Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
dcon said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH more working for pseudo salvation.....My bible teaches salvation is a present CURRENT possession.....

Not by works of righte4 s7ousness which we have done, but according to his mercy HAS HE SAVED US <--PAST TENSE
4t3f
YES..JESUSe did become SIN for us....<--Only a deceiver would reject this truth as well....

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

JESUS was BORN of a WOMAN, BORN UNDER THE LAW and “was CURSED” when he hung on a TREE....<--Only deceivers would reject the word of God which states as much....

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE "

FOLKS any and all who deny the above truths have proven they are not of GOD....DO NOT BELIEVE POST 59510..HE DENIES these truths and supplants them with HALF truths and deceit just like the garden when the serpent removed and then added his own words to the bible.......

dcontroversial said:

...”JESUS was BORN of a WOMAN, BORN UNDER THE LAW and “was CURSED” when he hung on a TREE....<--Only deceivers would reject the word of God which states as much....”

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
The Bible does say in John 5:24 that he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. So salvation is a present, current possession. Believers "have been" saved through faith (past tense with ongoing present results) from the PENALTY of sin (justification - Romans 5:1). The Bible also says in Titus 3:5 that it is not by works of righteousness which we have done, (Literally, "of works which are done in righteousness" and this passage fully refutes the doctrine of meritorious works, yet you tried to explain that away in one of your erroneous rants) but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which takes place when one is born again at the moment of salvation.

In 2 Corinthians 5:21, we read - For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Also, in Galatians 3:13, we read - Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree." In 1 Corinthians 12:3, we read - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed.. which "accursed" (Greek word - anathema) here would pronounce Jesus to be an impostor, and therefore justly punished with death, which is not the sense of the word "cursed" in Galatians 3:13. Paul is not contradicting himself and you need to stop falsely accusing dcon of calling Jesus "cursed/accursed" in that latter sense. In contrast, believers say that Jesus is Lord by the Holy Spirit.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The Bible does say in John 5:24 that he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. So salvation is a present, current possession. Believers "have been" saved through faith (past tense with ongoing present results) from the PENALTY of sin (justification - Romans 5:1). The Bible also says in Titus 3:5 that it is not by works of righteousness which we have done, (Literally, "of works which are done in righteousness" and this passage fully refutes the doctrine of meritorious works, yet you tried to explain that away in one of your erroneous rants) but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which takes place when one is born again at the moment of salvation.

In 2 Corinthians 5:21, we read - For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Also, in Galatians 3:13, we read - Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree." In 1 Corinthians 12:3, we read - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed.. which "accursed" (Greek word - anathema) here would pronounce Jesus to be an impostor, and therefore justly punished with death, which is not the sense of the word "cursed" in Galatians 3:13. Paul is not contradicting himself and you need to stop falsely accusing dcon of calling Jesus "cursed/accursed" in that latter sense. In contrast, believers say that Jesus is Lord by the Holy Spirit.
Morning dan!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Ugh..i wamt another..or TWO more days off..this is my first day back after 3 day vacation..
The longer you're off on vacation the harder it is to go back to work. When I'm at work I usually have three things on my mind.

1. When is my next day off.
2. When is my next vacation.
3. When do I retire. :giggle:

Speaking of retirement, I have 3 years, 8 months, 15 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes and 12 seconds to go. Not that I'm counting. LOL

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The longer you're off on vacation the harder it is to go back to work. When I'm at work I usually have three things on my mind.

Speaking of retirement, I have 3 years, 8 months, 15 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes and 12 seconds to go. Not that I'm counting. LOL
Lol..ill never be able to retire :(

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Let no one deceive you folks. Salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9). (y)

To believe anything else is to miss salvation. :eek:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Let no one deceive you folks. Salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9). (y)

To believe anything else is to miss salvation. :eek:
emphasis ANYTHING ELSE.

no matter how it's dressed up, anything other than total faith and trust in Christ will land one in hell.

one way. one way only.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
emphasis ANYTHING ELSE.

no matter how it's dressed up, anything other than total faith and trust in Christ will land one in hell.

one way. one way only.
John 14:6 New International Version (NIV)

"6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

AMEN..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Romans 10:9-11 New International Version (NIV)

"9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[a]

AMEN?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just realized that you make those artsy posters and I almost said something in Los Angeleze. Youv'e got mad skills girl. Wow, I'm impresed.
Thank you, Bob, that is very kind of you to say :) I do not draw them, it is more a digital collage of elements I sourced from the web (offered free for non-commercial use) and put together... I just found out recently that many of my templates are no longer available to me, as the imaging site I was using to create and save them is no longer available for free use. I do have all the finished ones that I saved as printable files, but the working layered files are not accessible, which is quite a disappointment to me, because some of those (and there were many!) I created specifically to keep working with. It is quite a disappointment...

