Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 12, 2018
Oh ok.
I didn't know that.
I spoke with a guy last week who does building maintenance for my company and he is a Mormon but he didn't tell me about the change.

So why the change?
Has anything changed concerning doctrine?
The term “Mormons” originated in the early days of the church from mobs and enemies to mock our belief in the Book of Mormon. It really wasn’t a nice term. Somehow over the years it has just become the norm. The prophet last month said all websites and articles under the name of Mormon coming from the church itself will be changed. We are the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and he asked that we refrain from using it. :) Our core doctrine is the same and will not change.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The term “Mormons” originated in the early days of the church from mobs and enemies to mock our belief in the Book of Mormon. It really wasn’t a nice term. Somehow over the years it has just become the norm. The prophet last month said all websites and articles under the name of Mormon coming from the church itself will be changed. We are the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and he asked that we refrain from using it. :) Our core doctrine is the same and will not change.
Wow..interesting..

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
What about the trinity?
The 3 levels of heaven?
God the Father being a man?
Is Jesus the firstborn of a heavenly Father and Mother

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
That was not what he was talking about, HE is talking about Born Again, and part of that experience is GOD has the HOLY SPIRIT pour HIS LOVE, directly into our HEARTS (human spirit), Rom. 5:5. So when were you Born Again?

No, Like CNN and MSNBC, who are FAMOUS for Creating an Distorted version of the NEWS, which they think WILL BE MORE APPEALING TO THEIR audience, because it is what they want to HEAR.

Food for THOUGHT!
Christ walks around 7 candlesticks in first 3 chapter of Revelation, NOT JUST ONE. They represent the broad spectrum of Christianity, and all GET SOME SAVED, and HE recognizes ALL SEVEN TYPES. Sure there is "SOMEWHAT AGAINST YOU" in most, and only TWO had no admonishment from HIM. HOWEVER, HE RECOGNIZES ALL SEVEN AS PART OF THE ASSEMBLY THAT HE HAS BUILT. Now do you think HE will take it KINDLY, if you insult, and put down those who are not your personal favorite?

I have even met BORN AGAIN CATHOLICS in my life, and TWO of them are Priests, AND you can tell by the LOVE in their Hearts for others, Rom. 5:5 & 1 John 3:14:19. They convinced me they are there, to Point the Way of SALVATION is IN CHRIST, and not Mary. It truly is GOD's Calling in their Lives. So, I cringe every time I hear others PUT DOWN CATHOLICS, because I know they are getting a few People Saved. Yes, Christ will HAVE A FEW THINGS AGAINST THEM, but THAT is HIS JOB, not mine. I can find EVERY STATEMENT in the Catholic Catechism, that is in the Baptist Doctrinal Statement of Faith. So, now are you going to Stone me TOO?

So maybe the Catholics are getting fewer saved, but they do get a few SAVED meaning BORN AGAIN. So I will not Judge them, but I personally can recommend that they find a Church that TEACHES the WORD way more than any other part of the SERVICE. Because Peter was told three Times to FEED HIS SHEEP. Why do you think GOD allowed HIS ASSEMBLY to become so diversified? Because WE are so diverse in ourselves. If one style of Service, does not appeal to us, maybe another will?

2 Peter 3:9 (HCSB)
9 The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance.

For example: I am not fond of Hell Fire And Brimstone Preaching, but I know Some people will not feel like they have been to Church unless the Preacher yells and screams at them. I prefer that a Pastor be GIFTED to Teach the Word, Explain It, and Tells me how it Applies to my Life, for about an Hour, and to me GIFTED is he will not bore me; or I do not feel like I have been to Church. Some people want tongues to be part of the Service, EVEN THOUGH I Personally Do Not Believe in the Modern Day Examples, because it is NOT like what the Apostles DID, but I still recognize them as a part of the Valid Assembly that Christ has Built. I was a Volunteer for the Ministerial Association for a couple years, and I was able to treat all Churches that Taught Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity, equally.

It seems that our focus should be on what they do and teach RIGHT, not on what they Teach, in our opinion, that is error.
Too many questions at once. Born again? Pentecost 1977. Fake news? You mean mainstream news! The word of the lord never returns empty Isaiah 55:11, I hold nothing against the people that are catholic. The Vatican government however I despise. I was a catholic. I no longer pray to beads, crosses saints or Mary. I know little about the Baptist faith and I don't care for labels. I love churches that stick to the New Testament, joyfully. Sing and praise the lord. Give thanks abundantly.

I stand firmly against Idolatry, myths, lies and fairy tales. Also tradition for the sake of tradition annoys me but I don't have to be involved with that stuff so I don't. My suspicions are that the great prostitute may be the USA for its adoption of freemasonic teachings, agnostisticisim and acceptance of abortion and sexual immorality as normal. And the love of oil and money are ruining this great planet God has made for us. I do not pledge allegiance any more to any doctrine that doesn't say that Jesus is Lord. And I never will again. Are those enough answers so far? I agree with you about the gift of speaking in tongues, it can be useful but it has been turned into a sideshow especially if no interpretation is to follow.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

Firstly in today's church baptism does not happen straight away.
If someone responds to the Gospel with genuine belief baptism is not even addressed.

In today's church there are caveats added before you can be baptised.

A simple thing like giving a great testimony.
Some don't have a great testimony, so they back off.
Some are frightened to speak in front of many people.

