Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I think Jewel was either referring to herself.
If she was referring to you then maybe she had seen you post about being 73.

Maybe think before you jump off at the deep end.

You posted your age a good few posts after Jewel mentioned 46.

So me thinks she was referring to herself.
I was posting how many years ivebeen a christian since he said i must be a newbiechristian or a wolf in sheeps clothing n suspected the "latter" :(

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
If you are a new person in Jesus and have the baptism of the Holy Spirit, you will be doing his work, and the work of Jesus is to take care of the poor and needy, etc. IOW good works. What do you think it means that "by their fruits ye may know them. Fruits are the product of good works that produce fruit. Don't fight me on good works. We do good works because we want to, not to gain EL, but because of our love of Jesus. You are kicking against the pricks to not be willing to do good works for Jesus.

If the prodical son had not repented of his sins and come back to the father he would have been lost and not recieved what the father had. IOW he would not have EL. The story ends nicely and he did repent and he did come back and he did recieve EL.
But all stories do not end well.

Your marriage story forgets that 50% of marriages fail to abide the covenant and therefore the covenant is broken and this is just like in real spiritual life. If you break your covenant with God and you do not repent and come back, you will lose your EL.

Jesus teaches us in the bible that "every branch IN ME that does not produce fruit will be taken away". (John 15:1-2)
This proves that OSAS is just not a true doctrine.

YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING, WHAT OSAS, REALLY TEACHES. YOU ARE ONLY ASSUMING THAT YOUR OPINION OF OSAS IS CORRECT.

Let me show you where you went wrong with your THEORY. You Wrongly assume that one that LEFT the CHURCH, and goes on with his life, as happy as a human being can be, however he Lost his Salvation. No he was NEVER REALLY SAVE, and he is the PROOF:

Hebrews 12:6-8 (HCSB)
6 for the Lord disciplines the one He loves and punishes every son He receives.
7 Endure ⌊suffering⌋ as discipline: God is dealing with you as sons. For what son is there that a father does not discipline?
8 But if you are without discipline—which all receive—then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

Therefore, it is NOT a question of Will He Return, it is ONLY a question of WHEN WILL HE RETURN, if he was a genuine legitimate son.

I do want to compliment you that you have finally come to the Conclusion that SINCERE LOVE Produces Obedience, NOT a WAY TO BE SAVED.

However, you still have the tainted opinion of OSAS based on FALSE INFORMATION that you have been taught. Maybe GOD can help you get over that Tainted view of OSAS, with the verses I just quoted you from Hebrews. Please meditate on it.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I was posting how many years ivebeen a christian since he said i must be a newbiechristian or a wolf in sheeps clothing n suspected the "latter" :(
I know you were.

I saw it straight away.

I took the time to read the interaction. Going back to first to the end.

Reject what he said.

You are not a wolf.
You are a precious daughter of the Father, the apple of his eye.
He loves you as much as he loves Jesus.
Jesus said that himself.

Dec 12, 2013
We should rather obey God than men. That chapter in romans does not justify violating God's commandments. You are right we may not be able to vote for anything soon. Things seem to be going that way fast, especially in Europe.
The world will go the way the word is going to go....evil men and seducers wax worse and worse and for sure the world lies in darkness.......the proverbial statement-->to hell in a hand basket is where it is headed and a preordained destiny with the Lord's besom "broom" of destruction!

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I personally think a Christian should be interested in Politics. Here is why?

Romans 13:1-7 (NIV)
1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.
4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.
5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing.
7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

How can Democrats support Obstructionism and remain ever Hating Trump, and still call themselves Christians ? ? ?

Just my personal opinion.
V...,

My assessment....radical left dems. are not christian. They cannot be for the things they stand for and be right with G-d.....SIMPLE AS THAT.

I left the party several years ago when I saw what was happening....non christian moral standards, homosexuality approval, same sex marriage approval, if it feels good do it approval, etc.

Now add .....open borders approval, one world gov. approval, remove G-d, ten commandments, The Cross and Bible from society approval, etc.

There seems no limit to what immoral standards they will approve.
I, for one wish not to stand before My Creator one day and try to justify support of any system that relegates G-d and His Christian standards to the dung heap.

Reps. are not far behind and are trending in the same direction.

Dec 12, 2013
A hanged man is cursed by God, according to Deuteronomy, written by Moses, inspired by God. Paul quotes the specific passage in relation to Jesus Christ in Galatians 3:13~ “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree’,” You seem to have a persistent problem with Moses and Paul, both of whom wrote under the inspiration of God: Moses, somewhere between 80-100 thousand words, and Paul, who penned thirteen of the twenty-seven books of the New Testament, which is 31.57 percent of the text. Those numbers for Paul do not include the book of Hebrews, since its authorship is contested. Now I realize you have a huge chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind as well, but isn't this something you should be taking up with God instead of spamming the board with your repetitive copy and pastes over a period of many months?
Amen.....clear as a bell.......for that brief moment Jesus became a curse for us, was hung on the cross, became a sin offerning for us, was forsaken of the Heavenly Father and cried, "My God, My God why has thou forsaken me." Tragic how many reject this biblical tenant of Christianity to their own demise!!

Dec 12, 2013
emphasis ANYTHING ELSE.

no matter how it's dressed up, anything other than total faith and trust in Christ will land one in hell.

one way. one way only.
Amen.......faith embellished with anything = a gospel of a different kind with NO POWER to save a flea, much less a man!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
V...,

My assessment....radical left dems. are not christian. They cannot be for the things they stand for and be right with G-d.....SIMPLE AS THAT.

