Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
OSAS AND FAS ARE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES THAT PROMOTES DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD AND REJECTS AND NULLIFIES GOD'S WORDS AND COMMANDS. (mark 7:6-13, Isaiah 5:20-24)

SO DO NOT LET ANYONE DECEIVE YOU...FOR THE WRATH OF GOD COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT.(Ephesians 5:6)

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE SOURCE OF ETERNAL LIFE FOR THOSE WHO OBEY HIM (Hebrews 5:8-9) SAID:

Revelation 3:1-3 To the Church in Sardis “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I HAVE NOT FOUND YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have RECEIVED and HEARD ; OBEY IT and REPENT. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

JESUS HAVE NOT FOUND THEIR DEEDS "COMPLETE" IN THE EYES OF GOD.

THEN HE TOLD THEM TO "OBEY" WHAT THEY RECEIVED AND HEARD AND TO REPENT.

JESUS WAS SPEAKING HERE TO ONE OF THE SEVEN CHURCHES AND WE KNOW THAT THE "CHURCH" IS THE BODY OF CHRIST WHOM HE WILL SAVE. (eph 5:23)

WHY WILL HE SAY THAT THEIR DEEDS ARE NOT COMPLETE IF WORKS ARE NOT NECESSARY FOR SALVATION AND THAT "FAITH ALONE" SAVES?

WHY WOULD JESUS COMMAND THEM TO OBEY AND REPENT IF IT
IS NO LONGER NECESSARY SINCE THEY ARE SAVED ETERNALLY? (OSAS)

IS JESUS IGNORANT OF THIS DOCTRINE OR IS IT CONTRARY TO HIS TEACHINGS AND COMMANDS AND THEREFORE ARE JUST FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE THAT NULLIFIES GOD'S WORDS?

JESUS AND HIS FATHER REQUIRE SOME WORKS TO BE COMPLETED AND ASKED FOR OBEDIENCE AND REPENTANCE.

Romans 8:4 in order that the righteous REQUIREMENTS of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Malachi 3:14 “You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by CARRYING OUT HIS REQUIREMENTS and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty?

GOD REQUIRES OBEDIENCE AND REPENTANCE IN OUR PART OTHERWISE HIS WRATH WILL COME ON THOSE WHO ARE "DISOBEDIENT".(eph 5:6 )

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED... GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED...WE REAP WHAT WE SOW...(Galatians 6:7-10)

NOW IF FAITH ALONE SAVES AND ONCE SAVED, YOU ARE ALWAYS SAVED, DOES THIS PASSAGE BELOW CONTRADICT THESE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE OR DO YOU REJECT IT OR TWIST IT TO MEAN SOMETHING ELSE THAT WOULD FIT YOUR DOCTRINE?

Matthew 24:9-14 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time MANY WILL TURN AWAY FROM THE FAITH and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, THE LOVE OF MOST WILL GROW COLD, but HE WHO STANDS FIRM TO THE END WILL BE SAVED . And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

MANY WHO HAS FAITH WILL TURN AWAY FROM THEIR FAITH.

ARE THEY STILL SAVED AFTER TURNING AWAY FROM THEIR FAITH(ALONE)?

DO YOU MOCK GOD AND REJECT THESE VERSES BELOW?

Galatians 6:7-10 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature WILL REAP DESTRUCTION; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD..

"LET GOD BE TRUE..." (Romans 3:3-4)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
<><.🕇.><>

Now I must totally disagree with your Conclusion that I highlighted in Red. Those are the Two sides of the Same Glove.

How do you plan to be obedient to this verse WITHOUT LOVE:

Leviticus 10:3 (NKJV)
3 And Moses said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke, saying: 'By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; And before all the people I must be glorified.' " So Aaron held his peace.

And How do you plan to be obedient to these verses WITHOUT LOVE:

1 John 4:18-19 (HCSB)
18 There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. So the one who fears has not reached perfection in love.
19 We love because He first loved us.

How do you plan to Strive to Be OBEDIENT to This verse WITHOUT LOVE:

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Now THAT IS NOT Perfection of OUR LIVES, but rather the DIRECTION OF OUR LIVES. We are the ONES who Strive to OBEY, and OBEDIENCE comes from THE LOVE THAT GOD POURED INTO OUR HEARTS, AFTER WE WERE SAVED.