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Hi Dan, retirement is amazing some say its like Saturday everyday. My wife and I sold our business in 2018 and never looked back, 37yrs of hard labor. We built 2 small homes for my wife's family and 1 small home for her and I in Thailand. I'm still recovering from my cancer due to agent orange in Vietnam and when the time is right we are going to resume our peaceful retirement in Thailand.

My wife has the calling to the mission field in Thailand. Our Church Family in Thailand continues to pray for us so if God wills it so we may return this Christmas time 2018...

69,212,470 Thailand Population (LIVE)

Currently Protestant Christians are numbered at 1 percent of the population and 90 percent Buddhist. The Thai people are very comfortable with their Buddhism and when I say, "do you like Jesus, (Jesu), most of the time I get a big Thai smile and the answer is, "not need Jesus"

I know you can make it Mailmandan and God bless! Now it is only; 3 years, 8 months, 15 days, 16 hours, 05 minutes and 01 seconds to go. Not that I'm counting. :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Thank you, Bob, that is very kind of you to say :) I do not draw them, it is more a digital collage of elements I sourced from the web (offered free for non-commercial use) and put together... I just found out recently that many of my templates are no longer available to me, as the imaging site I was using to create and save them is no longer available for free use. I do have all the finished ones that I saved as printable files, but the working layered files are not accessible, which is quite a disappointment to me, because some of those (and there were many!) I created specifically to keep working with. It is quite a disappointment...
We were using windows 3, apples and macs when windows 7 became a required course of study in the Cal State U. system but the comptroller went over budget so Gov. Arnold stopped paying teachers an nurses paid by the state. The nurses got IOU's (which were accepted by B of A) but the teachers didn't & walked out. We had win 3's & XP's trying to learn win 7 (they took away all the non IBM's) without teachers. I haven't a clue what 1/2 you said means. I lost my PELL grant for having an incomplete. But I can still push buttons and touch type with my left or both hands. I used to have a decal on my M.C. helmet that said 'Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm. BTW when Arnold found out he was elected Gov. he said 'Sig hiel!' what a :poop: head.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We were using windows 3, apples and macs when windows 7 became a required course of study in the Cal State U. system but the comptroller went over budget so Gov. Arnold stopped paying teachers an nurses paid by the state. The nurses got IOU's (which were accepted by B of A) but the teachers didn't & walked out. We had win 3's & XP's trying to learn win 7 (they took away all the non IBM's) without teachers. I haven't a clue what 1/2 you said means. I lost my PELL grant for having an incomplete. But I can still push buttons and touch type with my left or both hands. I used to have a decal on my M.C. helmet that said 'Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm. BTW when Arnold found out he was elected Gov. he said 'Sig hiel!' what a :poop: head.
Wow. Well, I am not much of a political person, and I did try to keep what I said to the simplest basic minimum because I could have gone on and on and then you would have really been lost:giggle:I will go on a bit more though (LOL!) Basically, what is involved is first spending hours and hours looking for single solitary images to use in a creation with other elements. For instance, unicorns: okay, I did have a file folder with a hundred or more horses, unicorns, and pagasuses and now I cannot find them. This just gets worse and worse... all my other image specific folders are missing also :eek::censored::cry:

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

Happy is the mailman that is RETIRED. I SURE AM!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
So your first paragraph which states Jesus came to COMPLETE the law..means it was INCOMPLETE to begim with..OR "fufillment" of the law..

But..interesting LAST paragraph..hmmm
The first part is a quote from Jesus. The second part is the definition of sin. It becomes obvious either you are very new to Christianity or you are a wolf in sheep's clothing. Are you a Christian ignorant of the faith or the wolf. Which is it. Methinks it is the latter.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The first part is a quote from Jesus. The second part is the definition of sin. It becomes obvious either you are very new to Christianity or you are a wolf in sheep's clothing. Are you a Christian ignorant of the faith or the wolf. Which is it. Methinks it is the latter.
Im NOT being sarcastic..i was truly WONDERING and thinking bout what you said..46 yrs of being a christian but i see CC has gotten you defensive like many otherz. :(