I left the party several years ago when I saw what was happening....non christian moral standards, homosexuality approval, same sex marriage approval, if it feels good do it approval, etc.

Now add .....open borders approval, one world gov. approval, remove G-d, ten commandments, The Cross and Bible from society approval, etc.

I, for one wish not to stand before My Creator one day and try to justify support of any system that relegates G-d and His Christian standards to the dung heap.

The key word is RADICAL, radical right wingers are just as bad, some would probably support lynching gays if they could get away with it.

Dec 12, 2013
Im NOT being sarcastic..i was truly WONDERING and thinking bout what you said..46 yrs of being a christian but i see CC has gotten you defensive like many otherz. :(
More like his reliance on some creed written by ex Catholics in 390 A.D. over the bible....he clearly believes it tells him what he must believe in order to be a Christian......he peddles it like a coconut water salesman on the beach in Port Douglas AU......for a few dollars!

Dec 12, 2013
In a nutshell, man is saved through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is vindicated, substantiated, evidenced by works (James 2:14-24).

Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not by the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies is never alone (solitary, unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24). *Perfect Harmony* (y)
An apple tree is an apple tree from the moment it sprouts
a. Takes years to produce from 1 to a few apples
b. May produce an abundance for a while, may not
c. Drought, fertilizer, cold snaps, disease, insects etc. determine the amount of production.
d. May quit producing for years
e. May produce 1 piece of fruit.

Still an apple tree...James is about a mere belief that God is God just as the devils do......and this rest of the sequence crap is just that......saved by faith is saved by faith...there is no rest of the sequence to FINISH SALVATION!....

Dec 12, 2013
I just don't think you understand James 2 at all , and if you do not understand James 2 , then what else do you not understand...
He understands his rule of faith and practice.....called the APOSTOLIC CREED written by men "ex catholics" in 390 A.D.....it is what he bases his beliefs on and states clearly that it defines what we MUST BELIEVE in order to be a Christian...me....I just use the bible!

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING, WHAT OSAS, REALLY TEACHES. YOU ARE ONLY ASSUMING THAT YOUR OPINION OF OSAS IS CORRECT.

Let me show you where you went wrong with your THEORY. You Wrongly assume that one that LEFT the CHURCH, and goes on with his life, as happy as a human being can be, however he Lost his Salvation. No he was NEVER REALLY SAVE, and he is the PROOF...
V...,
You don't know what is/was between a person and G-d! You have bought into a bunch of male bovine residue.
You have nothing biblical to support an OSAS belief and plenty biblical and common sense which relegates the belief to the dung heap.
Strongly suggest you stop following the destructive ones and place your knowledge and belief in The Bible....only

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
He understands his rule of faith and practice.....called the APOSTOLIC CREED written by men "ex catholics" in 390 A.D.....it is what he bases his beliefs on and states clearly that it defines what we MUST BELIEVE in order to be a Christian...me....I just use the bible!
Oh gosh , I never even heard of these things...Me to , the bible is my daily bread , faith comes by hearing , and hearing comes from the Word of God...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
V...,

Not to mention the push for and acceptance of the murder of babies in the womb......or did I miss that....

Dec 12, 2013
Oh gosh , I never even heard of these things...Me to , the bible is my daily bread , faith comes by hearing , and hearing comes from the Word of God...xox...
It has been really cool to see your transformation by the word and your spiritual growth.....keep swinging the sword sister.....time is short and take as many as you can with you by your witness and your word......

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
This all points to why I prefer the NIV, IT WAS TRANSLATED, NOT PARAPHRASED ONLY 45 YEARS AGO. We also have a problrm with the English dialects in that words change meanings due to social, regional, political, economic, national and other and other reasons. This goes for the translators as well. @dcontroversal, you know what I'm talking about. For example the original copies of the manuscripts had no punctuation marks. If you wrote 'it smells like fish!' That would probably be a negative statement but if you wrote 'It smells, like fish?' That may be positive to a fish lover especially near dinner time.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
The Bible does say in John 5:24 that he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. So salvation is a present, current possession. Believers "have been" saved through faith (past tense with ongoing present results) from the PENALTY of sin (justification - Romans 5:1). The Bible also says in Titus 3:5 that it is not by works of righteousness which we have done, (Literally, "of works which are done in righteousness" and this passage fully refutes the doctrine of meritorious works, yet you tried to explain that away in one of your erroneous rants) but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which takes place when one is born again at the moment of salvation.

In 2 Corinthians 5:21, we read - For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Also, in Galatians 3:13, we read - Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree." In 1 Corinthians 12:3, we read - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed.. which "accursed" (Greek word - anathema) here would pronounce Jesus to be an impostor, and therefore justly punished with death, which is not the sense of the word "cursed" in Galatians 3:13. Paul is not contradicting himself and you need to stop falsely accusing dcon of calling Jesus "cursed/accursed" in that latter sense. In contrast, believers say that Jesus is Lord by the Holy Spirit.
New International Version 1984 Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

WHO AMONG CHRIST'S APOSTLES AND DISCIPLES WHO HEARD HIM SAY THESE THINGS, WROTE AND PREACHED THAT HE "WAS CURSED" FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS?

New International Version 1984 Mark 3:28-29 I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”