Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Still secure in my eternal life that Jesus has given me by grace through faith with no religious hoops, strings, rigmarole attached.....

It pleased God, by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

To a worker for, Cainologist and or Pharisee it is foolish that we can just believe and be saved.....the flip side of the coin-->those who know the truth know it is foolish to believe works have any bearing on gaining eternal salvation/life by grace through faith......!!!
Amen Brother...The more I read the Word , the more I realize that we can only forever approach God through our LORD Jesus Christ with empty hands...
I went a few months thinking how good I had been , not realising that every day I commit a sin , you know the unseen ones , and then bam , the rug was pulled from under my feet , again I was humbled , and was taught a lesson , God is now in control of my life , no matter how good I think I am , I came above my station , kind of a proudful head , and then I was brought low again and coming to my LORD once again with empty hands , and that is how it is...

The good works that follow are the works from the Holy Spirit , it is He who directs our paths...Tell me something please , anyone , what makes a person believe that they need works , i understand the Catholic ways , but people who claim they are Christians and read the same Scriptures we read , why does some people get By grace we are saved , not by works lest anyone should boast , why do they have to add to it , why don`t they see what we see ,?...We all have the Holy Spirit , yet the Holy Spirit is showing one thing to one side , and the workers another , no that cannot be , God is not a God of confusion , so obviously the side that add works are confused yet they do not see it , why ?...xox...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Amen Brother...The more I read the Word , the more I realize that we can only forever approach God through our LORD Jesus Christ with empty hands...
I went a few months thinking how good I had been , not realising that every day I commit a sin , you know the unseen ones , and then bam , the rug was pulled from under my feet , again I was humbled , and was taught a lesson , God is now in control of my life , no matter how good I think I am , I came above my station , kind of a proudful head , and then I was brought low again and coming to my LORD once again with empty hands , and that is how it is...

The good works that follow are the works from the Holy Spirit , it is He who directs our paths...Tell me something please , anyone , what makes a person believe that they need works , i understand the Catholic ways , but people who claim they are Christians and read the same Scriptures we read , why does some people get By grace we are saved , not by works lest anyone should boast , why do they have to add to it , why don`t they see what we see ,?...We all have the Holy Spirit , yet the Holy Spirit is showing one thing to one side , and the workers another , no that cannot be , God is not a God of confusion , so obviously the side that add works are confused yet they do not see it , why ?...xox...
The RCC has different governing bodies (23) all must align theselves with the Vatican but they can be vastly different as well much like protestants their are different segments that have different beliefs. There are 23 branches of the RCC some like sacred heart Venerate Mary over jesus and teach we are not good enough to pray to jesus but must pray to Mary that she prays for us and pass the message on to Jesus. That was the sect I was raised into. Jews are born saved through Gods promise to Abraham but that everyone else is going to hell including babys due to the sins in the garden of eden and that the only way to get save is to be baptized, say confession to a priest be forgiven by the priest and have holy communion in that order while others teach that only 144,000 Jews will be saved because they became catholic and on and on.

They teach that what is written in the bible are often sacred mysteries most men can't understand. I's OK to read the bible but only a priest can explain many of them and we should not trust our own understanding but always submit to the teachings of the catholic church bla bla bla. I was taught this nonsense since about age 6 and by 12, I was brainwashed. Most are afraid to admit they don't believe it. Hell is a signifigant deterrent for most people.

@Deade has written books on the subject, if you want to know more I'd recommend asking him. Catholics aren't bad, they're brainwashed and deceived.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
When I use the check mark from me it says amen. The button they forgot when they designed this site.
You are right, there is no AMEN button. If your Salvation was REAL, this time, you will notice a HUNGER FOR THE WORD OF GOD, and regularly, preferably, FEED on that word every Day. If you want me to Suggest a very good BIBLE TEACHER, my suggestion would be Dr. John MacArthur, and the Series of Sermons that was my Spiritual Milk, was his Verse by Verse all the way Through the Book of Revelation.

Here is that series that was my Spiritual Milk:
https://www.gty.org/library/resources/sermons-library/scripture/1?book=66&chapter=0

If you are faithful, your Born Again Human Spirit will grow in understanding, LEAPS and BOUNDS. KEEP up the Bibles Studies, and He will USE YOU some day in the work of the Ministry. God is the Author of Poetic Justice, so do not be surprised if HE puts it on your HEART to be involved in witnessing to AIDs patients. Praise the Lord. Remember, MEET A REAL NEED first and He will open the Door to Witnessing in LOVE, after you meet a real need.

