Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
a lot of people are deathly allergic to iodine which a lot of shellfish are high in.
Also shellfish retain any pollutants found in the water. Calibob, I'm sure you remember California used to have watches for polluted runoff into the ocean. They would tell you not to harvest any shellfish within a certain distance from shore. That includes heavy metals like mercury, iodine, etc. :cool:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Also shellfish retain any pollutants found in the water. Calibob, I'm sure you remember California used to have watches for polluted runoff into the ocean. They would tell you not to harvest any shellfish within a certain distance from shore. That includes heavy metals like mercury, iodine, etc. :cool:
Big warning signs at point fermin and royal palms not to eat clams.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah I have heard that from many people. And reject it. Post trib makes no sense biblically or logically (If you rapture every saved person at the end, and kill every unsaved person. (Which the bible says Jesus will do at his return) then you have no one left for Jesus to rule. And his words, whoever endures to the end thus becomes meaningless) is just one of many reasona I believe this.

But as I have also said. It is not salvic. And not worth arguing over, I just want peole to see both sides thats all. Love ya bro.
I never said anything like what you say above....and I have consistently stated that Israel (remnant) goes all the way through in the flesh, repopulates the waste cities of the planet (Zechariah, Isaiah) and there seems to be some remnant of the nations that treated Israel well for a time...for Example....Egypt takes a strike, lays dormant for 40 years and they return into the land and are subserviant to Israel during the 1000 reign....and not to mention the above view makes no sense at all....Christ brings the dead in Christ with him and those alive and remain are changed...so to say he has no one to rule over is ignorant....

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I never said anything like what you say above....and I have consistently stated that Israel (remnant) goes all the way through in the flesh, repopulates the waste cities of the planet (Zechariah, Isaiah) and there seems to be some remnant of the nations that treated Israel well for a time...for Example....Egypt takes a strike, lays dormant for 40 years and they return into the land and are subserviant to Israel during the 1000 reign....and not to mention the above view makes no sense at all....Christ brings the dead in Christ with him and those alive and remain are changed...so to say he has no one to rule over is ignorant....
OK, now I gotta read your book. How, where? Can I down load and save it?

Dec 12, 2013
The non belieber..in his carnal mind does not know the ways of God and what God expects for a person to libe a righteous life..God OR the HS doesnt dwell im His life..

Even as seasoned believers..we know more NOW than as baby christians..God will judge by what we know..not by what we didnt..
I think both are right.....there seems to be a base level of accountability generally directed at all men....and there is also a higher level of accountability directed at those who have a greater understanding of the word.......just saying..... ;)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Saved means saved sins forgiven and cast as far as the east is from the west. Bearing fruit takes time, bearing his fruit in his season is part of an old memory verse comes to mind. If people were instantly, miraculously changed into perfect. Teaching obedience would be unnecessary.

Technically, we will not be PERFECT until HE gives us that Body that CANNOT THINK SIN, at the Rapture or Resurrection. But in the mean time we will inherit HIS PERFECTION. But remember Obedience is PART OF LOVE, and is not part of SALVATION.

You still live in California? I could not afford to live there on my Post Office Pension, or I would have moved back to Crescent City, my SECOND favorite place on earth to live. My first place where I have ever lived was OKINAWA.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
OK! I'll check it out and save it if I can. I've never heard of what you said but I know and understand about the Lords1k years earthly reign before judgement just by reading rev. thanx, I'll give it a shot.(y):love::cool:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Technically, we will not be PERFECT until HE gives us that Body that CANNOT THINK SIN, at the Rapture or Resurrection. But in the mean time we will inherit HIS PERFECTION. But remember Obedience is PART OF LOVE, and is not part of SALVATION.

You still live in California? I could not afford to live there on my Post Office Pension, or I would have moved back to Crescent City, my SECOND favorite place on earth to live. My first place where I have ever lived was OKINAWA.
No, I/we can't afford it either. Oklahoma near Wichita Falls, Tx. I'd rather live in Lompoc, 50 mi. n. of Santa Barbra in the Valley of Flowers, which the word Lompoc meant in native tongue. Lompoc; lawm-poke

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
OK! I'll check it out and save it if I can. I've never heard of what you said but I know and understand about the Lords1k years earthly reign before judgement just by reading rev. thanx, I'll give it a shot.(y):love::cool:
Have you read Zecariah chapter 14, that is about His Second Coming and HIS plans for the Mortal Descendants of the 144,000. What is crazy, is so many Christians want to be spiritual Israelites, and THEY ARE THE ONES going into HIS 1000 Year Kingdom in their MORTAL BODIES. They blind them selves to the Truth, that we GO INTO THE KINGDOM in our GLORIFIED BODIES. It says HE IS GOING TO HIS FATHER's HOUSE, to Prepare a Place for US, and at the SAME TIME our Jobs will be to Reign as PRIESTS, (probably teaching the Mortal Descendants of the 144,000). If that is so, then some have said, HOW are we going to get back and forth to HEAVEN in the New City JERUSALEM during the Millennium, to our Jobs hear on earth? I think that is why Jacobs Dream about the Ladder, was about, to show us that GOD has provided a way to Get from Heaven to Earth. I sure hope it is at least a very fast Escalator?