Romans 5:1-5 (HCSB)
1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,
4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE GOD POURED HIS LOVE INTO THE FERTILE SOIL OF OUR HEARTS?
So that it will produce a CROP of LOVE FOR HIM, and OTHERS.

1 John 3:14-19 (HCSB)
14 We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death.
15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.
16 This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.
17 If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his ⌊need⌋how can God’s love reside in him?
18 Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action.
19 This is how we will know we belong to the truth and will convince our conscience in His presence,

The TRUTH is GOD NEEDS AND WANTS OUR LOVE, that is WHY HE poured HIS LOVE directly into the Soil of our HEARTS, to act as a SEED in that Fertile Soil, because HE KNEW WE WERE LACKING. Do you not believe that GOD Searches the HEART for the MOTIVE on WHY WE SERVE HIM? It is NOT that we Serve Him out of a sense of Duty; but rather the PURE MOTIVE OF LOVE, otherwise it is wood, hay, and stubble, or just a Pile of FILTHY RAGS.

1 Chronicles 28:9 (ESV)
9 “And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.

Romans 8:27-30 (HCSB)
27 And He who searches the hearts knows the Spirit’s mind-set, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
29 For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.
30 And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified.

Revelation 2:23 (HCSB)
23 . . . Then all the churches will know that I am the One who examines minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you according to your works.

I need to remind people that SALVATION, is NOT a heavenly reward, IT IS A FREE GIFT.

"NEED" is the key word..God doesn't NEED..he WANTS us to FREELY love and be obediant

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
<><.🕇.><>

Now I must totally disagree with your Conclusion that I highlighted in Red. Those are the Two sides of the Same Glove.

How do you plan to be obedient to this verse WITHOUT LOVE:

Leviticus 10:3 (NKJV)
3 And Moses said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke, saying: 'By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; And before all the people I must be glorified.' " So Aaron held his peace.

And How do you plan to be obedient to these verses WITHOUT LOVE:

1 John 4:18-19 (HCSB)
18 There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. So the one who fears has not reached perfection in love.
19 We love because He first loved us.

How do you plan to Strive to Be OBEDIENT to This verse WITHOUT LOVE:

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Now THAT IS NOT Perfection of OUR LIVES, but rather the DIRECTION OF OUR LIVES. We are the ONES who Strive to OBEY, and OBEDIENCE comes from THE LOVE THAT GOD POURED INTO OUR HEARTS, AFTER WE WERE SAVED.

Romans 5:1-5 (HCSB)
1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,
4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE GOD POURED HIS LOVE INTO THE FERTILE SOIL OF OUR HEARTS?
So that it will produce a CROP of LOVE FOR HIM, and OTHERS.

1 John 3:14-19 (HCSB)
14 We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death.
15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.
16 This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.
17 If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his ⌊need⌋how can God’s love reside in him?
18 Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action.
19 This is how we will know we belong to the truth and will convince our conscience in His presence,

The TRUTH is GOD NEEDS AND WANTS OUR LOVE, that is WHY HE poured HIS LOVE directly into the Soil of our HEARTS, to act as a SEED in that Fertile Soil, because HE KNEW WE WERE LACKING. Do you not believe that GOD Searches the HEART for the MOTIVE on WHY WE SERVE HIM? It is NOT that we Serve Him out of a sense of Duty; but rather the PURE MOTIVE OF LOVE, otherwise it is wood, hay, and stubble, or just a Pile of FILTHY RAGS.

1 Chronicles 28:9 (ESV)
9 “And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.

Romans 8:27-30 (HCSB)
27 And He who searches the hearts knows the Spirit’s mind-set, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
29 For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.
30 And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified.

Revelation 2:23 (HCSB)
23 . . . Then all the churches will know that I am the One who examines minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you according to your works.

I need to remind people that SALVATION, is NOT a heavenly reward, IT IS A FREE GIFT.
Can't take this out of context .you posted Leviticus 10:3..you need to see the WHOLE application here and know that it really doesn't apply to what I said regarding God not NEEDING our love...(I'm talking in general terms)

The Death of Nadab and Abihu
10 Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense;and they offered unauthorized fire before the Lord, contrary to his command. 2 So fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord. 3 Moses then said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord spoke of when he said:

“‘Among those who approach me
I will be proved holy;
in the sight of all the people
I will be honored.’”

Aaron remained silent."

As you can see..scripture wording varies..

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
You have not helped, there is a difference in saying sin is still sin, and saying you can fulfill the law.