You will know that you have a DEEPER LOVE for the Brethren, too.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
There is also this:

:D

Magenta, I notice that we are BOTH Senior Members, . . . . . . . and I have to wonder, what is the next step in seniority process?
:unsure: . . . . . . . Perhaps, "One Foot In The Grave". :LOL:

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
If you want me to Suggest a very good BIBLE TEACHER, my suggestion would be Dr. John MacArthur
Let me bring to your attention that MacArthur has said you can take the mark of the beast and still be saved, which is a very serious blunder to make. It was a Q&A session where someone asked if you can still be saved after taking the mark of the beast and he said yes and rambled on. As people caught wind of this and made all kinds of videos exposing him teaching falsehoods his follower Phil Johnson posted an article about the controversy, which you can read HERE and as you can see, they are teaching the same falsehood and babble on in this "correction" article.

To add insult to injury, johnny is a calvinist.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You are right, there is no AMEN button. If your Salvation was REAL, this time, you will notice a HUNGER FOR THE WORD OF GOD, and regularly, preferably, FEED on that word every Day. If you want me to Suggest a very good BIBLE TEACHER, my suggestion would be Dr. John MacArthur, and the Series of Sermons that was my Spiritual Milk, was his Verse by Verse all the way Through the Book of Revelation.

Here is that series that was my Spiritual Milk:
https://www.gty.org/library/resources/sermons-library/scripture/1?book=66&chapter=0

If you are faithful, your Born Again Human Spirit will grow in understanding, LEAPS and BOUNDS. KEEP up the Bibles Studies, and He will USE YOU some day in the work of the Ministry. God is the Author of Poetic Justice, so do not be surprised if HE puts it on your HEART to be involved in witnessing to AIDs patients. Praise the Lord. Remember, MEET A REAL NEED first and He will open the Door to Witnessing in LOVE, after you meet a real need.

You will know that you have a DEEPER LOVE for the Brethren, too.
Aids patients, ex-convicts, alcoholics, addicts. The mentally ill. That's what I did. I used to study under Dr. Walter Martin, author of 'Kingdom of Cults'. He had a call in radio show too in the 80's aka 'The Bible Answerman Show' I answered phones for the suicide prevention Hot Line and for Trinity Broadcasting, Channel 40 Irvine, Ca. I'm not looking for a job so I'll skip the resume or I'd be bragging.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Let me bring to your attention that MacArthur has said you can take the mark of the beast and still be saved, which is a very serious blunder to make. It was a Q&A session where someone asked if you can still be saved after taking the mark of the beast and he said yes and rambled on. As people caught wind of this and made all kinds of videos exposing him teaching falsehoods his follower Phil Johnson posted an article about the controversy, which you can read HERE and as you can see, they are teaching the same falsehood and babble on in this "correction" article.

Well, I have listened to the ENTIRE SERIES at LEAST FOUR TIME, and I Have NEVER HEARD HIM MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT, so unless you can prove it, it is JUST ANOTHER FAKE NEWS REPORT.

The ONLY UNPARDONABLE SIN IS BLASPHEMING THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH IS REJECTING WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TRYING TO PUT ON YOUR HEART TO BELIEF ABOUT JESUS.

READ THE REST OF IT.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Revelation 2:14, "But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality."

Revelation 2:20, "But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols."

Revelation 1:10-11, "1:10, "I came to be in the Spirit on the Day of יהוה,a and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the First and the Last,” and, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven assemblies of Asia – to Ephesos, and to Smurna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodikeia.”

Revelation 2:1-3, “To the messenger of the assembly of Ephesos write, ‘He who is holding the seven stars in His right hand, who is walking in the midst of the seven golden lampstands, says this: “I know your works, and your labour, and your endurance, and that you are not able to bear evil ones, and have tried those who say they are emissaries and are not, and have found them false; and you have been bearing up and have endurance, and have labored for My Name’s sake and have not become weary.”

A.T.
19:1-9
1:15-18
God rebukes the churches in Pergamos and Thyatira for Immorality.

Revelation 2:14-16
14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

Revelation 2:20
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

In these passages, God warns of eating meat sacrificed to idols, but it is discussed in a different context than merely buying the meat in a market, as the gentiles would.
It was the Pagans who sacrificed animals to a so called god, not gentile belivers.

Instead, these churches that Jesus addresses had members who were violating the very principle that Paul and the book of Acts warned against: they were actually engaging in pagan feasts themselves, which involved meat sacrifice and sexual orgies.

God references Balaam and Jezebel–names of individuals from the Old Testament who led Israelites into idolatry.

The Jerusalem council sent Paul and Barnabas to the gentiles with the following directives.
Acts 15:29

29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell. (side note, nothing here about being cirumcised)

Pagan feasts involved meat sacrifice and sexual orgies.

The reason for the directive was because the gentiles would have been aware of this and may have even participated themselves.

the Gentiles needed some basic guidance to prevent them from returning to the pagan system

The Jews would have known this as well, hence the angst between the early church.

But the truth is the gentiles in the church who were but pagan, were belivers purchased the meat to eat as it was cheap leftovers.