Looks like it was Shift Change.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Have you read Zecariah chapter 14, that is about His Second Coming and HIS plans for the Mortal Descendants of the 144,000. What is crazy, is so many Christians want to be spiritual Israelites, and THEY ARE THE ONES going into HIS 1000 Year Kingdom in their MORTAL BODIES. The blind them selves to the Truth, that we GO INTO THE KINGDOM in our GLORIFIED BODIES. It says HE IS GOING TO HIS FATHER's HOUSE, to Prepare a Place for US, and at the SAME TIME our Jobs will be to Reign as PRIESTS, (probably teaching the Mortal Descendants of the 144,000). If that is so, then some have said, HOW are we going to get back and forth HEAVEN in the New City JERUSALEM during the Millennium, to our Jobs hear on earth? I think that is why Jacobs Dream about the Ladder, was about, to show us that GOD has provided a way to Get from Heaven to Earth. I sure hope it is at least a very fast Escalator?

Looks like it was Shift Change.
I've read the whole Bible, more than once. Books of prophecy are harder to understand because they are abstract to the modern mind and recovery based ministries really concentrate on here and now mostly or life's past experiences. and how to get over them, one day at a time.
goodnight.:love:

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
No, I/we can't afford it either. Oklahoma near Wichita Falls, Tx. I'd rather live in Lompoc, 50 mi. n. of Santa Barbra in the Valley of Flowers, which the word Lompoc meant in native tongue. Lompoc; lawm-poke

That is why we HAD to move to Fallon, Nevada. In our Senior Mobile Home Park, space rent went from $400 to $725, in only 5 years; AND NOTHING CAME WITH IT, not even Garbage. It is LIKE they do not want Retirees to STAY, only HIGH WAGES people.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The coolest thing about Fallon, NV, is it is home of the TOP GUN SCHOOL.

On another thread, we had one guy insisting he saw an UFO that night. A stationary ORANGE BALL OF LIGHT IN THE NIGHT SKY, and THEN IT TOOK OFF AT INCREDIBLE SPEEDS. I had to wake him up to the fact that all He saw was an F-35 Afterburner. They can hover like a jump jet, and take off at incredible speeds. See that large clump of trees in the left corner. My house when I lived in Fallon, NV. was about two miles past that.

Better get back on Subject. I have over the years found Proof in the Old Testament that GOD NEVER DID CHANGE, Mal. 3:6. The way GOD has ALWAYS Saved People, is BOTH THE SAME IN THE O.T. as well as the N.T. HE SAVES THEM BY GRACE through Faith, and the genuine LOVE of the People is only VALIDATION that they were GENUINELY SAVED. I know a lot of People want to believe the Jews were Saved by Works of the Law. That is a lie, that helped the Pharisees keep their POWER. Old Testament Sacrifices ONLY COVERED sign until the Next sin, SO IT WAS IMPERFECT.

Matthew 22:37-38 (NLT2)
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (NLT2)
4 “Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone.
5 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

See it, Their FAITH and Our Faith are the SAME, HOWEVER, NONE OF US HUMAN BEINGS can LOVE with our WHOLE HEART, LIKE THAT, so GENUINE BELIEVERS, are those who are all SEEKING THE MESSIAH.

Romans 3:23 (HCSB)
23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Therefore ALL needed a MESSIAH, to pay their Sin Debt FOR THEM.

Proverbs 8:35-36 (HCSB)
35 For the one who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD,
36 but the one who misses me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”

If you do HAVE FAITH IN THE MESSIAH, YOU ARE SAVED, and therefore, the evidence that IT WAS REAL, is LOVE.

Psalm 31:23 (HCSB)
23 Love the LORD, all His faithful ones. The LORD protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant.

Psalm 145:20 (NASB)
20 The LORD keeps all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy.

Think about this, and I am sure You will see:

The JEWS that BELIEVE GOD would send a MESSIAH, are SAVED; and the Fruit of that Faith is LOVE.
Christians that BELIEVE GOD DID send the MESSIAH, are SAVED; and the Fruit of that Faith is LOVE.

Is that NOT the SAME FAITH? THEREFORE, IT IS THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM.

E

eternally-gratefull

I
I believe romans 1 is talking bout people that have HEARD N KNOWN bout God but have REJECTED Him..thats not my "for instamce" at all..
Romans 1 talks about the world. Thats why it says that Gods creation speaks of him, everyne sees creation and has to make a choice. They Know Gods moral law. Thats why scripture says even gentiles, who do not have the law. Etc etc.. and they know they have fallen short. About the only people I know who thin they are sinless are certain christians or religious people who have watered down moral integrity.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The coolest thing about Fallon, NV, is it is home of the TOP GUN SCHOOL.