The law states cursed is everyone who does not confirm and obey every word, have you done this? If not your cursed, you can be sinlless from now till the day you die, your cursed, unless Christ’s curse is applied to you (he fulfilled the law in your place.

Yes the law will never fail, As long as there are unsaved people, they are bound to the law to save themselves. Or have them led to christ.

The law can not tell you how to be good, It can just expose your sin, and lead you to christ, which was its purpose..

People who want to put believers back under law are putting them under bondage..
As a Christian I am sinless until the day I die.

Sin is transgression of the law. If there is no law then there are no sinners.

Aug 8, 2018
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation! ...
Thank you for that declaration. Faith generates the works God will inspire us to perform in obedience to our Father. That is the 'cause >> effect' path. It's possible to fool ourselves that we are doing God's will with 'good works' if we are not putting our relationship to God in the control room of actions we engage. Part of my experience: if I am led to do something according to the Spirit which I would never otherwise dream of doing, that work will likely bear fruit for His Kingdom. I've seen it, and it was fun to know who was in control. If I am doing other than His will, however 'good', there will be no fruit, and He will rebuke me at the Judgment for my vanity.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

WHO THEN ARE THOSE WHO MOCK GOD?

THEY ARE THOSE WHO SAY THAT WORKS OF OBEDIENCE ARE NOT PART OF SALVATION WHICH REJECTS THE TEACHING THAT "WHAT YOU SOW IS WHAT YOU REAP".

CAN ANYONE REAP ETERNAL LIFE WITHOUT "SOWING" TO PLEASE THE SPIRIT?

DO WE PLEASE THE SPIRIT BY DISOBEYING HIS COMMANDS?

"GOD'S WRATH COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT."(ephesians 5:6)

james 2
26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

DO NOT PERVERT THE GRACE OF GOD INTO A LICENSE FOR IMMORALITY(Ref: jude 1:4) BY NULLIFYING GOD'S LAW.

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.

WHO THEN ARE THOSE WHO MOCK GOD?
Unbelievers/works-salvationists.

THEY ARE THOSE WHO SAY THAT WORKS OF OBEDIENCE ARE NOT PART OF SALVATION WHICH REJECTS THE TEACHING THAT "WHAT YOU SOW IS WHAT YOU REAP".
Galatians 6:7 is often misunderstood and misinterpreted by works-salvationists.

CAN ANYONE REAP ETERNAL LIFE WITHOUT "SOWING" TO PLEASE THE SPIRIT?
Only believers sow to the Spirit and from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

DO WE PLEASE THE SPIRIT BY DISOBEYING HIS COMMANDS?
Perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by works is not obeying His commands and does not please the Spirit (Galatians 1:6-9).

"GOD'S WRATH COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT."(ephesians 5:6)
Descriptive of unbelievers. Ephesians 2:1 - And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, (past tense) 2 in which you once walked (past tense) according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, (unbelievers) 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

james 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
In James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith converges around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body emits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works (Ephesians 2:5-10).

DO NOT PERVERT THE GRACE OF GOD INTO A LICENSE FOR IMMORALITY(Ref: jude 1:4) BY NULLIFYING GOD'S LAW.
Works-salvationists are usually quick to judge others as living an immoral life, while exalting themselves as moral. Galatians 2:21 - "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.” Oh the irony.

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”
Sounds like the typical argument I hear from SDA's who claim they obey the commands of God (while perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works) and confidently and self righteously declaring they will be receive eternal life based on those terms, yet falsely accusing others outside of their belief system (believers who teach salvation by grace through faith, not works) of nullifying the word of God by their traditions. In context, Jesus is not talking about believers, but the Pharisees and scribes (Mark 7:1-5). You are not fooling me or any of my brothers and sisters in Christ on Christian Chat with your long winded nonsense, full of scripture twisting and false accusations against believers. :cautious:

Acts 20:28 - Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears. 32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

E

eternally-gratefull

If we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves and there is no truth in us.

Yes, Sin is transgression of the Law. But as Jesus showed. The law does not show us every sin.

We are freed from the curse of the law. It can not condemn us, that is what redemption is. It does nto mean that sin is no longer sin.

If your under law. As paul said, your under a cursed. Because cursed is everyone who does not obey every jot and tittle of the law.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.

Unbelievers/works-salvationists.

Galatians 6:7 is often misunderstood and misinterpreted by works-salvationists.