God rebukes two churches for engaging in these idolatrous feasts, which included indulging in the sacrificed meat and engaging in fornication.

Jerusalem council

Acts 15:6-11

The Jerusalem Council
6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
God rebukes the churches in Pergamos and Thyatira for Immorality.

Revelation 2:14-16
14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

Revelation 2:20
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

In these passages, God warns of eating meat sacrificed to idols, but it is discussed in a different context than merely buying the meat in a market, as the gentiles would.
It was the Pagans who sacrificed animals to a so called god, not gentile belivers.

Instead, these churches that Jesus addresses had members who were violating the very principle that Paul and the book of Acts warned against: they were actually engaging in pagan feasts themselves, which involved meat sacrifice and sexual orgies.

God references Balaam and Jezebel–names of individuals from the Old Testament who led Israelites into idolatry.

The Jerusalem council sent Paul and Barnabas to the gentiles with the following directives.
Acts 15:29

29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell. (side note, nothing here about being cirumcised)

Pagan feasts involved meat sacrifice and sexual orgies.

The reason for the directive was because the gentiles would have been aware of this and may have even participated themselves.

the Gentiles needed some basic guidance to prevent them from returning to the pagan system

The Jews would have known this as well, hence the angst between the early church.

But the truth is the gentiles in the church who were but pagan, were belivers purchased the meat to eat as it was cheap leftovers.

God rebukes two churches for engaging in these idolatrous feasts, which included indulging in the sacrificed meat and engaging in fornication.

Jerusalem council

Acts 15:6-11

The Jerusalem Council
6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”
So are you saying that it is ok to "eat meat sacrificed to idols" as long as it is not done while having a sexual orgy?

I think both, either done alone or togather are not permissable.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

So what? I ONLY agree with 3 Points of that Calvinist issue, so BOTH SIDES OF THE DEAD ARGUMENT REJECT ME.

I am HAPPY that both ARMENIANS and CALVINIST cannot hang there TITLE on ME. They can ONLY call me CHRISTIAN.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Well, I have listened to the ENTIRE SERIES at LEAST FOUR TIME, and I Have NEVER HEARD HIM MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT, so unless you can prove it, it is JUST ANOTHER FAKE NEWS REPORT.

The ONLY UNPARDONABLE SIN IS BLASPHEMING THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH IS REJECTING WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TRYING TO PUT ON YOUR HEART TO BELIEF ABOUT JESUS.

READ THE REST OF IT.
Here is the audio starting from 0:55 onwards : YouTube

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Magenta, I notice that we are BOTH Senior Members, . . . . . . . and I have to wonder, what is the next step in seniority process?
:unsure: . . . . . . . Perhaps, "One Foot In The Grave". :LOL:
Good morning VCO :) (It is coming up to noon here :)). I have just returned from my Saturday morning jaunt to the friendly neighbourhood coffee shop, and am contemplating exactly that: what next? Not so much in terms of the seniority process, though ;) I must admit though, that mortality looms larger as I age... especially seeing all the greats I knew while growing up becoming lates. Most recent is Burt Reynolds, I suppose. R.I.P Burt. I do wonder about my role in the here and now in terms of how I serve the kingdom, but I can only live in the moment, and trust that God will guide my steps as He has in the past, for surely He has. Not just trust Him, but also be grateful that He allowed me to outlive my rebellion against Him :) The rest is simply learning to surrender more, and more, to Him/His will for my life (y)

Wishing y'all a wonderful Saturday and weekend :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
It is not ok to eat meat sacrified to idols.. According to the Messiah:

Revelation 2:14, "But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality."

Revelation 2:20, "But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols."

are you really claiming that it is ok? To kill an animal in sacrifice to a pagan idol and eat it?

The Most High says to not even make or have idols... it is the 2nd Commandment...

Exodus 20:4-6,4 “You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth,"5 you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, יהוה your Elohim am a jealous Ěl, visiting the crookedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,"6 but showing loving-commitment to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My commands."
I thought sacrifices both to God or idols was OT law? JESUS was the "sacrifice" (the perfect Lamb that was slain) that was a game changer...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So what? I ONLY agree with 3 Points of that Calvinist issue, so BOTH SIDES OF THE DEAD ARGUMENT REJECT ME.

I am HAPPY that both ARMENIANS and CALVINIST cannot hang there TITLE on ME. They can ONLY call me CHRISTIAN.
I don't call myself one or the other, either. In fact, the idea that God creates people just to torture and torment them forever after is repugnant to me, and should fly in the face of anyone's beliefs about God's loving justice and mercy. The problem is, there are too many who will say you are not a Christian if you do not agree with what THEY believe. I seems no matter how many Bible verses I can provide to back up what I believe, someone will tell me I do not believe the Bible. Funny, huh, since they are the ones rejecting the verses I gave them :giggle: