about us.
We will all pay a price,

Genuine belivers will stand before Jesus.
Works will be judged.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
The true believer was fallen. Was.
If you identify as Christian it is unfortunate that you yourself do not feel secure in the promise of the father at the sacrifice of his eternal son.
My deepest sympathies to your living such a doctrine as that.
Like I say, don't be worried about me. If your definition of being saved is true, then I was saved just like you were saved, and I will be there with you as we rejoice in our EL.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...For those who have been called by God Himself are saved through the blood of our LORD Jesus Christ Himself...We are called by God , it is God who owns our heart...My faith the size of a mustard seed has been watered by God Himself , my branches are growing , I am getting leaves , my branches are becoming sturdy , why ? because I trust in the LORD my God , because I am who I am because of Him , I am nothing without my LORD , I do not understand how people who claim they have Jesus and pick holes in what our LORD has done for us , it needs to stop , we are saved by Gods grace , and nothing nothing else...xox...

T

theanointedsinner

Hi all...For those who have been called by God Himself are saved through the blood of our LORD Jesus Christ Himself...We are called by God , it is God who owns our heart...My faith the size of a mustard seed has been watered by God Himself , my branches are growing , I am getting leaves , my branches are becoming sturdy , why ? because I trust in the LORD my God , because I am who I am because of Him , I am nothing without my LORD , I do not understand how people who claim they have Jesus and pick holes in what our LORD has done for us , it needs to stop , we are saved by Gods grace , and nothing nothing else...xox...
excellent post, Rose

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
No reprobates, unbelievers disbelievers, atheist, apostates, heretics, or heathens, including goats, are allowed in God's Kingdom. God's kingdom is reserved for those who "love", the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Over and over you search God's word so that you can prove your false notion that a "true born again believer", can lose their "eternal salvation", and over and over you are proven wrong. Rather you should let the scriptures speak to you and you will find the truth.

1John5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves His child as well.

1Corinthians2:9
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared "for those who love Him."
All of the scriptures speak to me, but on a fraction of the scriptures speak to you.

You have rationalized many scriptures away, because you say they are speaking to unbelievers, or make believers and so they do not aply to you, who is a true believer.

This is your error. The scriptures are speaking to the true believers. Who do you think the apostles wrote their letters to, the non-believers? Yes, in part and they are easily recongized, but the larger part were written to the believers in the churches. So when they tell us to obey and keep the commandments, and be steadfast and unmoveable in the faith, and to endure to the end, they are speaking to believers, to keep them from falling, some of which have already left the faith and turned from Jesus.

That is your error. You think hundreds of scriptures do not aply to true believers.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
There are simply too many scriptures that tell us that the true believer can fall, if they do not take heed of their salvation.
Too many scriptures that prove OSAS is not a true doctrine.

So do you use a Coupon Cutter or a Scissors to Cut the verses that I posted OUT OF YOUR BIBLE?

Here is Wisdom that I LEARNED when I first was SAVED. Every time you THINK you have found a Contradiction in the BIBLE, you can be sure that YOU have misinterpreted ONE or BOTH Verses. GOD DID NOT MAKE MISTAKES, and GOD IS INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO SAY EXACTLY WHAT HE MEANS. The are NO CONTRADICTIONS IN MY BIBLE, when I interpret it CORRECTLY. You on the other hand, create all kinds of Contradictions, and do not even feel guilty about it.

1 John 2:19 (HCSB)
19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

2 John 1:1-2 (HCSB)
1 The Elder: To the elect lady and her children: I love all of you in the truth—and not only I, but also all who have come to know the truth—
2 because of the truth that remains in us and will be with us forever.

GOD DOES NOT LIE, and EVERY SCRIPTURE FROM Gen. 1:1 through Rev. 22:21 was INSPIRED BY GOD HIMSELF.

2 Timothy 3:16 (NRSV)
16 All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

2 Peter 1:20-21 (HCSB)
20 First of all, you should know this: No prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation,
21 because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, men spoke from God as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

T

theanointedsinner

Now we can all agree, that to ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD is WRONG.

Proverbs 30:6 (NCV)
6 Do not add to his words, or he will correct you and prove you are a liar.

You added a verse without Quoting that it was from JAMES, and I think you did deliberately to imply that it belonged with Titus 3:5.

Not only is it wrong to do that, but you have the WRONG INTERPRETATION of the Book of JAMES.

James is NOT SAYING that WORKS are a NECESSARY PART SALVATION, JAMES is clearly implying THAT IF YOU WERE SAVED FOR REAL, THE MOMENT SAVING FAITH ENTERED INTO YOUR HEART, GOD'S LOVE THAT WAS POURED INTO YOU HEART AT THAT MOMENT, Rom. 5:5, WILL PRODUCE A DESIRE TO LOVE GOD WITH LOVING OBEDIENCE. That happens, way after we WERE SAVED in the beginning of our Faith, and is the LIVING FAITH, compared to the DEAD FAITH, that produces NO LOVE FOR GOD.