Only believers sow to the Spirit and from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by works is not obeying His commands and does not please the Spirit (Galatians 1:6-9).

Descriptive of unbelievers. Ephesians 2:1 - And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, (past tense) 2 in which you once walked (past tense) according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, (unbelievers) 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

In James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith converges around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body emits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works (Ephesians 2:5-10).

Works-salvationists are usually quick to judge others as living an immoral life, while exalting themselves as moral. Galatians 2:21 - "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.” Oh the irony.

Sounds like the typical argument I hear from SDA's who claim they obey the commands of God (while perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works) and confidently and self righteously declaring they will be receive eternal life based on those terms, yet falsely accusing others outside of their belief system (believers who teach salvation by grace through faith, not works) of nullifying the word of God by their traditions. In context, Jesus is not talking about believers, but the Pharisees and scribes (Mark 7:1-5). You are not fooling me or any of my brothers and sisters in Christ on Christian Chat with your long winded nonsense, full of scripture twisting and false accusations against believers. :cautious:

Acts 20:28 - Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears. 32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
I HEARD THOSE TWISTED REMARKS BEFORE WHICH REJECT GOD'S WORD AND NULLIFY GOD'S COMMANDS TO PERVERT THE GRACE OF GOD INTO A LICENSE FOR "IMMORALITY".

WHO ARE THE IMMORALS?

NO NEED TO EXPLAIN FURTHER TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT RATHER THAN TWIST AND REJECT GOD'S WORD TO PROMOTE A FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE OF THE "WALKING DEAD" WITH THEIR FALSELY CALLED KNOWLEDGE.

3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:

“So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge.”

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
9 “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

15 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

WILL ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRA BE CONSIGNED TO THE FIERY LAKE OF BURNING SULFUR TOGETHER WITH ALL THE LIARS, DECEIVERS AND DISOBEDIENT SERVANTS OF A "WALKING DEAD" THEOLOGY?

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
MAN GOT SEPARATED FROM GOD BECAUSE OF THE SIN OF DISOBEDIENCE WHEN MAN WAS DECEIVED BY THE SERPENT WHO SAID THAT “...Ye shall not surely die.”(genesis 3:4)

DÈCEIVERS OF THIS AGE SAYS THE SAME THING;

“YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE (PERIßH / BE CONDEMNED). ONCE YOU'RE SAVED, YOU ARE ALWAYS ßAVED. JUST HAVE FAITH VOID OF WORKS (OF RIGHTEOUSNESS / ÒBEDIENCE) AND YOU WILL POSSESS ETERNAL LIFE THE MOMENT YOU BELIEVE.

OSAS AND FAS ARE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES.

For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for THOSE WHO DO NOT OBEY THE GOSPEL OF GOD?

He will punish those who do not know God and DO NOT OBEY THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS.

"GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED"

"LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR."

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I HEARD THOSE TWISTED REMARKS BEFORE WHICH REJECT GOD'S WORD AND NULLIFY GOD'S COMMANDS TO PERVERT THE GRACE OF GOD INTO A LICENSE FOR "IMMORALITY".

WHO ARE THE IMMORALS?

NO NEED TO EXPLAIN FURTHER TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT RATHER THAN TWIST AND REJECT GOD'S WORD TO PROMOTE A FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE OF THE "WALKING DEAD" WITH THEIR FALSELY CALLED KNOWLEDGE.

3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:

“So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge.”
Quick question: What do YOU believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel? (Romans 1:16)

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “ DO NOT GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. 7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “ DO NOT GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. 7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?
Is that your answer to my question? :unsure:

What do YOU believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel? (Romans 1:16)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I have another question- are you perfect and sinless?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Lol everyone sins this side of heaven..Jesus death provided a way that we could ask forgiveness and be restored back to God ..doesn't affect the status of our salvation though.

By saying you're sinless is saying you're God...God is the ONLY sinless being..

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Quick question: What do YOU believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel? (Romans 1:16)
YOU HAVE ASKED ME THAT QUESTION BEFORE AND WHEN I GAVE AN ANSWER, YOU JUST DID THE SAME THINGS YOU'VE BEEN DOING, YOU MOCK AND SCOFF AS IT WAS WRITTEN:

3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

YOU HAVE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION TO SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE AND YOU WOULD NOT ACCEPT A VALID ANSWER.

TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME.

1 corinthians 5
6 your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of SINCERITY AND TRUTH.