Most churches meet with those who wish to be baptised.
Asked load of questions and if you tick all the boxes then yes they will baptise you.
If no then no.

You are so right and I am in agreement with your post. We are doing a great disservice to people by pressuring them to give some super testimony and tick all the boxes while all the Bible requires is FAITH for baptism Acts 8:37.
We should realize not everyone is a great public speaker and some might have anxiety talking to large crowds as you mentioned. Great post.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Thanks. It is good to clarify some of those things. Our beliefs have many similarities. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Okay now im getting worried. Many similiraties with the Latter-day Saints? Oy vey!

With all due respect we differ on core doctrines, I believe in the Trinity, you guys believe in a billion gods, even the Father and Son are two different gods. I believe in the Bible, you have the book of Mormon and the Bible. I believe i will not be "a god", you guys believe you can become gods. I believe in salvation by grace through faith, you guys believe in works salvation. That is unless ALOT has changed in the LDS teaching recently.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Okay now im getting worried. Many similiraties with the Latter-day Saints? Oy vey!

With all due respect we differ on core doctrines, I believe in the Trinity, you guys believe in a billion gods, even the Father and Son are two different gods. I believe in the Bible, you have the book of Mormon and the Bible. I believe i will not be "a god", you guys believe you can become gods. I believe in salvation by grace through faith, you guys believe in works salvation. That is unless ALOT has changed in the LDS teaching recently.
Post 71,164

Dec 12, 2013
Thanks. It is good to clarify some of those things. Our beliefs have many similarities. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You have nothing in common with the Lord's true New Testament Churches.....Baptismal proxy for the dead is false, Satan and Jesus brothers false, call your favorite wife from the grave and populate your own planet false, Book of Mormon with it's numerous embellishments and revisions false, Joseph Smith getting golden plates from an angel called Moron false......etc......sorry to be so blunt, but Mormonism is not a Christian religion, nor do you worship the God of the bible, nor do you know and preach the Jesus of the bible! End of story!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You have nothing in common with the Lord's true New Testament Churches.....Baptismal proxy for the dead is false, Satan and Jesus brothers false, call your favorite wife from the grave and populate your own planet false, Book of Mormon with it's numerous embellishments and revisions false, Joseph Smith getting golden plates from an angel called Moron false......etc......sorry to be so blunt, but Mormonism is not a Christian religion, nor do you worship the God of the bible, nor do you know and preach the Jesus of the bible! End of story!
I think J. Smith was either a deranged, delusional nut or was under satinac or demonic influence. Perhaps all of the above. A person can be sincere and sincerely wrong at the same time. He prayed to dead peoples bones for cryin' out loud. How weird is that? An open invitation to demonic forces. I know also that there main texts are the Books of Mormon and King James and in spite of the hogwash that they peddle people can get saved by hearing and or reading the bible, You know it too decon.

What can we do with LDS? Get them to read Rev. 22:18 & 19 and set aside the Book of Morons and stick to the Bible and get saved for real. That's my 2 cents worth, enjoy Auzzie land! Peace out.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Does not matter.....same dogma = same cult!
Lol..i didnt say i agree with thier religious beliefs just wondered why after all this time they change thier name..other denominations have suffered persecution ..whats the difference with mormons being persicuted and i wonder if the "chamge" will stick..

Dec 12, 2013
I think J. Smith was either a deranged, delusional nut or was under satinac or demonic influence. Perhaps all of the above. A person can be sincere and sincerely wrong at the same time. He prayed to dead peoples bones for cryin' out loud. How weird is that? An open invitation to demonic forces. I know also that there main texts are the Books of Mormon and King James and in spite of the hogwash that they peddle people can get saved by hearing and or reading the bible, You know it too decon.

What can we do with LDS? Get them to read Rev. 22:18 & 19 and set aside the Book of Morons and stick to the Bible and get saved for real. That's my 2 cents worth, enjoy Auzzie land! Peace out.
2 fold the children of hell...........! Anf make no mistake, they only include the bible to appear legit....at the end of the day they peddle the book of Mormon.........I worked for a guy who was a Mormon and he gave "Talks" in his temple....we had numerous rounds anf he always walked away peeved because he could not get one over on thr word of God.....one day his final reply to me was to write me a letter stating that he had to be right and no way mormonism was wrong.....tragic that he will go to the grave believing that crap!

Dec 12, 2013
Lol..i didnt say i agree with thier religious beliefs just wondered why after all this time they change thier name..other denominations have suffered persecution ..whats the difference with mormons being persicuted and i wonder if the "chamge" will stick..
Never said ya did haha the difference is they are not persecuted for righteousness sake....but rather their outlandish cultish dogma.......just think...if you were a mormon woman and the favorite wife you could spend eternity preggo while populating your own planet...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
2 fold the children of hell...........! Anf make no mistake, they only include the bible to appear legit....at the end of the day they peddle the book of Mormon.........I worked for a guy who was a Mormon and he gave "Talks" in his temple....we had numerous rounds anf he always walked away peeved because he could not get one over on thr word of God.....one day his final reply to me was to write me a letter stating that he had to be right and no way mormonism was wrong.....tragic that he will go to the grave believing that crap!
Yet some can be saved:love:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Never said ya did haha the difference is they are not persecuted for righteousness sake....but rather their outlandish cultish dogma.......just think...if you were a mormon woman and the favorite wife you could spend eternity preggo while populating your own planet...
That might be difficult in the lake of fire.