You cannot use that verse AS PART OF SALVATION, as it Happens way AFTER WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE and MERCY because of WHAT JESUS DID ON THE CROSS. IT IS PART OF OUR LOVE, not Part of SALVATION.

If you can agree, then we are in agreement.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
No reprobates, unbelievers disbelievers, atheist, apostates, heretics, or heathens, including goats, are allowed in God's Kingdom. God's kingdom is reserved for those who "love", the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Over and over you search God's word so that you can prove your false notion that a "true born again believer", can lose their "eternal salvation", and over and over you are proven wrong. Rather you should let the scriptures speak to you and you will find the truth.

1John5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves His child as well.

1Corinthians2:9
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared "for those who love Him."
AND THIS IS LVE THAT WE WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDS (2john 1:6)

1 John 2 : 3-6
3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.
4 The man who says, "I know him," BUT DOES NOT DO WHAT HE COMMANDS IS A LIAR, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.
5 But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:
6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Ephesians 5 : 6
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things GOD'S WRATH COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT.

Romans 11 : 19-22
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in."
20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. DO NOT BE ARROGANT, BUT BE AFRAID.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, HE WILL NOT SPARE YOU EITHER.
22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. OTHERWISE, YOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF.

T

theanointedsinner

Seohce, briefly describe what you think OSAS is

explain them in premises if you can

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Matthew 25 : 14-30
14 "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them.
15 To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
16 The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more.
17 So also, the one with the two talents gained two more.
18 But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
19 "After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.
20 The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'
21 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. COME AND SHARE YOUR MASTER'S HAPPINESS."
22 "The man with the two talents also came. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.'
23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
24 "Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'
26 "His master replied, 'YOU WICKED AND LAZY SERVANT. You knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 "'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.
29 For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.
30 ND THROW THAT WORTHLESS SERVANT OUTSIDE, INTO THE DARKNESS, WHERE THERE WILL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Matthew 25 : 31-46
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whateverYOU DID NOT DO for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46 "THEN THEY WILL GO AWAY TO ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, BUT THE RIGHTEOUS TO ETERNAL LIFE."

Metternich

Jan 13, 2018
We should work because Jesus has commanded us to, And when we finish a work we should not boast because it is God's grace that enabled us to do the work and we should remember the following.

Lk 17:7-10
7 “Will any one of you, who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep, say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down at table’? 8 Will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare supper for me, and gird yourself and serve me, till I eat and drink; and afterward you shall eat and drink’? 9 Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? 10 So you also, when you have done all that is commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’ ”

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Seohce, briefly describe what you think OSAS is

explain them in premises if you can
Hi...Why would one even question that when God says we are saved by His grace , we are not saved by anything added , as much as people question why we believe in OSAS , we have to question why people do not believe in Gods word that we are saved by His grace , I would not dare to question that...xox...

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
All of the scriptures speak to me, but on a fraction of the scriptures speak to you.

You have rationalized many scriptures away, because you say they are speaking to unbelievers, or make believers and so they do not aply to you, who is a true believer.

This is your error. The scriptures are speaking to the true believers. Who do you think the apostles wrote their letters to, the non-believers? Yes, in part and they are easily recongized, but the larger part were written to the believers in the churches. So when they tell us to obey and keep the commandments, and be steadfast and unmoveable in the faith, and to endure to the end, they are speaking to believers, to keep them from falling, some of which have already left the faith and turned from Jesus.

That is your error. You think hundreds of scriptures do not aply to true believers.
Apostates were never true believers, that is why they left the faith. And Christians will all endure to the end, its called the perseverance of the saints or the "eternal security of the believer."

One thing I am sure of and you are not is that your grace plus works counterfeit gospel will not add one millisecond to your time in heaven. "Saved by grace through faith and that not of yourself it is the gift of God." Eph2:8

You have too much pride to ever accept that you will never be good enough to enter heaven on your own merit, a pity.

Epheasians1:13,14
13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory."

Philippians1:6
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Matthew 25 : 1-13
1 "At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6 "At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
7 "Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
8 The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
9 "'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'
10 "But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11 "Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'
12 "But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'
13 "THEREFORE KEEP WATCH, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW THE DAY OR THE HOUR.

Revelation 3 : 1-3
1 "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.
2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God.
3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief,AND YOU WILL NOT KNOW AT WHAT TIME I WILL COME TO YOU.

Galatians 6 : 7-10
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; THE ONE WHO SOWS TO PLEASE THE SPIRIT, FROM THE SPIRIT WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE.
9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

T

theanointedsinner

Apostates were never true believers, that is why they left the faith. And Christians will all endure to the end, its called the perseverance of the saints or the "eternal security of the believer."

One thing I am sure of and you are not is that your grace plus works counterfeit gospel will not add one millisecond to your time in heaven. "Saved by grace through faith and that not of yourself it is the gift of God." Eph2:8

You have too much pride to ever accept that you will never be good enough to enter heaven on your own merit, a pity.

Epheasians1:13,14
13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory."

Philippians1:6
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
people here know the difference between true apostates and "stage apostates", right?