On another thread, we had one guy insisting he saw an UFO that night. A stationary ORANGE BALL OF LIGHT IN THE NIGHT SKY, and THEN IT TOOK OFF AT INCREDIBLE SPEEDS. I had to wake him up to the fact that all He saw was an F-35 Afterburner. They can hover like a jump jet, and take off at incredible speeds. See that large clump of trees in the left corner. My house when I lived in Fallon, NV. was about two miles past that.

Better get back on Subject. I have over the years found Proof in the Old Testament that GOD NEVER DID CHANGE, Mal. 3:6. The way GOD has ALWAYS Saved People, is BOTH THE SAME IN THE O.T. as well as the N.T. HE SAVES THEM BY GRACE through Faith, and the genuine LOVE of the People is only VALIDATION that they were GENUINELY SAVED. I know a lot of People want to believe the Jews were Saved by Works of the Law. That is a lie, that helped the Pharisees keep their POWER. Old Testament Sacrifices ONLY COVERED sign until the Next sin, SO IT WAS IMPERFECT.

Matthew 22:37-38 (NLT2)
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (NLT2)
4 “Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone.
5 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

See it, Their FAITH and Our Faith are the SAME, HOWEVER, NONE OF US HUMAN BEINGS can LOVE with our WHOLE HEART, LIKE THAT, so GENUINE BELIEVERS, are those who are all SEEKING THE MESSIAH.

Romans 3:23 (HCSB)
23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Therefore ALL needed a MESSIAH, to pay their Sin Debt FOR THEM.

Proverbs 8:35-36 (HCSB)
35 For the one who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD,
36 but the one who misses me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”

If you do HAVE FAITH IN THE MESSIAH, YOU ARE SAVED, and therefore, the evidence that IT WAS REAL, is LOVE.

Psalm 31:23 (HCSB)
23 Love the LORD, all His faithful ones. The LORD protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant.

Psalm 145:20 (NASB)
20 The LORD keeps all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy.

Think about this, and I am sure You will see:

The JEWS that BELIEVE GOD would send a MESSIAH, are SAVED; and the Fruit of that Faith is LOVE.
Christians that BELIEVE GOD DID send the MESSIAH, are SAVED; and the Fruit of that Faith is LOVE.

Is that NOT the SAME FAITH? THEREFORE, IT IS THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM.
Top gun school eh?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Romans 1 talks about the world. Thats why it says that Gods creation speaks of him, everyne sees creation and has to make a choice. They Know Gods moral law. Thats why scripture says even gentiles, who do not have the law. Etc etc.. and they know they have fallen short. About the only people I know who thin they are sinless are certain christians or religious people who have watered down moral integrity.
I HAVE POSTED PAULS LETTER TO ROME IN ROMANS 1

"To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people:

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul’s Longing to Visit Rome

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9 God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters,[d] that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.

14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[e] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”[f]

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Footnotes:

Verse 12 suggests they are already IN the "faith" (my post was originally talkimg bout the unsaved) verse 21 also suggests tgey "knew God but still turned away" (again this is not what i was origimally talking bout)...

E

eternally-gratefull

I HAVE POSTED PAULS LETTER TO ROME IN ROMANS 1

"To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people:

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul’s Longing to Visit Rome

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9 God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters,[d] that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.

14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[e] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”[f]

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Footnotes:

Verse 12 suggests they are already IN the "faith" (my post was originally talkimg bout the unsaved) verse 21 also suggests tgey "knew God but still turned away" (again this is not what i was origimally talking bout)...
Remember, scripture was not written in verse form. You have to look at each passage and see where the seperators are. Because multiple topics or things can be discussed in each chapter

Rom 1 should be seperated into at least 3 parts.

Vs 1 - 7 - introduction
Vs 7 - 17 - to you (people in vs 12. Believers)
Vs 17 - 32 about them (unbelievers, the world. Those not saved) to whome there is no excuse

I am disussing vs 17- 32, vs 12 in not refering to these verses, Paul has changed the subject matter from you to them. .

benhur

Feb 8, 2018

OK, I get baptized of the HS, and I trust in the Lord and have faith in Jesus, and I have a new person in the Lord, but I do nothing that the Lord tells me to do and I ignore the promptings of the HS, but I will still be saved. Makes very little sense. I can not believe it.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
OK, I get baptized of the HS, and I trust in the Lord and have faith in Jesus, and I have a new person in the Lord, but I do nothing that the Lord tells me to do and I ignore the promptings of the HS, but I will still be saved. Makes very little sense. I can not believe it.
That person will receive nothing (or very little) at the judgment seat of Christ . . .

"According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (I Corinthians 3:10-16).

Your fight is with God's Word.